What's new

Noob Saibot: The COMPLETE Guide

Guide's great, nice job

The Noob Saibot forums are running very smoothly as of late ^-^
I agree the Noob board is the most helpful and understanding board!

When Noob gets hit during the opening frames of Shadow Tackle and Slide, the shadow just decides to go right through someone. Now, if you hit someone with a physical attack such as b1,2,1,4 2,1,2 or 2,1,4 a Green Explosion will come out doing the tackle/slides damage in the combo and let you continue it if they don't fly off.

Here is video clarification.
The green glow and the shadow whiffing are 2 separate problems.

Since the tackle hits in 11 frames from point blank range and 32 frames from max range, and since the tackle is even on block from max range, that would mean Noob is at a 21 frame disadvantage from a blocked point blank ranged tackle. That's pretty terrible, every character can punish, most with full combo.

D. R.

Noob
Updated "Punishment" and "Combos" sections with the best of the best and hard combos. Will update the combos section more later with more corner combos and post reset options.

Excellent work D.R!

Not sure if someone else has posted this up, but I thought I just share it (forgive me if someone else has or if this was discussed already).

I know it doesn't yield as much by using: njp, :r:r, :l:bp, :r:r, :fp:bp, :r:r, :fp:bp, :en:d:l:fk, :d:u or with :en:d:u

I've been using the following for blackhole resets because I felt it was just a little easier for me to pull off/execute:
njp, :r:r, :fk, :r:r, :fp:bp, :en:d:l:fk, :d:u yields 9hits; 38% and with :en:d:u yields 11hits; 40%

In an attempt for more dmg output I've tried squeezing in an extra :r:r, :fp:bp, before the :en:d:l:fk, but I couldn't find the patience or hand coordination to pull it off properly. Maybe one someone already knows or can follow up with this.

I've also used :r:r, :fk, as an alternative to using :r:r, :l:bp, for other combos because it yields a little more dmg as a standalone move. I'm aware of the slow/high frame rate associated with using :fk.

D. R.

Noob
Updated with a couple more combos. I'll add the damage later once I get my hands on the game again. I edited all that shit on my Iphone. Pain in the ass. lol

D. R.

Noob
I had an epiphany about GE now that tackle hits overhead and I confirmed it: GE is now an overhead or low depending on what shadow special, tackle or slide respectively, Noob throws out. In the corner, this could be useful... :evil:

Reedoms

Noob
I had an epiphany about GE now that tackle hits overhead and I confirmed it: GE is now an overhead or low depending on what shadow special, tackle or slide respectively, Noob throws out. In the corner, this could be useful... :evil:
I've already been testing this stuff out in matches.
I've seen people blocking low when I'm doing a typical 2,1,2 combo after missing a charge and the explosion hits them.

D. R.

Noob
Noob Saibot vs. ??? section will be updated by the end of the month. I have alot of things to test out and confirm on my own.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Wow, so all I have to worry about is Smoke and Raiden? Cool.
And for those who are confused, IMO 4-6 just means you'll win if you know how to use your character.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Wow, so all I have to worry about is Smoke and Raiden? Cool.
And for those who are confused, IMO 4-6 just means you'll win if you know how to use your character.
4-6 r still bad matchups. You just gotta know what to watch out for. Also kabal a 3-7 not a 4-6.

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
Very informative thread/guide. I would like to say that the community appreciates this.
I would also like to add that I believe that Noob vs Cyrax is a 6-4 in Noob's favor as Noob can punish Cyrax's net with a teleport almost without effort. One of the many things Noob has to slow down the engine that is known as Cyrax.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Very informative thread/guide. I would like to say that the community appreciates this.
I would also like to add that I believe that Noob vs Cyrax is a 6-4 in Noob's favor as Noob can punish Cyrax's net with a teleport almost without effort. One of the many things Noob has to slow down the engine that is known as Cyrax.
tbh i have to disagree. Although u can punish his net with slam problem is u can't oki this bucket of bolts. Tiger jump is almost completely invincible on wakeup. You best bet is to back dash and throw a tackle at the right time but thts it. You have to play this matchup carefully imo. Minefields r annoying so are baited jumps....rrrgh LOL 5-5

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
great guide just made my account today but noob is my day one character and ive been to a few tournaments i met hitoshura at seasons beatings you wanted my noob saibot beadart necklace and just got in top twelve at frosty faustings .
i was wondering y had in the guide that the highest corner combo without meter is 41 i can get 42% jump punch 212 upk 212upk
12upk 12upk D3 f3 you have to do the D3 DF3 as a two in one. unless your not incuding jump punches then thts 42%.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yea, exactly. Just need to know what to do and you can pull it out. Why is Kabal so bad? IAGB?
Ive talked about this b4 in the matchup thread.

try 7-3 kabals favor bro. just as bad as raiden. idk what kabals u play but if its via netplay i wouldnt base charcters matchups over mk9 netplay.

kabal shuts down everything noob can do and since the patch noob has a harder time with kabal. Kabals only changes since the patch was the negation of his ability to block infinite with b1 and 4 i believe (dnt remember the exact 2 moves but w/e) Its harder to dash block low in now. I noticed it, reo notices it, cd jr is the one who pointed it out to me. SO trying to dash in block low to avoid iagb is a pain. You can try to upknee when he iagb so tht the projectile goes through the space between u and ur upkicking clone and dash in afterwards to get in closer and build meter simultaneously but its hard to get down

trying to tele slam iagb is retarded b/c recovery is WAY to quick on them. by the time u react to a iagb and try to tele slam hes already blocking, only time u catch him with a teleslam is either if the spam it and r like "herp derp were did he go!?" or if u somehow can see into the future like diago and yomi it.

regardless if u land it tele slam kabal can be a bad idea seeing how he can out pressure u in ever single way, even though telelsam give u + frame advantage on hit. u can try and pressure but when theres a hole in it or u try to set up noobs frame trap he will be like "lol nomad dash b/c i can still do it". like I said earlier okiing kabal is pointless bc its either saw or ex nomad dash.

I believe you can stuff normal nomad dash w/ b1 but any kabal player with half a brain sees tht shit coming and goes "SAW!!!!!"

what u can do is during nomad dash cancel pressure d3 upknee to get them away from u. Thats all noob can rlly do under kabal pressure. You get him in the corner and do ur standard bnbs but no reset or trying to stuff wakeups b/c ull fuck everything up and loose.