What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
Man, that costume in the first photo is just something else....He looks like a pissed off Nazgul!!! I've waited years to have him back, but I didn't expect him to look so cool.

Anyway, do we know for sure he doesn't have portals anymore?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm hoping nrs doesn't have the tournament variations in the shipped game and the day 1 patch is when we get them. Let us all know together.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The ghostball is a great fit for a rushdown variation in this game imo. By draining stamina, it disables air escape for the opponent and allows to go for long combos they could roll out of otherwise. From what we know, I think it compliments a rushdown style very well.
Yes I know that people just want to do 2 bar combos without having to think about breakaways but Noob needs some sort of alternate speed projectile to compliment the klones. If he already has air teleport in that variation he doesnt need dive kick klone to change his jump arc and grounded klones will occupy the space infront of him plenty. Hopefully this variation gets whatever spirit ball is to compliment the grounded klone specials

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Does anyone know what Spirit ball is in the tournament variation?
Someone said ghost ball is a slow mid unblockable projectile while spirit ball was a fast high blockable projectile. Both moves take away 1 offensive and 1 defensive meter. Ghost ball probably better for set ups and resets while spirit ball will be better in neutral and easier to combo into for more meter drain more often

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I think, given his tools so far, it looks like he will be a beast in the corner with potentially interesting set ups with the ball.

My question is, do you guys think his pressure will be good too or will it be another MK9 situation?

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Someone said ghost ball is a slow mid unblockable projectile while spirit ball was a fast high blockable projectile. Both moves take away 1 offensive and 1 defensive meter. Ghost ball probably better for set ups and resets while spirit ball will be better in neutral and easier to combo into for more meter drain more often
Thanks!! Im so torn between which variation to start with. Both looks so interesting.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Thanks!! Im so torn between which variation to start with. Both looks so interesting.
Yes I am really glad they ended up making a full MK9 Noob variation and then replacing sickle snag with sickle teleport in the other. Sickle snag was extremely boring to me. Sickle teleport will be fun for doing teleport set ups to appear behind people when they try to wake up

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Yes I am really glad they ended up making a full MK9 Noob variation and then replacing sickle snag with sickle teleport in the other. Sickle snag was extremely boring to me. Sickle teleport will be fun for doing teleport set ups to appear behind people when they try to wake up
100% Agree with this. I think universally sickle teleport got the bigger reaction during his reveal and with his regular teleport being a combo starter already in this variation it opens up his overall game more than just bigger damage on two meter combos.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Trash without sickle snag and tele pop up. Oh well, he’s prob still good, just won’t be in competitive variations. Characters that have variations enabling their combo extenders should be head and shoulders above the ones that got shafted out of them.

Trash without sickle snag and tele pop up. Oh well, he’s prob still good, just won’t be in competitive variations. Characters that have variations enabling their combo extenders should be head and shoulders above the ones that got shafted out of them.
he has tele pop up in one of his varations. No sickle snag is sad though. Kabal lost his aswell.

Frame data for one of Noob's variations (by TrulyAmiracle).

Edit: Should ghost ball not be in this variation? I am confused.
Apparanty we have the regular variations (like the beta) and the tournament variations. It's really strange i am not sure why they went this route. Maybe we will get another patch on release that will change this.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Apparanty we have the regular variations (like the beta) and the tournament variations.
What do you mean by "regular variations"?

By the way, I remember TrulyAmiracle mentioning that practice mode has no tournament variations so you have to set the appropriate moves manually. Ridiculous.

Dawg is Amplified Shadow Tackle unblockable.
I presume shadow tackle can only be amplified on hit, which makes the hit "unblockable". This is a silly and misleading piece of in-game data that NRS has utilized for a while in their games.

I am concerned about the frame data on the projectiles. They seem slow on start up with somewhat slow recovery frames. For example, shadow tackle is listed as starting in 24F and recovering at -15 on block. I wonder what "spirit ball" is like, though. Anyway, I should have access to the game by tomorrow afternoon so I can test all of these moves.

By the way, I remember TrulyAmiracle mentioning that practice mode has no tournament variations so you have to set the appropriate moves manually. Ridiculous.

I presume shadow tackle can only be amplified on hit, which makes the hit "unblockable". This is a silly and misleading piece of in-game data that NRS has utilized for a while in their games.

I am concerned about the frame data on the projectiles. They seem slow on start up with somewhat slow recovery frames. For example, shadow tackle is listed as starting in 24F and recovering at -15 on block. I wonder what "spirit ball" is like, though. Anyway, I should have access to the game by tomorrow afternoon so I can test all of these moves.
I figured as much, it would be too good to be true.

Anyhow, 24 frame start up does seem pretty slow. Noob's MK9 shadow was already 3/4 the way to full screen by that time.

It's basically a bunch half baked custom variations NRS slapped together. Some of them dont even have all 3 slots filled out. These presets are standard in all modes except tournament mode and ranked. So like you mentionend, if you want to train with tournament variations (which you will find in tournament mode) you have to set the appropriate tournament moves manually in training mode.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So like you mentionend, if you want to train with tournament variations (which you will find in tournament mode) you have to set the appropriate tournament moves manually in training mode.
That process sounds tedious. I hope NRS addresses this issue in the day 1 patch.

Whether you are supporter of preset or custom variations, NRS needs to get blown up for the way they managed this system. I will make sure to go on a rant whenever REO, Tom, and Zyphox record the next podcast.

I'm not too sure about Noob being one of the game's premier zoners in the same vein as Cetrion. She's got a whole bunch of tools to compliment her keepaway game. Noob is out here with a slow-startup unsafe mid tackle and a slow-startup unsafe halfscreen low slide. His close/medium/far Sickle overheads are nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand, his combo-heavy variation with Sickle Snag and and popup Teleport, and unblockable Ghostball seems waaaaaaaaaay more compelling.

Reactions: jmt
Status
Not open for further replies.