What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

C-Sword

Noob
So is everyone playing Seeing Double now? Is it worth sacrificing damage from Dark Sabbath for the slide and air teleport? I used to play Dark Sabbath and try to end my combos with B1, 1+3, Spirit Ball for a re-stand.

So is everyone playing Seeing Double now? Is it worth sacrificing damage from Dark Sabbath for the slide and air teleport? I used to play Dark Sabbath and try to end my combos with B1, 1+3, Spirit Ball for a re-stand.
Depends on the MUs, really. I see Seeing Double as more rushdown than Dark Sabbath. Dark Sabbath is also rushdown but if you're more confident and consistent with your footsies, then he's a nightmare to deal with. He has 2 variations that are equally good imo and you can choose depending on MUs.

I'm kinda like switching between DS and SD every week to get a feel of both and how they fare on certain MUs. For example, if I see a Liu Kang player doing space control with his fireballs, I can contest him better with DS than SD in that case. With DS's B3+Ghost ball you can make them respect your space.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yeah if they play zoning dark sabbath seems to cope a lot better . Against good players seeing double struggles fullscreen and they know it

C-Sword

Noob
I like seeing double because the combos are easy af for someone with crap execution like myself
I don't know man, I find his strongest midscreen combo (2, 1, 2, micro dash, F2, 2, 1, slide) to be hard. The 2, 1 at the end whiff sometimes.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
What buttons yall use for meaty on knockdown? Over 1000 games played with Noob and still can't do this worth a shit.
Been playing mostly Kollector the last month and when I recently went bacck to Noob I remembered why I had such a hard time using him.

I try meaty on wakeup? Their wakeup buttons either D2 KB my high starters, or beats whatever the heck I throw out (212, f21)
Using a character with a great tool then go back to a character without that tool really makes that deficiency stick out.

I can actually observe my opponent getting nervous and doing stupid shit on wakeup out of panic when I'm pressuring with Kollector in a way I never can accomplish with Noob.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
What buttons yall use for meaty on knockdown? Over 1000 games played with Noob and still can't do this worth a shit.
Been playing mostly Kollector the last month and when I recently went bacck to Noob I remembered why I had such a hard time using him.

I try meaty on wakeup? Their wakeup buttons either D2 KB my high starters, or beats whatever the heck I throw out (212, f21)
Using a character with a great tool then go back to a character without that tool really makes that deficiency stick out.

I can actually observe my opponent getting nervous and doing stupid shit on wakeup out of panic when I'm pressuring with Kollector in a way I never can accomplish with Noob.
d3

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike

Meaty 212 in the corner is noob's most basic option. It's THE autoshimmy he has and you can still catch people who try crossing you up immidiately.

Also what I started doing is immidiately d1 on oki if I'm close enough.

If you tag them with d1 when they're trying to jump out immidiately - you can easily convert into whatever you'd like. I'd recommend labbing for a conversion that works for you best.

If they try to delay wakeup the d1 whiffs but you have time to immidiately b1 or b1 into mb shadowslide.

Or just grab after d1.

Noob has good options on oki, no mixup, but options.

Zer0_h0ur

Meaty 212 in the corner is noob's most basic option. It's THE autoshimmy he has and you can still catch people who try crossing you up immidiately.

Also what I started doing is immidiately d1 on oki if I'm close enough.

If you tag them with d1 when they're trying to jump out immidiately - you can easily convert into whatever you'd like. I'd recommend labbing for a conversion that works for you best.

If they try to delay wakeup the d1 whiffs but you have time to immidiately b1 or b1 into mb shadowslide.

Or just grab after d1.

Noob has good options on oki, no mixup, but options.
Do you ever have people using wakeup buttons on you to counter that? When I play someone on kompetitive it's like they've labbed a quick wakeup string they go to when waking up against Noob and it at the very least will trade

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Do you ever have people using wakeup buttons on you to counter that? When I play someone on kompetitive it's like they've labbed a quick wakeup string they go to when waking up against Noob and it at the very least will trade
Of course they do. But then I play patiently and adapt accordingly to how they play. If someone is trigger happy with the wakeups I usually time the neutral jump punch/kick.

Also d1 oki helps with roll-happy people. You can grab them right after as a punish.

Edit: just realised you're talking about wakeup BUTTONS. I deal with those in a similar matter. If someone wakeup buttons this usually works. They wait for the oki d1 and then press - the recovery on d1 is quick enough they usually get beaten by b1.

Last edited:
So d3, d1 and b1 can be decent options in meaty. Sometimes I use d3 if they do U3 or u2 and b1 if I see them desperately mashing d2.

D4 is amazing too.

It anti-airs also since last patch and is a GIGANTIC plus on hit.
Aside as a good AA, how do you guys use D4? I've been told to be a lil' dirty with D4 by mashing other pokes randomly. If d4 comes out I can either B2, Throw or do 212, right?

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
Aside as a good AA, how do you guys use D4? I've been told to be a lil' dirty with D4 by mashing other pokes randomly. If d4 comes out I can either B2, Throw or do 212, right?
F22 is guaranteed from a certain range.

I mean... d4 is so plus on hit you can literally go get a coffee and it'd be still your turn.

Even b3 is guaranteed AFAIK.

Zer0_h0ur

Unless you're in the corner I think throw is a risk bc they get pushed back so much on hit

Thanks for the responses guys, guess I was trying to be too fancy. Back to the basics for sure.

So d3, d1 and b1 can be decent options in meaty. Sometimes I use d3 if they do U3 or u2 and b1 if I see them desperately mashing d2.
What situations do you find the opponent to be in good range/set up for U2/U3? I've been trying to use these more. Guess I telegraph 'em bc my opp always reacts

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
On Seeing Double, for example, I can maybe do D3+Slide mb to stay safe and catch them if they try to mash buttons on wake up?
I've always just used d3 and thats it.

It has the best success rate and allows me to be safe, take my turn if it hits, and recover if someone rolls the meaty to do b1 on their recovery.

Noobs Meaties are incredibly tight. b3 is actually really good in SD with slide, but i miss it alot :(