What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Yeah anyone that punishes b1 1+3 you gotta keep that in mind.

On a side note, I'm having ridiculous trouble canceling B1 into shadow slide for some reason. I sit there staring at my hands not getting why I can't do it.
Try doing it like this --> B1+F3 mb instead of the full input B1+bf3. I do it like this without problems so far.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
SonicFox just released a Noob tutorial. I think he's a little bit enamored with the character's potential and his strengths on paper but I really appreciate that he did it. He's always very enthusiastic in his guides almost as if he forgets breakers and wakeups are a thing and especially with Black Sabbath it might get so hard to get a launcher that sometimes it feels like they break out of your combos every time you get one.

That said he learned a wall combo on the fly with BS that I've never seen before, maybe somebody already found out about it but I've never seen it. He basically went "212, 3 into Spirit Ball, D1, B1,1+3, TeleAMP, B1,1+3, Tele" for 430 damage 1 bar.
Yeah anyone that punishes b1 1+3 you gotta keep that in mind.

On a side note, I'm having ridiculous trouble canceling B1 into shadow slide for some reason. I sit there staring at my hands not getting why I can't do it.
Yeah what plays 2mx said its actually super easy compared to poke cancels b1 f3 thats it 8)

Combo is known yeah.
It's not easy to find a characters weaknesses unless you play with him alot.
Like, he said that Sabbath doesn't use F22 much lolz
Didn't know about that combo, pretty cool.

Most of the time I resort to F22 for damage in Black Sabbath I'm sad because I wanted to be doing more damage and I'm probably using it because I'm out of options when the opponent knows how to block low and not press buttons after my pokes.

Sigh, Idk... After I played like a hundred league and KOTH matches with SD I feel trapped in a cage when I play Black Sabbath, I'm playing their game for the entire match. It was always like that but I guess I just didn't care. I do miss the combos a lot though.

Dante

Noob
Don't be afraid to use meter on tackle. It actually does good dmg now.

Idk man being able to whiff punish with f2/b3 is irreplaceable for me. I agree with sonicfox in that if you are good at spacing you should play Sabbath.

SD does feel alot easier to win with but I haven't rly played any good opponents.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero

Idk man being able to whiff punish with f2/b3 is irreplaceable for me. I agree with sonicfox in that if you are good at spacing you should play Sabbath.

SD does feel alot easier to win with but I haven't rly played any good opponents.
Since I open people up for a non breakaway able combo so rarely with DS I'm super liberal with my meter.
I even started rushing into knock down to bait a blocked wake up almost every time just so opponent uses meter

The thing is, I don't think how good the opponent is matters more to SD than it already does to BS. To me matchup knowledge matters the most (especially in KL) when you're doing some kind of gimmick (either a move or a very unique string). In SD you're just maximizing the same opportunities you get with BS when you land a F221 which is a lot. For the sake of testing, play Sabbath but focus on spacing and punishing with F221, count how many you got compared to how many launchers you got and compare the damage you'd get if you were playing SD.

If the opponent locked you out of every option Seeing Double has because he's good you're probably locked out of Black Sabbath strats by default. It's the same opportunity for landing damage except one variation does more and counts towards a KB, plus it has all the launching possibilities of BS.

To me it really feels like the mindset I have when I'm playing Kabal. Let them try to jump in or hit me with anything, I'll be stepping away and B12 they all they until they adapt.

Dante

Noob
Not true cause sd can't b3/f2 ex tele into combo as a punish.

Both variations do the same thing in terms of trying to make the opponent whiff. It's basically blocked f22/d3 back dash/walk f2/b3 whiff punish. On the offensive part there's the throw/212 mixup that actually favors Sabbath cause of restand.
I won't bank on the opponent getting hit by random slides after a string just because that's all the game has to offer. Good opponents shouldnt eat those in game theory optimal. Feels like saying "ryu can do the hadoken after cr. mk" if you know what I'm saying

Not true cause sd can't b3/f2 ex tele into combo as a punish.

Both variations do the same thing in terms of trying to make the opponent whiff. It's basically blocked f22/d3 back dash/walk f2/b3 whiff punish. On the offensive part there's the throw/212 mixup that actually favors Sabbath cause of restand.
I won't bank on the opponent getting hit by random slides after a string just because that's all the game has to offer. Good opponents shouldnt eat those in game theory optimal. Feels like saying "ryu can do the hadoken after cr. mk" if you know what I'm saying
I understand, your points makes sense. My argument against BS is the exact same as yours against SD. I won't bank on people pressing buttons to get a launcher all day, good opponents should lock the Noob player out of his options and when they do you feel completely exposed (at least I do) and when you finally manage to hit, say a B3 or F2 into tele, or any other launcher the guy breaks out of the combo.

Maybe you don't care that much about his opinion but I was talking with Toxin today on his stream and asked him directly how he feels about Seeing Double and he seems pretty positive that it's better than Black Sabbath for the reasons people have been posting here since the update. That obviously doesn't mean Black Sabbath got any worse. But I mean, he's basically the only recognizable Noob player that hasn't jump ship yet. Assuming Honeybee will focus way more on D'Vorah now.

If you have been having success with BS and never had a moment of despair because you only landed 2 full combos in 2 or 3 rounds, I'd say you should really keep using it because you'll wreck people with it's damage.

Dante

Noob
I understand, your points makes sense. My argument against BS is the exact same as yours against SD. I won't bank on people pressing buttons to get a launcher all day, good opponents should lock the Noob player out of his options and when they do you feel completely exposed (at least I do) and when you finally manage to hit, say a B3 or F2 into tele, or any other launcher the guy breaks out of the combo.

Maybe you don't care that much about his opinion but I was talking with Toxin today on his stream and asked him directly how he feels about Seeing Double and he seems pretty positive that it's better than Black Sabbath for the reasons people have been posting here since the update. That obviously doesn't mean Black Sabbath got any worse. But I mean, he's basically the only recognizable Noob player that hasn't jump ship yet. Assuming Honeybee will focus way more on D'Vorah now.

If you have been having success with BS and never had a moment of despair because you only landed 2 full combos in 2 or 3 rounds, I'd say you should really keep using it because you'll wreck people with it's damage.
Toxin is a better player than honeybee imo so I respect his opinion indeed.
I know what you mean, I do feel the same vs good players but im saying that sd should be just a honeymoon period. That being said I do hope I'm wrong, but even if I am this doesn't make the game any more interesting to me. I hope they do some quality changes add mechanics etc and do the great visuals and characters justice.

I am playing sd only so I should mention a few great points I see with it.

B1 ex slide is by far my favourite tool (but still lame we don't have the mid confirmable string by default)
Max range b3 slide is strong vs those that can't punish (like noob :p)

What's more important than an extra kb (tackle) is the fact that you can store it for last round and manage the insanely limited options the game offers on decision making. Like anti airing with db4 midscreen for shadow count makes some sense now.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
This.is (one reason) why we can't have nice things.

Clone vid

My guess is the clone ticked her hurtbox despite the lack of visible contract, which led to it teleporting to take her out of the air, but man getting smacked out of the air on a clean read due to faulty hitbox shit makes me saaaaalty.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
This.is (one reason) why we can't have nice things.

Clone vid

My guess is the clone ticked her hurtbox despite the lack of visible contract, which led to it teleporting to take her out of the air, but man getting smacked out of the air on a clean read due to faulty hitbox shit makes me saaaaalty.
Been like that since day 1. It's not as bad as Erron's stupid overhead flying kick, but I've snagged people like that plenty of times.
I'm totally okay with it seeing how my entire clone's body can go through liu kang's flying kick or sub zero's slide and not do shit.

I think it's bc like some speculated on this forum from the beginning, shadow tackle was originally planned to be an overhead. But I digress

fr stack

One of the only good things about running clone tbh . After a knock down and enforcing your spirit balls replacing it with backdash running clone . Snipes them from the air everytime

ManiacFGC

Button Masher Extraordinaire
YOOOO!!! Noob can convert 113 db4 grounded in the corner now . You can now do 113 db4 d1 d1 d1 113 bf2 in sabbath
And
113 db4 d1 d1 d1 113 bf3 in seeing double
Meterless boys
Stealth buff ftw!!!
I did this last week and i was like wtf he could NOT do that in the last patch. It's probably from the hitbox adjustments they made. But now we get that JUICY meterless damage as opposed to a 212 starter

Hey all, so I was watching Sonic's video about Noob and what was curious is that he classifies him as a rushdown character with zoning & spacing tools... What do you think? Surely I've been using him wrong all this time when I was doing strictly spacing with and got punished most of the time for it.

fr stack

Hey all, so I was watching Sonic's video about Noob and what was curious is that he classifies him as a rushdown character with zoning & spacing tools... What do you think? Surely I've been using him wrong all this time when I was doing strictly spacing with and got punished most of the time for it.
I gotta agree although i disagree with him being so high hes just doesnt have the projectiles that some of the top chars have my whole game is get to the corner and play from there which involves lots of rushing poke slide. poke amp slide. Poke.
Edit/ could u link me the vid please i havent seen it

I gotta agree although i disagree with him being so high hes just doesnt have the projectiles that some of the top chars have my whole game is get to the corner and play from there which involves lots of rushing poke slide. poke amp slide. Poke.
Edit/ could u link me the vid please i havent seen it
Here it is:

He said that he has "fast projectiles" for decent zoning, but they're more suitable for spacing rather than straight zoning. If it's like that then I agree him.

I think it's a momentum thing. I really feel like I'm playing rush down with Noob when I have the momentum but it's mostly spacing, especially after the Seeing Double buff. As a former Kabal main, Seeing Double F221 whiff punishing into Slide play style really reminds me of playing that character, but again, Kabal can also be a rush down character, especially if you have the momentum.

As for the zoning, I think he's overreacting. I don't think his zoning is any better than the characters with average zoning tools.

Anyone got tips for landing the B1 1+3 2 online? In practice mode I can land it with no problems, including its KB and simulating online delay. But for some reason in online the 2 never registers, missing the kb or a punish. I checked with different controllers and it behaves the same.

fr stack

Anyone got tips for landing the B1 1+3 2 online? In practice mode I can land it with no problems, including its KB and simulating online delay. But for some reason in online the 2 never registers, missing the kb or a punish. I checked with different controllers and it behaves the same.
Maybe try inputting b1 L1/LB 2 instead? Thats a weird one ive never had that issue and ive had lots of input issues

Maybe try inputting b1 L1/LB 2 instead? Thats a weird one ive never had that issue and ive had lots of input issues
I always done it with b1 L1 2, but for some reason if I cancel B1 L1 with slide, tackle or teleport it's no problem online. It only happens if I try to input 2 :/

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I always done it with b1 L1 2, but for some reason if I cancel B1 L1 with slide, tackle or teleport it's no problem online. It only happens if I try to input 2 :/
I want to say you could be inputting b1 and then dialing 1+3 multiple times (to make sure it comes out) which stops the 2 from coming out? look at a replay and turn on the option to view your inputs.