What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

In my opinion MK11 has serious trouble. The tournament variations are very boring. Noob Saibot can be very funny to play when you will give him few other moves. I just DON'T GET IT WHY NRS GAVE US CHANCE TO CUSTOM CHARACTERS AND THEN DON'T LET USE THEM. For me it's weird as fu...k.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
In my opinion MK11 has serious trouble. The tournament variations are very boring. Noob Saibot can be very funny to play when you will give him few other moves. I just DON'T GET IT WHY NRS GAVE US CHANCE TO CUSTOM CHARACTERS AND THEN DON'T LET USE THEM. For me it's weird as fu...k.
I keep getting so mopped left and right with Noob, after a ton of games this weekend if I can't get into a groove with him I might just start playing him with a custom variation.

So I just picked up Dark Sabbath variation, very fun character in my opinion. Has anyone got a game plan figured out yet? (Besides being a corner bully of course)

So far I get a kind of Atrocitus feel, f221 seems to be his main pressure string, with f22 being-5 I believe and f221 being -3, it's pretty safe and fun to fish for your opponent to press anything that's not a poke. B3 has really nice range and if you play neutral well it catches sooo many people.

I'm working with a zoning hybrid playstyle myself, bf1 and bf2 are good to throw full screen and bait them into moving in so I can apply pressure, I rarely use tele's due to them being unsafe, air teleport is only useful on a hard read or on a zoner better than you in my opinion.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Can someone please tell me why I can’t find “Dark Sabbath” variation in the preloaded tournament variations? All I have is Dead of night and total blackness. Is my copy missing something or is that an unlocks le variation?

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but f22 leaves you at a perfect distance for a b2 check on block. Even though f22 is -5 or thereabouts the pushback is perfect for a b2, I've found it handy to throw it in during a stagger

Last edited:

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Can someone please tell me why I can’t find “Dark Sabbath” variation in the preloaded tournament variations? All I have is Dead of night and total blackness. Is my copy missing something or is that an unlocks le variation?
Working as intended. The 2 default variations in training and towers aren't the tournament ones stupidly enough.
Go to kustomization, create a new variation, go to abilities, press square/x and should see a lost a presets. 2 will have the trophy cup next to them.
So we get to go in and make 2 variations manually for all chars if you want to practice tournament variations.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
I'm just starting to use Noob, I have two questions:

• what's the difference between Ghost and Spirit ball?
  • are the tournament variations viable all around or do they miss a lot of good stuff? And which is the best of the two?

• are the tournament variations viable all around or do they miss a lot of good stuff? And which is the best of the two?
One is unblockable, fast traveling, slow startup and, on hit, takes one bar of defensive and offensive meter. The other one is fast startup, slow(er) travel and doesnt take that much damage and doesnt take any meter. The good in the unblockable its that it can be set up for unblockable scenarios if the opponent doesnt tech the ground/delay wake up. The good in the blockable version its that its a good projectile to complement Noob's zoning + along with b1,1+3 can make for a very plus on hit restand, pratictly garantees a f2 afterwards.

The tournament variations are (mostly) viable imo, but they definitely are missing a lot of fun and good stuff. NRS needs to make the game kustomizable at competitive imo. The good variations they build, would still be used btw, some are really well thought out (I love searing rage Scorpion and Dark Sabbath Noob and would play those loadouts even with kustoms on). My personal favorite with Noob it's Dark Sabbath because not only does he have a better restand, but he can do more damage thanks to amplified teleport and his air scythe allows for good baits and mix ups in wake up (I posted a concept combo a few days ago in this tread btw).

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot

Spirit ball is slower but unblockable while ghost ball is faster but able to be blocked.

Dark Sabbath is the better of the two.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
One is unblockable, fast traveling, slow startup and, on hit, takes one bar of defensive and offensive meter. The other one is fast startup, slow(er) travel and doesnt take that much damage and doesnt take any meter. The good in the unblockable its that it can be set up for unblockable scenarios if the opponent doesnt tech the ground/delay wake up. The good in the blockable version its that its a good projectile to complement Noob's zoning + along with b1,1+3 can make for a very plus on hit restand, pratictly garantees a f2 afterwards.

The tournament variations are (mostly) viable imo, but they definitely are missing a lot of fun and good stuff. NRS needs to make the game kustomizable at competitive imo. The good variations they build, would still be used btw, some are really well thought out (I love searing rage Scorpion and Dark Sabbath Noob and would play those loadouts even with kustoms on). My personal favorite with Noob it's Dark Sabbath because not only does he have a better restand, but he can do more damage thanks to amplified teleport and his air scythe allows for good baits and mix ups in wake up (I posted a concept combo a few days ago in this tread btw).

Thanks for the answer. It's funny because I tried the two variations and the first one feels almost exactly like MK9 Noob, which was my co-main.

Anyway I'll give a try to the second one if you all say it's better.

xKMMx

Banned
Working as intended. The 2 default variations in training and towers aren't the tournament ones stupidly enough.
Go to kustomization, create a new variation, go to abilities, press square/x and should see a lost a presets. 2 will have the trophy cup next to them.
So we get to go in and make 2 variations manually for all chars if you want to practice tournament variations.
Wait.... so those presets are not the tourney variations? How the hell would we ever know that? And how would we know what move sets to use for tourney variations?

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
Wait.... so those presets are not the tourney variations? How the hell would we ever know that? And how would we know what move sets to use for tourney variations?

As he said, there's a trophy symbol next to the preset abilities. I know, it's dumb as hell but that's how it is.

xKMMx

Banned
Is this game just released unfinished or what?

TheGlow

Retired Noob
I just went through and did what he said. Thanks for the heads up by the way Glow. So NRS release led this shit like way unfinished I guess.
Before I knew about the preset area I was going into local tournament mode to see what was equipped and manually setting it up.
I cant count how many "tournament viable" Noob vids I've seen with sickle snag since it's in the other defaults misleading g you that its tournament.

ErmacMKX

Noob
Are you guys playing ranked of kasual? I always intended playing ranked but he doesn't seem nearly as fun without his default preset in practice mode.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Alright, after playing a bunch of sets against good randoms and my friend who is an amazing Johnny Cage player I'm starting to think Noob isn't as bad as we thought he was. I'm learning how to.use his normals for better spacing and punishing. His D3 is really good tool to interrupt and has nice range.

His back 3 is great to keep players humble and his Db4 is a great antiair.

I'm loving the character

BookBurning

Voidwards
Been having a really hard time catching anyone off guard with this character. As all have been saying his best strings for combo starting are highs and his only real low starter is the b3(1+3) which is super unsafe but does catch some people and I have been able to get good damage with it of death of a KB but since that’s thats only available once per game it’s kind of hard To rely on.

Hopefully NRS will give him some love and change F221 to a mid so Hebrew at least has a decent block string.
I don't generally try to open people up with Noob anyways, I usually focus on counter hitting and space control. If you get the chance though, then you got big damage. I'm fine with him not having the most superb rushdown game tbh.

Also, let me introduce you to the most godlike thing in the game.

B3 - Ghostball thing.

Unff

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
My general game plan (Dark Sabbath) is to get distance to start my zoning game. Bf1 on its own isn't all great, but that's what you want them to think. If you read the jump, upknee. If they duckwalk, shadow tackle. Frustrate them at a distance so that when they do get in, you still have great space control normals and any hit leads to 35% restands for 1 bar.

Also, stagger EVERYTHING. We may be safe, but plus frames on block are not our strong suit, and we aren't gonna be killing anyone with 50/50s. Use your block pressure to create distance and set up spacing to make things like b2 or b3xxbf1 safe. And don't be sleeping on the sickle teleport. If you have offensive bar it becomes a damn near 50/50 with amplify/throw