What's new

Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
What are the advantages of equipping overhead sickle toss?
Maybe its an online thing but it def catches a lot of people ducking the high forceball. slide with fast forceball is already very good. Sickle toss is just the gravy on top. Not sure if it actually is better than having the fast forceball, low slide, and the combo teleport but its just fun.

Maybe its an online thing but it def catches a lot of people ducking the high forceball. slide with fast forceball is already very good. Sickle toss is just the gravy on top. Not sure if it actually is better than having the fast forceball, low slide, and the combo teleport but its just fun.
When I mained Pitch Black, a lot of people tried to crouch block full screen and then I would throw out Sickle Toss and either combo into teleport or fatal blow. I caught so many ppl like that. So, it does have some surprise factors that reluctant opponents have to respect.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Can anyone help me out with a couple things as I try to pick up Noob? With legal customs, what is/are his optimal loadouts?
Well, shadow slide is a requirement because every string becomes safe on block.

Spirit ball is arguably also a requirement because of its traveling speed and damage.

For the third and final slot, you can equip the sickle toss for zoning, the aerial tele-slam for anti zoning, or the shadow portals for damage.

The sickle toss, as I have found out very recently, is one of those rare projectiles that counts as a physical attack, meaning that the move ignores projectile parries, reflects, absorptions, etc. The start up and recovery frames are anything but impressive, but the move serves its purpose as a full-screen mid attack, which Noob lacks. Amplified sickle toss guarantees a teleport on hit for 20% of damage, which is nice.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
The sickle toss, as I have found out very recently, is one of those rare projectiles that counts as a physical attack, meaning that the move ignores projectile parries, reflects, absorptions, etc. The start up and recovery frames are anything but impressive, but the move serves its purpose as a full-screen mid attack, which Noob lacks. Amplified sickle toss guarantees a teleport on hit for 20% of damage, which is nice.
Helps you get straight back in too. Will definitely experiment with this move a bit more when I have the time. I'm also considering a load out that has AMP tele, air tele and slide against characters that have a big reliance on low projectiles or projectiles that can easily low profile spirit ball. This allows every successful read on teleports to pay off big time and helps Noob even out the life lead. Do you think it would be viable? Or would you rather take the 16% and leave spirit ball in for restands in the corner?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Starting to think snag is better than tele overall. Whatever it is for me as a player, I tend to open up people with F2 when they have no meter, as opposed to B1 or S1.
Thinking of sticking with Slide, Snag, and ball

Tele remains necessary for crazy zoning jumping MU's to combine with air tele and reaction punishing zoning to get in.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Hello, Noob mains. Currently I play Kano, looking for a secondary. Wanna try Noob. What’s his bad MUs?
I think classically Shang is his worst MU. But as a rule of thumb Noob has pretty bad forward wave dashing so he’ll be generally weak against strong zoning. Although now with customs his bad MUs got a bit easier because you can pair air teleport with enhanced teleport for lots of reward for your teleport reads

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've got a question for all you Noob Saibot mains. I see every Noob player, including some of the highlest level Noobs, use the "optimal" kombo of 113~tp.amp-113~slide. However, I find you get much more damage and an easier conversion from swapping out the 113~slide for dash~f3-f221~slide. So, the entire thing is 113~tp.amp-dash-f3-f221~slide.

Am I missing something? The 2nd kombo seems much easier and does substantially more damage. They seem to provide near-identical oki since they both end in slide. What am I missing?

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I thought the optimal was 113 tele amp into another 113 (let 1st hit whiff) into b1 1+3 and then whatever? I know for sure at some point that did more damage than f3 into f221 into whatever.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I've got a question for all you Noob Saibot mains. I see every Noob player, including some of the highlest level Noobs, use the "optimal" kombo of 113~tp.amp-113~slide. However, I find you get much more damage and an easier conversion from swapping out the 113~slide for dash~f3-f221~slide. So, the entire thing is 113~tp.amp-dash-f3-f221~slide.

Am I missing something? The 2nd kombo seems much easier and does substantially more damage. They seem to provide near-identical oki since they both end in slide. What am I missing?
The most, MOST optimal is 113xxtp, 113 (first 1 whiffs), microdash, 113xxslide. But this also changes depending on hurtboxes (big/female+johnny cage have different).

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Did anyone ever figure out why Shadow Strike was ever allowed to exist?

Until the day I leave this Earth, I will wonder how that completely and incomparably useless move was not only rendered as an entire "On The List Of Special Moves" Special Moves, but cost an entire moveslot in order to equip, in spite of having literally no reason to exist when Shadow Slide was/is a thing.

What a beautifully designed and terribly thought out design.

Our friend(s) in the shadows.

(The End)

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Did anyone ever figure out why Shadow Strike was ever allowed to exist?

Until the day I leave this Earth, I will wonder how that completely and incomparably useless move was not only rendered as an entire "On The List Of Special Moves" Special Moves, but cost an entire moveslot in order to equip, in spite of having literally no reason to exist when Shadow Slide was/is a thing.

What a beautifully designed and terribly thought out design.

Our friend(s) in the shadows.

(The End)
Shadow Strike is important for brawler/hitconfirming Noob Saibot players because its his one and only meterless safe special.
It lets Noob save meter for his crazy damage combos when he doesn't have to use EX slide to keep his unsafe strings safe.