What's new

Noob Main getting bored looking for a deeper character

Every character feels like that, the game is not deep enough to last very long and i am already bored. Many feel similar too. B3 as a low starter, b1 as a launcher for some, f2 as advancing mid or some special properties etc etc. Noob was already a bit trickier to play, maybe miss bricks or sonya? At least they have cancels

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Being an HQT main on MKX I was hoping someone could maybe tell me about a character that has cancels and maybe a few more ways to mix up and opponent.
Any suggestions?
Every character feels like that, the game is not deep enough to last very long and i am already bored.
Give Liu Kang a try. Back on MKX I mained Cassie first and dropped her because 50/50’s bored me. Ended up maining Johnny. I find Liu Kang in MK11 plays very similarly. You have to use his huge arsenal of staggers to condition your opponent and play some pretty heavy mindgames. Almost every option is unsafe or can be beaten, but the point is to overwhelm them with what you could do to force a mistake. F4 is basically Johnny’s 11 string from MKX.

If you want a fuckload of depth, try Raiden. He’s got tele cancels, superman cancels, etc. And him being a bit weaker will force you to find tech. Seems fun, but too much for me rn. Just from what I’ve seen. Seems like a ton of work which may be what you’re looking for.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Geras
[/QUOT
Give Liu Kang a try. Back on MKX I mained Cassie first and dropped her because 50/50’s bored me. Ended up maining Johnny. I find Liu Kang in 11 plays very similarly. You have to use his huge arsenal of staggers to condition your opponent and play some pretty heavy mindgames. Almost every option is unsafe or can be beaten, but the point is to overwhelm them with what you could do to force a mistake. F4 is basically Johnny’s 11 from MKX.

If you want a fuckload of depth, try Raiden. He’s got tele cancels, superman cancels, etc. And him being a bit weaker will force you to find tech. Seems fun, but too much for me rn. Just from what I’ve seen. Seems like a ton of work which may be what you’re looking for.
Right on thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this game is boring already.

Wrath0594

thats the problem with this game. There are no deep characters
I disagree, check my comment above.
Who’s your main? I highly recommend trying Liu Kang or Raiden.

Skarlet, Johnny, and Kano offer similar levels of depth.

You want characters who are forced to rely on a large number of options rather than only a few. Explore the cast. I had the same feeling back on MKX until I found Johnny, so I get where you’re coming from.

Wrath0594

Right on thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this game is boring already.
Np. I play Johnny and Skarlet as well and they offer similar levels of depth. Johnny you can’t play into females because of hitbox bugs rn, so might not be worth if you want an all around new main. Skarlet is great if you want someone with zoning tools as welll as god tier normals, like a deeper Noob Saibot imo.

Kano could be a good choice too. I know he’s got tick grab setups and some interesting mixups.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
How much challenge you lookin' for?

A Little?
Try Johnny or Scorpion (viable and still strong but with weakness)

A Moderate Amount?
Try Kano or Kabal (good but risky)

Hard Mode?
Try Kotal or Shao (very heavily flawed and hard to play)

Wanna Torture Yourself?
Try D'Vorah (you will lose, and lose, and lose)
Johnny isn’t viable. Hitbox issues, high execution midscreen, too much throw dependent.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Kasual Mode is pretty fun. Ranked is boring because the tournament variations are balls
This is actually the one thing that's brought the game back around for me: just sitting in the chatroom whipping my Spaghetti at anyone who crosses my path. Because, as was said:

thats the problem with this game. There are no deep characters
The closest this game gets to deep deepity deep as far as complex would probably actually be 52 Pick Up Erron Black, because Power Of Gun stance.
There's no Dualist Liu or anyone of that weird "what does this button do?" sort in the roster.
Which is NOT to say the game isn't enjoyable, it definitely is. It's just a much more black and white meta.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
This is actually the one thing that's brought the game back around for me: just sitting in the chatroom whipping my Spaghetti at anyone who crosses my path. Because, as was said:

The closest this game gets would probably actually be 52 Pick Up Erron Black, because Power Of Gun stance.
There's no Dualist Liu or anyone of that weird "what does this button do?" sort in the roster.
Which is NOT to say the game isn't enjoyable, it definitely is.
Game is still young, give it time, variations and nerfs coming soon probly...ToT getting less generous l8ly

The closest this game gets to deep deepity deep as far as complex would probably actually be 52 Pick Up Erron Black, because Power Of Gun stance.
Which is NOT to say the game isn't enjoyable, it definitely is. It's just a much more black and white meta.
Even with classic moves, most the cast feel incomplete.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I disagree, check my comment above.
Who’s your main? I highly recommend trying Liu Kang or Raiden.

Skarlet, Johnny, and Kano offer similar levels of depth.

You want characters who are forced to rely on a large number of options rather than only a few. Explore the cast. I had the same feeling back on MKX until I found Johnny, so I get where you’re coming from.
Ive explored the whole cast and every single character feels limited/unfinished/dull compared to previous NRS games..

Don't get me wrong. I actually think the meta for the game is the best out of any nrs game but the characters themselves feel so tame and incomplete because of the tournament variations..

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Well..for an old man such as me I kinda enjoy having 90% of the tech global and only 10% char, that way I can play 4-5 chars without getting completely obliterated because I didn't grind tons with a single one :p

Wrath0594

Ive explored the whole cast and every single character feels limited/unfinished/dull compared to previous NRS games..

Don't get me wrong. I actually think the meta for the game is the best out of any nrs game but the characters themselves feel so tame and incomplete because of the tournament variations..
You’re going to have to explain to me how the characters I mentioned are shallow compared to MkX ones. I’ve given specifics. And I played Cassie, Johnny, Liu Kang, Takeda, and Goro in MkX for hundreds of hours, so you’ll have to explain to me where the MK11 characters fall short.

I think another important point people are missing is that we don’t have as many tools that just give free neutral compared to MkX. No free plus frames, and on the flipside no free armor. The neutral game is deeper than it’s been in a while imo.

Don’t get me wrong, looking forward to more variations or reworks. The MKX variations were far deeper, that I’ll give you. But I think calling the characters dull is disingenuous. Did you watch Summit of Time? I think comparing MKX to MK11 is like comparing Project M 3.0 to 3.5- they cut out all the jank is all and now we have a more skillfull game on the whole.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I honestly think Kotal's gameplay is very lacking, especially in the combos department. His gameplay in MKX was way more fun imo.