What's new

Noob Main getting bored looking for a deeper character

xKMMx

Banned
I've been a Noob main since launch and he is a ton of fun but feels really limited. Wondering if anyone that has dug into the cast more and tried a lot of characters can suggest anyone.
Being an HQT main on MKX I was hoping someone could maybe tell me about a character that has cancels and maybe a few more ways to mix up and opponent.
Any suggestions?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Jade, skarlet, Cetrion..kitana all have teleports, but probly less one dimensional. idk

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Well, since all the D'Vorah mains are playing Noob Saibot, maybe you can do the opposite and play D'Vorah?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
If you want cancels, Jacqui would be the way to go, as well as Kabal with the Nomad Dash cancels. If you're looking for high execution, try out Cassie.

I've been a Noob main since launch and he is a ton of fun but feels really limited. Wondering if anyone that has dug into the cast more and tried a lot of characters can suggest anyone.
Being an HQT main on MKX I was hoping someone could maybe tell me about a character that has cancels and maybe a few more ways to mix up and opponent.
Any suggestions?
Geras

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Not even worth trying online. Its so ridiculously timing specific to FB anything and the input window of 1 to 2 frames for the punish is ridiculously hard to hit online as well.
I could spend 8 hours a day in the lab learning to flawless block but then I'd have to quit my job and wouldn't get any matches in
I added a doge to my post you guys don't take it too seriously.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Any suggestions?
How much challenge you lookin' for?

A Little?
Try Johnny or Scorpion (viable and still strong but with weakness)

A Moderate Amount?
Try Kano or Kabal (good but risky)

Hard Mode?
Try Kotal or Shao (very heavily flawed and hard to play)

Wanna Torture Yourself?
Try D'Vorah (you will lose, and lose, and lose)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
How much challenge you lookin' for?

A Little?
Try Johnny or Scorpion (viable and still strong but with weakness)

A Moderate Amount?
Try Kano or Kabal (good but risky)

Hard Mode?
Try Kotal or Shao (very heavily flawed and hard to play)

Wanna Torture Yourself?
Try D'Vorah (you will lose, and lose, and lose)
What this guy said^

Kotal and Shao are so flawed you will be in practice every day trying to make bad design viable same with D'Vorah.

Love the game so don't get me wrong but none of these characters in MK11 have depth like MKX. Erron Black and Sonya have some hard inputs but very basic movesets. Erron has the following hard dial strings: 21212 ( can slide 2121-2 or input as 21-1-1+2) then he has F2121, B122, B2U4222 but other than that he is basic other than having Locked N Loaded gun stance in his 52 Card Pickup Tvariation.

Kabal is extremely easy to use.
Jacqui has cancels and gimicks to mess around with.

But Scorpion, SubZero, Sonya, Kitana, Kollector, Scarlet, Jade, are very bare bones.

I hope they add depth to certain Characters because I was like you in mkx, I used predator with his cancels when I got board of basic characters and used Cyrax of course with all of his traps and gimicky combo starters. I also like characters with more depth.

Kotal is actually fun just sucks right now but there is more to him than say Scorpion.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
If you like cancels you can have a look at mean streak kabal. They don‘t link into anything but It makes hitconfirming into ND super easy and on block you‘re 0 or slightly plus most of the time. Pressure with him is super fun