What's new

Noob Corner Combos, questions and setups

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
JIP b214 is bad because sometimes the opponent suddenly can block the 14 after b2. Think its character specific.

You cant imagine how much people get trolled because of f43 + shadow they dont see that coming
great info thanks

Whats the preferable strings off jip?

Madzin

FEAR ME!
For me its b1214 because if they block the b1 you can mix them up , but its the same with 212 the only thing that sucks about that is that the 1 of 212 can be ducket under and fully punished. Dont say this is the best string you have to use them all to confuse them.

One last question

I see Noob players showing no love for b214 , whats up w that? Whats the most preferable strings after JIP and and for pressure?

Also f4 3 (I think thats it) looks ridiculous and hopeless lol
For pressure I always like f33, b1, b121, 1, d1, d3 into reg up knee and 12 ex up knee. All this leaves you at advantage and opens up the throw mix ups. My favorite is the stealth when you stagger b1 and grab them. The shadow animation from b1 is still going on while noob gets sneaky. If they ever start respecting the up upknees and ex up knees (which they most likely won't) you can stagger and keep going.

Pig Of The Hut

For pressure I always like f33, b1, b121, 1, d1, d3 into reg up knee and 12 ex up knee. All this leaves you at advantage and opens up the throw mix ups. My favorite is the stealth when you stagger b1 and grab them. The shadow animation from b1 is still going on while noob gets sneaky. If they ever start respecting the up upknees and ex up knees (which they most likely won't) you can stagger and keep going.
Yea day 1 i started doing b1 and was like, yep that shit works lol

B1 is so sneaky

I was doing b1 throw and b1, d3 upknee

d3 d3 Shadow worked some too get them blocking low but feels so unsafe

I basically found upshadow makes every string safe and creates safe space

The problem with 212 isn't apparent of a jip since it leaves them standing. I almost always use 212 uk on block or 21 grab, etc. Sometimes I'll go for 2 and grab, also. B2 can also be used as a throw mix up. It's really ambiguous if you ever look at it.

I wish F4,3 was better. :(

Pig Of The Hut

The problem with 212 isn't apparent of a jip since it leaves them standing. I almost always use 212 uk on block or 21 grab, etc. Sometimes I'll go for 2 and grab, also. B2 can also be used as a throw mix up. It's really ambiguous if you ever look at it.

I wish F4,3 was better. :(
Are there any uses for f43? setups into it? It seems about as useful as kenshi u4

Yea day 1 i started doing b1 and was like, yep that shit works lol

B1 is so sneaky

I was doing b1 throw and b1, d3 upknee

d3 d3 Shadow worked some too get them blocking low but feels so unsafe

I basically found upshadow makes every string safe and creates safe space
Pretty much. Never thought of b1, d3, upknee. Very sneaky! Also look into ex shadow ball enders. For instance you can b121 ex shadow ball and one dash puts you in the range for a follow up b1214. Most people freeze up when you do this and you get on top of them for free.

ex; b121 ex shadow ball, dash, b121 up knee. The second part isn't a combo but it's pressure.

Pig Of The Hut

Pretty much. Never thought of b1, d3, upknee. Very sneaky! Also look into ex shadow ball enders. For instance you can b121 ex shadow ball and one dash puts you in the range for a follow up b1214. Most people freeze up when you do this and you get on top of them for free.

ex; b121 ex shadow ball, dash, b121 up knee. The second part isn't a combo but it's pressure.

Also after they respect b1 throw they will try jumping so d1 upshadow has worked a few times

My main probleM w nooB so far is opening the opponent up

It's a little tough to begin getting true damage against players w great defense

Are there any uses for f43? setups into it? It seems about as useful as kenshi u4
Swagswagswag.

Other than that, I occasionally try to throw it out as a long range footsie tool, but I do not believe I've had success with it, because it is so horribly slow. If you like throwing a portal out on block to see what you can do with it, F4,3 might be a good string to use because of its pushback. Literally the only thing I can think of right now.

Also after they respect b1 throw they will try jumping so d1 upshadow has worked a few times

It's a little tough to begin getting true damage against players w great defense
his dmg is also very low if they don't fall for the resets. I think his dmg all comes from the corner. Watching Madzin play clearly shows that in the corner if Noob just touches you he can juggle you all day in that corner.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
about the f43 string a noob player (cant remember his name rite now) put videos up about this basically after a portal hits u can do all sorts of f43 shenanigans .. i think the vid got deleted when tym went down maybe try youtube ??
dont wanna embarras meself by puttin up wrong info so i wont bother lol

about the f43 string a noob player (cant remember his name rite now) put videos up about this basically after a portal hits u can do all sorts of f43 shenanigans .. i think the vid got deleted when tym went down maybe try youtube ??
dont wanna embarras meself by puttin up wrong info so i wont bother lol
Nah, it was MaxIntensity, and the F4,3 portal set up is harder to get out of, because they can't tech roll it. They may just be able to jump out, though. Can't recall. He talked a lot about F4,3. Can't remember everything.

I know I also find it very difficult to first get my opponent to respect the upknee/throw mix up and even more tough to open them up for a combo. All I can suggest is to watch Madzin's video because he seemed to land combos every 3 seconds making it rain dead bodies from the sky and such. He's damn good to be able to pull that off, especially against who he was playing. Offline or not, those reads were split second reactions. Hell, I'd even say it's harder to make the read online that off.

Noobs footsies are pretty damn good
That long 11 frame punch
Full screen 50 50s
Standing 4 is huge and fast
His b1
Great d3 poke
And wide d1 good for cross up punish
Up knee being + 4 and +11 from full range
One of the longest reaching throws probably the longest
Has great AA

His rush down is completely underrated to. I have no idea what part of him makes him a zoner per say besides the community being free

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
My new main was voted to be Noob for a week so time to take him seriously

Whats his practical ones combos and setups ?

Im currently doing jip b214 ex up shadow, shadow , shadow, 12 ex up shadow, shadow, shadow, 12 straight shadow

Is close portal off of jip b214 up shadow, ex up shadow NJP plant, close portal any worth or gimmicks?

How viable is this 80%+ combo reset thingy? jip b214 far portal, throw shadow - repeat b214 far portal throw shadow 3x into ghost ball tele slam

They can always tech roll or armor right?

Standing 1 or 2 for aa?

Whats the good tech i remember about using 33 upshadow mixup stuff?
The meterless corner combo I usually go for is 212~upknee, 212~upknee, 12~upknee, 12~upknee. The starting string is all personal preference.
If you have a bar you can end with a ghostball, splat, or some kind of portal setup. You can also do portal, ghostball, and splat setups with no bar of course tho.

As for the close portal splat gimmick, it definitely has it's worth. It's all about getting your opponent to jump or do a wake up that can be block punished when you have them in the corner.

Portal setups are fun against those who don't know how to tech roll jump lol, but yeah most people will escape any midscreen portal setup you go for. So you gotta decide if you wanna go for the extra teleslam dmg or the potential portal reset.

Yes they can always tech roll or armor.

I prefer standing 2 over 1 for an aa.

Not sure what tech you are talking about with the 33 upshadow.

InFlames

dead
I saw that FGA Mono ended a lot of his corner combos with D3, Portal. After checking it out and trying it I would say its the best way to end a meterless combo.

InFlames

dead
Also the midscreen Blackhole trap is great. If they have a quick wake up that moves them forward(Slide, Red Kick, Dash,) instead of ending with far portal end with close portal and dash in front of them. If they wakeup they will fall. It's a good way to mix it up.