What's new

Noob Change Wishlist

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I don't really have an opinion on this except that the overhead tackle might make him a little bit too degenerate for my taste. I just wanted to say props for not suggesting b11+3 to be safe.

Dante

Noob
I don't really have an opinion on this except that the overhead tackle might make him a little bit too degenerate for my taste. I just wanted to say props for not suggesting b11+3 to be safe.
What's wrong with b11+3 being safe exactly?

Dante

Noob
It's not confirmable dude...
Pretty much every character in the game has a safe mid confirmable string. Noob doesn't.
We get a knockdown and don't have this must have valuable tool to apply pressure. With either char in the corner we get punished for a full combo.
Sounds very fun huh

Wetdoba

All too easy...
It's not confirmable dude...
Pretty much every character in the game has a safe mid confirmable string. Noob doesn't.
We get a knockdown and don't have this must have valuable tool to apply pressure. With either char in the corner we get punished for a full combo.
Sounds very fun huh
If it were safe it would be confirmable. Noobs not a pressure character so he doesnt need a safe confirmable 9 frame mid into damage, its that simple. If you want that play someone else, different characters have different tools. You should be glad he has a 9 frame mid at all.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Shit, you are for real

The combo is always b11+3 for good dmg.
You don't play immediate j3/4 port enough?
Gets you out of the corner for free.
Can air to air with j3 and confirm into ex sickle.
Can gap close and bait anti airs
Baits erron fb full screen into full combo

I'd never sacrifice this utility to snag/slides and would only consider air tele only if its paired with Portals.
Being able to cancel whiffed j3 into that is what makes the move good.
It is also good for saving yourself from bad jumps over fireballs or if they do a mb projectile and you would normally land on the 2nd mb hit now you are punishing them into a full combo. Im not sure why they dont connect the dots here. They are asking for air tele as a base with mb teleport into full combo yet this variation already has a mb tele into full combo except its a -9 mid with and empty version instead of always being a high and D2 KB punishable yet somehow it is a useless move?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
in this meta and characters

he needs either b3 or b1 to be safe.

He doesn't have a legit one hit meaty to pressure people on oki,

As for sickle toss

if people aren't punishing the HELL outta you for this, you're just playing against matchup knowledge.

I can't even use it against my training mates.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
in this meta and characters

he needs either b3 or b1 to be safe.

He doesn't have a legit one hit meaty to pressure people on oki,

As for sickle toss

if people aren't punishing the HELL outta you for this, you're just playing against matchup knowledge.

I can't even use it against my training mates.
The current meta is not relevant as there is a confirmed patch. He also has F4 as his safe meaty. Sickle toss is not a move to throw out raw, it is not suppose to be reborn scorpion. It allows him to punish projectiles from the air among other things already stated. You are not using the move correctly. Lets say you face baraka and you try to jump a fireball but he mbs it, instead of falling onto it now you are teleporting into a full combo PUNISH. Its not suppose to be a move you just throw out, why would noob or anyone ever have a safe launching teleport? You deserve to be blown up for not using it correctly, full stop.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The current meta is not relevant as there is a confirmed patch. He also has F4 as his safe meaty. Sickle toss is not a move to throw out raw, it is not suppose to be reborn scorpion. It allows him to punish projectiles from the air among other things already stated. You are not using the move correctly. Lets say you face baraka and you try to jump a fireball but he mbs it, instead of falling onto it now you are teleporting into a full combo PUNISH. Its not suppose to be a move you just throw out, why would noob or anyone ever have a safe launching teleport? You deserve to be blown up for not using it correctly, full stop.
I'm not using it raw dude.

this teleport is really bad. You get hit outta the animation all the time. It requires precise timing, which means you have to be either looking for a projectile to punish. And the launch combo depends on where the sickle lands... because it doesn't launch the same every time.

Bad move is bad.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'm not using it raw dude.

this teleport is really bad. You get hit outta the animation all the time. It requires precise timing, which means you have to be either looking for a projectile to punish. And the launch combo depends on where the sickle lands... because it doesn't launch the same every time.

Bad move is bad.
So what scenario are you getting hit out of it? Cus thats exactly what Im talking about, you are just throwing it out while they are not doing anything and getting punished for it as you should. But also as stated, if you use it at the correct times you will be punishing them, im sorry you have to know why you are using it and potentially make a read or have to use it on reaction? Also yes, welcome to fighting games, physical hits get effected by spacing and not everything is a capture animation.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So what scenario are you getting hit out of it? Cus thats exactly what Im talking about, you are just throwing it out while they are not doing anything and getting punished for it as you should. But also as stated, if you use it at the correct times you will be punishing them, im sorry you have to know why you are using it and potentially make a read or have to use it on reaction? Also yes, welcome to fighting games, physical hits get effected by spacing and not everything is a capture animation.
Its mostly on the same reads or reactions.... to a projectile or a fake out jump in.

His hitbox lingers in the air for forever. if they don't throw the projectile when you "need" them to, you lose. If they even move some... you lose.

His other teleport is essentially the same thing. I don't understand why there are two moves that do the same thing, with one being way worse. Both unsafe, both done in the air, and both lead to combo.

Dante

Noob
So there are points that I agree and disagree with both of you dudes which is healthy.

The major one, if you think mid confirmable strings aren't a must then you don't have a clue on how this shit game plays. We can't play the stagger game and we can't make pressure safely on fckin oki even when they got no bars. What I actually suggested is that they make our 3 a mid.
You can't say "do f4/d3/d4/b2" on oki when we risk so much for no reward at all. Meanwhile everyone has a scorp b14 a sub b32 a cassie f42 etc.

Second point is sickle Port. You don't use it to right next to them. At least not like an ape. The mobility it provides is very valuable. Give it more time and surely you'll see

Dante

Noob
Sickle Port is NOT worse than air tele. They serve very different purposes. Air tele excels at punishing only some projectiles for OK dmg. That's all.
Can't escape corner can't gap close can't combo after. It's also never ever safe

Sanjo

Noob
I use sickleport at the end of some combos like aa f3, b1 1+3 amp tele j3 sickleport. I sacrifice very little damage for immediate pressure as I land pointblank at very +.
Regarding b1 and b3, I really think they could be safer, -2 and -10. But the 1+3 has to remain as it is or Noob won't have any weakness, which is, IMO, bad for a fighting game. And that's why I also hope that the top tiers get nerfed heavily IN ONE ASPECT OF THEIR GAME to further define them and not have what we have right now, characters that are very good everywhere.
As a conclusion, I see Noob as a mid-range zoner/ whiff punisher... not a rush down character and what it implies (strong mid strings etc...)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I use sickleport at the end of some combos like aa f3, b1 1+3 amp tele j3 sickleport. I sacrifice very little damage for immediate pressure as I land pointblank at very +.
Regarding b1 and b3, I really think they could be safer, -2 and -10. But the 1+3 has to remain as it is or Noob won't have any weakness, which is, IMO, bad for a fighting game. And that's why I also hope that the top tiers get nerfed heavily IN ONE ASPECT OF THEIR GAME to further define them and not have what we have right now, characters that are very good everywhere.
As a conclusion, I see Noob as a mid-range zoner/ whiff punisher... not a rush down character and what it implies (strong mid strings etc...)
He has no meaty strings to utilize when he has Oki. That in itself is a huge weakness in this game. He actually has to commit to something to get a meaty and can be roll punished hard. Or U3 to stop it.
why would you do that... when you get better options off of the standing reset?

His strong Mid string doesn't allow him to stagger though. It pushes him into a safety range. He plays the same as he always would... he just doesn't get punished for taking his turn against like... 6 characters.

He already can't be punished normally by most of the cast... so why not just extend that out and let him be himself against everyone?

Dante

Noob
Dude it's the mothering Bi Han. He deserves to be top tier :p
All I'm saying is he needs a rewarding mid to play this shit game.

Sanjo

Noob
Because he won't be hi
He has no meaty strings to utilize when he has Oki. That in itself is a huge weakness in this game. He actually has to commit to something to get a meaty and can be roll punished hard. Or U3 to stop it.
why would you do that... when you get better options off of the standing reset?

His strong Mid string doesn't allow him to stagger though. It pushes him into a safety range. He plays the same as he always would... he just doesn't get punished for taking his turn against like... 6 characters.

He already can't be punished normally by most of the cast... so why not just extend that out and let him be himself against everyone?
Because he won't be himself, he will be everyone else.
Why not the reset you asked ?
  1. Corner carry
  2. Mix-up is different. After the reset, the opponent has an opportunity to interrupt me, not after the sickleport.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
F2 is his stagger string with 3 points to stagger and can be jailed into from d3 or d4. D3 on oki also extremely safe and if it hits its jail into 212 safe launcher no gap or random throw to set up the 5050 KB, if they roll you can recover in time to punish, if they delay you can also recover in time. His mids to meaty with that are safe are B2 and F4 as a safe low option. If you play dark sabbath youll just be restanding them after a bnb anyway. In the corner both can end their combo slightly early to end in up klone for a safe jump too so you can meaty jump kick. The reason he doesnt have staggerable safe mids is because hes suppose to he a zoner. Skarlet does not have a 9 frame mid but has a slower staggerable mid while Noob has the fast mid but its not staggerable.

Now i dont know about you but im fucking tired of seeing the same mid stagger game shit by half the cast which is why they should be buffing noobs zoning and not just turning him into every other snoozefest mid character. He still has the 9 frame mid to blow up staggers and shimmy with into the krushing blow on counter hit. Do you guys want him to be unique or not? If not just play someone else that already has the tools you want

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Because he won't be hi
Because he won't be himself, he will be everyone else.
Why not the reset you asked ?
  1. Corner carry
  2. Mix-up is different. After the reset, the opponent has an opportunity to interrupt me, not after the sickleport.
what are you doing after sickleport on oki that cannot be interrupted?
Are you simply mixing throw and a string to meaty?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
F2 is his stagger string with 3 points to stagger and can be jailed into from d3 or d4. D3 on oki also extremely safe and if it hits its jail into 212 safe launcher no gap or random throw to set up the 5050 KB, if they roll you can recover in time to punish, if they delay you can also recover in time. His mids to meaty with that are safe are B2 and F4 as a safe low option. If you play dark sabbath youll just be restanding them after a bnb anyway. In the corner both can end their combo slightly early to end in up klone for a safe jump too so you can meaty jump kick. The reason he doesnt have staggerable safe mids is because hes suppose to he a zoner. Skarlet does not have a 9 frame mid but has a slower staggerable mid while Noob has the fast mid but its not staggerable.

Now i dont know about you but im fucking tired of seeing the same mid stagger game shit by half the cast which is why they should be buffing noobs zoning and not just turning him into every other snoozefest mid character. He still has the 9 frame mid to blow up staggers and shimmy with into the krushing blow on counter hit. Do you guys want him to be unique or not? If not just play someone else that already has the tools you want
you guys keep saying "he is supposed to be a zoner"

he isn't. If he was... the shadow clone owuldn't disappear on trade. Both the mid and slide versoin do. He's not a zoner. He's whiff punishing and shimmy. Having b1 1+3 safe dosen'st change how he's currnetly played... at all. None. It wouldn't break him in the least. He can't follow up after it.
all his strings that would "continue" staggers are highs and require you to land a d3/d4/d1 ON HIT to jail. Other wise you die.

I do think they should buff the shadows for the "zoning" variation to make it more viable. I'd even go as far as to swap the teleports in the variations so that the zoning one can escape the corner once he gets there.

But there are already two very powerful zoners. Cetrion and Skarlet. If YOU want to play someone unique to that, maybe YOU should head there. That crap argument goes both ways.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
you guys keep saying "he is supposed to be a zoner"

he isn't. If he was... the shadow clone owuldn't disappear on trade. Both the mid and slide versoin do. He's not a zoner. He's whiff punishing and shimmy. Having b1 1+3 safe dosen'st change how he's currnetly played... at all. None. It wouldn't break him in the least. He can't follow up after it.
all his strings that would "continue" staggers are highs and require you to land a d3/d4/d1 ON HIT to jail. Other wise you die.

I do think they should buff the shadows for the "zoning" variation to make it more viable. I'd even go as far as to swap the teleports in the variations so that the zoning one can escape the corner once he gets there.

But there are already two very powerful zoners. Cetrion and Skarlet. If YOU want to play someone unique to that, maybe YOU should head there. That crap argument goes both ways.
No its quite simple that it does not go both ways because Noobs zoning would not be at all the same as skarlet or cetrion as i mentioned what made them different however when you ask for safe mid staggers those work exactly the same as others have. You are asking for the exact tools and frame data other characters have, I am asking for Noobs unique moves others do not have to be made better. Its not hard to follow hpw those requests are different

I would also learn the difference between the phrases "is a zoner" and "is suppose to be a zoner" because I said the latter yet your argument is based on me saying the former

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Agree and disagree with both takes.
Whatever NRS designed Noob to be before the release is irrelevant as we now all have an idea of how this game is supposed to work now that it's out.
It doesn't make sense that some characters can punish b1 1+3 and some can't. Just doesn't. It's literally his only spacing whiffing tool based off a mid. Just one. That doesn't make him a Cassie if it's safe it just mean's his turns over. The B1 based offense isn't his auto shimmy so it's fair if it's safe, a half decent player will know it's their turn on block anyways.
Sickle port is kind of worthless. Only good for stealing a turn and/or throwing on scrubs. And it's easy to get hit out of it before it even ports. Happens all the time. Maybe fix the hurt box on it or somethin.

Zer0_h0ur

If the post on reddit is accurate, we didn't really get shit.
Slight damage boost to shadow tackle, shadow slide SLOWER, d3 better hit advantage, slower recovery on block, d4 slower recovery, less hit stun.

Zer0_h0ur

So 212 shimmy game outta D3 got a boost, but D4 micro dash mind games off ghost ball reset got nerfed