What's new

No Sub-Zero in the Story trailer

SubZeroIce

Runway
Upon watching the Story trailer, I noticed the complete lack of Sub-Zero. He's the only revealed character that didn't make it.

Any guesses or theories?

My personal theory is that I think Frost killed him and/or they're waiting to reveal Noob to show him as well.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Frost can’t kill him. She failed in the original timeline and she might fail here. Unless NRS goes all Sindel style in MK9 killing everyone with one strike

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Frost can’t kill him. She failed in the original timeline and she might fail here. Unless NRS goes all Sindel style in MK9 killing everyone with one strike
Except she is allied with Kronika this time around. Which may have given her the edge she needed to defeat him.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Except she is allied with Kronika this time around. Which may have given her the edge she needed to defeat him.
Not one on one. All her followers were already beaten. Badly. But we can only guess. It’ll suck if she kills him although netherrealm can’t surprise me with their stupid writing anymore

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep NRS is saving him due to the plot involving Noob, so, to try to make a big impact shocking surprise inside the story mode .... fair point, since seems to be very interesting stuff they don't want to spoil now !

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I really don’t get invested in the stories in this game, but if Frost kills Sub I will rage

Dumb thot shouldn’t be able to beat him in any circumstance and his arc has been incredibly satisfying in the new timeline, going full circle from seeking vengeance for his brother, hunting and killing Sektor, to forgiving Scorpion and reforming the Lin Kuei to be better than ever. Would be a terrible way to ruin it.

Searsy82

Noob
My guess would be: Because of his portion of the story revolving around two currently unannounced characters (Frost/Noob)

Cyrax and Sektor are dead, and after being smacked down by subby in MKX, she goes rogue and gets cyberized. Sub and Noob team up and so on and so forth.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
NRS hates sub zero.

Always fucked over in cinematics (fatals, brutals, xrays, etc)
No iconic clone.
Very Bland Moveset compared to other revealed characters.
Shitty default skin compared to every other iteration of Sub minus shredder.

#fuckfrost

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
NRS hates sub zero.

Always fucked over in cinematics (fatals, brutals, xrays, etc)
No iconic clone.
Very Bland Moveset compared to other revealed characters.
Shitty default skin compared to every other iteration of Sub minus shredder.

#fuckfrost
I think no clone will be better for his health competitively

Agree about bland looking moveset, he will still be one of my day 1 characters though so I hope I’m proven wrong. Maybe he’s more fun than he looks.

They’ve actually been treating him well in the story I think, he was the biggest badass in the comics, he ripped Kano’s fucking eye out, killed Sektor and an army of cyber ninjas without breaking a sweat, beat the shit out of Scorpion and Takeda at the same time and only lost the fight when he refused to fight back. Scorpion even inderectly admits to Takeda that he feels confident in fighting Sub-Zero because he now has Takeda for backup.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I think no clone will be better for his health competitively

Agree about bland looking moveset, he will still be one of my day 1 characters though so I hope I’m proven wrong. Maybe he’s more fun than he looks.

They’ve actually been treating him well in the story I think, he was the biggest badass in the comics, he ripped Kano’s fucking eye out, killed Sektor and an army of cyber ninjas without breaking a sweat, beat the shit out of Scorpion and Takeda at the same time and only lost the fight when he refused to fight back. Scorpion even inderectly admits to Takeda that he feels confident in fighting Sub-Zero because he now has Takeda for backup.
Shhh.

This ruins my narrative. I need it so I don't play him in mk11.

Boon is team shirai ryu and scorpion, thus NRS hates sub zero.