What's new

NO MORE FREE CANCELS

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You don't even need to whiff punish it though. She's -7 after it, so if you block it, it's your turn. 11F mid, low poke into pressure, throw, whatever your character has. It's a safe way for Jacqui to get in, but she gives up her turn. From the range it comes out you're probably already ducking anyways, so it's not like you'd need to worry about the low/OH mixup, you can just block low.

I'm certainly not trying to downplay her, right now she's easily a top 5, probably even top 3 character in the game at the moment, but I don't think she's game-breakingly good. I don't think she's unfair.

She's definitely in the top 5 conversation. I don't think she's busted but She is super annoying.

I don't hate Jacqui. I actually like her new look and her second variation. Your profile pic is the look I use for her.

I just hate her cancels and am salty she got the dash punch. lol

However, to your point... Johnny still has his nut punch. Whilst Cassie has her own flair on it with it being a nut kick. Jacqui straight up stole dash punch and jax got a replacement (which is actually pretty good thanks to the ex version... but still it just feels weird.
Alright I see your point however, that doesn’t mean she weakened her father. Jax still has a great toolset and can still win the MU against his daughter. NRS gave Jax an alternate version of his dash punch that is still viable especially in the Ex version like you said. Plus he kind of still has it in his FB when it starts up. Not sure why people are sleeping on him though. Btw Gunshow has an incredible Jax.

To calm the Jacqui hate brigade down and the folks whom are frustrated with any MU against her, here’s a video by Shujinkydink on how to beat her. I hope this video relieved any of your frustrations with beating this character. If not then all I can tell you is to practice the MU and Study and read your opponent's patterns of how they play Jacqui. Not all players play Jacqui the same.

Nutz

Noob
Fuck off. Yeah, they owe us a fucking patch.

Companies owe their consumers for sub par products that have already been purchased.

This isn’t dlc. The meta has been thoroughly fleshed out Andrew free cancels on too of noob Saibot level damage breaks thins character.

You’re part of the dick riding problem.
Lol @ thoroughly fleshed out meta barely 2 months in

xKMMx

Banned
Everybody needs to stop defending the lamest character from mkx.

The free cancels are going to be removed.

The character has no visual meter flash like everyone else’s who uses them.

I don’t care what you scubs say. This is complete nonsense. Spend meter to make yourself safe. She can already get in for free. This is objectively worse than anything scorpion can do.
Yea but Scorpion is a D-bag lmao. In all seriousness its pretty easy to just poke her during her cancel

kingjack21

When's Mahvel
Kabal, Liu, and raiden can cancel normals? No. they are canceling specials.. HUGE difference.
Lmaooooooo dude. Its even worse that she's cancelling normals because if they hit, you can special cancel into full combo. Some characters only cancel specials that don't even start combos

kingjack21

When's Mahvel
Seriously tho the cancel isn’t the problem, it’s the 9f advancing mid that has a shitload of options attached to it that is.
The problem IMO is that she has ALL those tools with her. Looking at them separately is meh whatever. She has good buttons, okay cool.
She has high damage, okay cool.
She has meterless cancels, okay whatever.

BUT....
She has huge damage, good buttons AND meterless cancels... WHADAFOOK

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
This is one of the scrubbiest threads I have seen :confused:

Good grief.

Asking for reasonable nerfs is fine, but “Let’s completely ruin the character/variation because I don’t like their gameplan” is just silly.
These are the types of threads that always scare me. I have in the back of my mind that if too many casual players request something, there’s a chance NRS may listen. I’m praying for reasonable nerfs and buffs to the entire cast, without anyone getting plowed into the ground. Jacqui isn’t even my main, and I feel most of the nerf requests in this thread miss the mark completely.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
This is one of the scrubbiest threads I have seen :confused:

Good grief.

Asking for reasonable nerfs is fine, but “Let’s completely ruin the character/variation because I don’t like their gameplan” is just silly.
That’s literally the response to every good character. And even more so if the character is used a lot. Aka Jacqui, Geras, Scorpion, etc. Characters that are very good but aren’t used so widely, like Sonya for instance, don’t get nearly the amount of complaints.

That’s literally the response to every good character. And even more so if the character is used a lot. Aka Jacqui, Geras, Scorpion, etc. Characters that are very good but aren’t used so widely, like Sonya for instance, don’t get nearly the amount of complaints.
Ranked is plagued with Sonyas wtf. Every match is Sonya/scorpion and a random subzero or geras.

“Jacqui has no fullscreen presence” and we’re yet to see a half decent Jacqui get zoned out in tournament lol. She is never out so she doesn’t need fullscreen presence at all.

Her pressure is way too strong, she needs to be more - on her stuff. There are chatacters in this game who have decent pressure without needing -2 staggerable and cancelable advancing mids, halfscreen normals, 35% + conversions on every touch, etc.
No one liked jacqui in mkx and for whatever reason, NRS reallllly wanted to push this character hard. They made her very strong so people will use her and spent 90% of the kotal jacqui reveal just showing off jacquis shit and having kotal being a punching bag

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Friendly Warning: anybody who’s intent on turning this (or any other gameplay thread) into another Jacqui personality/character/voice hate thread will be swiftly regulated by the mods. Talk about the gameplay, not your biases and style dislikes.

I haven't read most of this thread, but I'll chime in and say that I do think Jaqui needs adjustments. Personally, I don't like character designs like hers (1st variation), because I find them boring to watch, unenjoyable to fight against, and dull to play because of the lack of mental fortitude and strategy required to play balls-to-the-wall rushdown. But that said, I don't think the character itself is the problem. I think the neutral-focused design of MK11 is the issue (even though I really like that design). NRS went really far in limiting the neutral-controlling tools of characters this time. There are a few decent projectiles in the game but, at least in tournament mode, real space-control moves that force you to think before advancing are almost non-existent. That's not necessarily a problem when it comes to a character like Baraka or Noob Saibot, who have good tools but also have to think about how to apply them. But Jaqui's not like that. Her strongest tools are pretty much autopilot-mode. And since her opponent is unlikely to have any autopilot moves to slow her down, that means they're having to think about how to formulate a strong defense while she just has to have the muscle memory to apply a strong offense. It's an unbalanced equation.

TL;DR: Balancing her first variation requires some combination of the following three things:
  1. Reduce the advantages of her offense (e.g., frames, damage, etc.)
  2. Increase the risk (e.g., easier punishes, easier interrupts, etc.)
  3. Force her to think more about her offense (e.g., make it more resource intensive, space-dependent, etc.)
Number three is the most important.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I haven't read most of this thread, but I'll chime in and say that I do think Jaqui needs adjustments. Personally, I don't like character designs like hers (1st variation), because I find them boring to watch, unenjoyable to fight against, and dull to play because of the lack of mental fortitude and strategy required to play balls-to-the-wall rushdown. But that said, I don't think the character itself is the problem. I think the neutral-focused design of MK11 is the issue (even though I really like that design). NRS went really far in limiting the neutral-controlling tools of characters this time. There are a few decent projectiles in the game but, at least in tournament mode, real space-control moves that force you to think before advancing are almost non-existent. That's not necessarily a problem when it comes to a character like Baraka or Noob Saibot, who have good tools but also have to think about how to apply them. But Jaqui's not like that. Her strongest tools are pretty much autopilot-mode. And since her opponent is unlikely to have any autopilot moves to slow her down, that means they're having to think about how to formulate a strong defense while she just has to have the muscle memory to apply a strong offense. It's an unbalanced equation.

TL;DR: Balancing her first variation requires some combination of the following three things:
  1. Reduce the advantages of her offense (e.g., frames, damage, etc.)
  2. Increase the risk (e.g., easier punishes, easier interrupts, etc.)
  3. Force her to think more about her offense (e.g., make it more resource intensive, space-dependent, etc.)
Number three is the most important.
I haven’t seen any autopilot Jacquis actually be successful, though. Can you name one? The only people who are successful with her are essentially the best players in the game — the people who are thinking and adapting the most.

I could entertain an argument for her being super strong, but ‘autopilot’ is exactly the opposite of what makes her good.