What's new

NO MORE FREE CANCELS

Sagat guest character when

But fr her moveset and animations are the only reason I started playing her bc I practice muay thai irl, and I hated her in mkx
But why take the playstyle away from her? I mean its fits her character. According to the MKX comics she’s a kickboxing champ that was train by her dad and the military. So Muay Thai thing makes a sense and adds more flavor to her gameplay in comparison to how she played in MKX. A good example of this is her (danger zone) 33 counter punish move, I don’t think she had any move like that in MKX.

haketh

Noob
NRS never had good communication.

But yeah, cancels cost meter, and are typically negative. I don't see why hers should be different. F3 is literally one of the best buttons in the game and it leads to ginormous damage.
Because it's fine for some characters to break the norm, the way her cancels are designed it's fine for them not to cost meter. It creates a unique playstlyle in context of the game.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Just reduce her damage problem solved. Damage rewards should be in relation to how hard it is to open people up. Noob gets loads of damage because he has to outfootsie the opponent, there's no fancy frame traps, his main mid is punishable. Jacqui has no problems opening people up and as such she should not have Noob Saibot damage. Keep her KB's, keep her frames. Make her work for the damage like her daddy.

She gets 300 meterless of an anti air - that's insane

MAN0

DevilApes
Stop whining about Jacqui and learn the mu, it's not hard to interrupt her pressure and don't forget she doesn't have projectiles or any mixups besides her 27f b1.

She belongs in the higher tier list be she's far from broken.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Here we go again another tym nerf this cause I can't beat it thread.If it was up to some of you guys there wouldnt be any good characters in this game.(except for whoever you main ofc)Only thing NRS needs to address really is multiple characters KB requirements and the hitbox issues and some slight character adjustments nothing major.As for Jacqui she is fine shes just a good character shes doesnt have anything thats broken or disrupts the neutral in this game.There are ways around her tools but instead of labbing it you're wasting your time with threads like this.So typical man

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I will say that her 9f advancing mid, f3, is the best move in the game FREE. She can f3 into cancel. f31 into 30%+ on hit. f31 safe on block. Can go into f3 cancel, f3. f31 to blow up opponent trying to punish f3 cancel. Can go into f314 to blow up opponent trying to pressure after blocking f31. And also can f3 cancel into throw.

She has all these options off of a 9f advancing mid. That’s pretty OD. And yes, Jacqui is 1 of the 3 characters I main.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
It’s gotten to the point where this character makes me not want to play the game anymore.

Thins company has been ass with communicating with its customers. No sign Of a patch dropping any time soon.

Nobody cares about birthday shoutouts or those two idiots competing for a belt? Seriously ?

Just communicate with us. And tell us when you’re specifically rolling out patches/ updates/ a features that keeps getting reset.

I’m happy to boycott the online at this point after they blatantly lied to us about lag, but most people wouldn’t dream of finding something else we to do to force their hand.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It’s gotten to the point where this character makes me not want to play the game anymore.

Thins company has been ass with communicating with its customers. No sign Of a patch dropping any time soon.

Nobody cares about birthday shoutouts or those two idiots competing for a belt? Seriously ?

Just communicate with us. And tell us when you’re specifically rolling out patches/ updates/ a features that keeps getting reset.

I’m happy to boycott the online at this point after they blatantly lied to us about lag, but most people wouldn’t dream of finding something else we to do to force their hand.
I mean, there’s not much to tell you other than get good and learn to take your turn.

NRS don’t “owe” you a balance patch. There’s nothing in this game that is outright broken (barring the online).

Oh please use her against jade Cassie cetrion or skarlet and then tell me how braindead and free she is. Duh, there are matchups in this game that are heavily in her favor, and unfortunately, upclose gameplay is what she does best so unless you play a heavy zoning or spacing character on her, you need to be careful or your gonna have a bad time. Get over it and use her bad MU’s for Christ’s sake. The characters above are absolute nightmares for me to deal with as a jacqui player and it’s a serious struggle every time. I’d bet you would never have the patience to use her against most of the cast.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
I mean, there’s not much to tell you other than get good and learn to take your turn.

NRS don’t “owe” you a balance patch. There’s nothing in this game that is outright broken (barring the online).
Fuck off. Yeah, they owe us a fucking patch.

Companies owe their consumers for sub par products that have already been purchased.

This isn’t dlc. The meta has been thoroughly fleshed out Andrew free cancels on too of noob Saibot level damage breaks thins character.

You’re part of the dick riding problem.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings

Companies owe their consumers for sub par products that have already been purchased.

This isn’t dlc. The meta has been thoroughly fleshed out Andrew free cancels on too of noob Saibot level damage breaks thins character.

They owe you fucking NOTHING!!!!! How entiteled can one be?

Learn the freaking matchup! Learn how to duck and D2KB her dash-punsh. Learn how to do wakeup.

Jeez, all you do is complain and complain and then complain a bit more…… On the ignore list you go

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

I mean, it’s not sub par. Balance in this game is pretty friggen good, as evidenced by the fact that people’s “tier lists” seem to be continuously shifting.

It’s not my fault, nor NRS’, that you can’t s1 in an 11 frame gap.

Get gud mate.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
I will say that her 9f advancing mid, f3, is the best move in the game FREE. She can f3 into cancel. f31 into 30%+ on hit. f31 safe on block. Can go into f3 cancel, f3. f31 to blow up opponent trying to punish f3 cancel. Can go into f314 to blow up opponent trying to pressure after blocking f31. And also can f3 cancel into throw.

She has all these options off of a 9f advancing mid. That’s pretty OD. And yes, Jacqui is 1 of the 3 characters I main.
I agree, and her F3 is why I picked her up. I started as a Noob main, then a Frost main, and I was sick of not having a good mid to punish with (I know you can punish with highs, but I'm not a pro player, so the safety against neutral ducking helps). I'm not sure what I would do if they nerfed this, as for me personally, would change the reason I'm playing her.

I'm new to the convo, but some of the nerfs I see requested in this thread seem very unnecessary. People comparing spending a bar for cancelling unsafe moves, to Jacqui should spend a bar to cancel safe combo strings blows my mind. I like your standpoint and respect the attempts to shut the unnecessary requests down.

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax

This is the worst message I've ever seen on here, and hope it isn't a reflection of what this place is like now.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
^ This is why I made my thread for Jacqui since this one is turning into a NERF JACQUI thread lolz. Not to mention, theres another thread under her name discussing her (MU) match ups if anyone has trouble against her or her vs the rest of the cast smh. Yep like I stated before, people treat this character like she LITERALLY really killed or hurt one of their family members or something.
She did hurt someone.

She stole dash punch from Jax. That bitch.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
HIRE THIS MAN

Each time I see them laughing and not giving a shit after the hork of crap they sold in the cage kombat cast with fake information i feel like smashing the screen <3

She did hurt someone.

She stole dash punch from Jax. That bitch.
Okay, you Jacqui haters need to chill secondly, Jacqui is Jax’s family so of course she inhered (not steal) the dash punch like her father just like Cassie inhered the green powers like her dad.
nerf this stupid sjw-bitch to the ground: her cancels is most stupid thing in the game, what a disgusting design
WTF???!! Jacqui isn’t a SJW cut that BS out. Hell, she’s not as nearly as “woke” as her father but I guess to you the Briggs family in this game must means SJW=anti-white smh... Can we please stay on topic and keep the political rants out of it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Okay, you Jacqui haters need to chill secondly, Jacqui is Jax’s family so of course she inhered (not steal) the dash punch like her father just like Cassie inhered the green powers like her dad.
I don't hate Jacqui. I actually like her new look and her second variation. Your profile pic is the look I use for her.

I just hate her cancels and am salty she got the dash punch. lol

However, to your point... Johnny still has his nut punch. Whilst Cassie has her own flair on it with it being a nut kick. Jacqui straight up stole dash punch and jax got a replacement (which is actually pretty good thanks to the ex version... but still it just feels weird.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
She doesn’t have a long rang game and she doesn’t have OH/Low mixups. This is why her cancels do not cost meter. Her cancels are the only way she can open you up. Otherwise she has to whiff punish and block punish.
The overhead doesn’t lead to anything and has 27 frames of startup and it’s -10 on block. You should always be blocking low and react to the overhead. But no Jacqui is gonna go for her overhead because it’s pretty useless outside of maybe oki.

Her pressure isn’t plus, it’s just safe. Since she doesn’t have an OH/low mix or options full screen, her pressure needs to be good. But once you block f31 or f3 cancel, it’s your turn.

b2 is -10 and b22 is -7. b22 is technically safe but all it does is help her get in, which she desperately needs. Once you block it’s your turn. And if you actually play the MU correctly and properly space her out, you can whiff punish the b22 before the second 2 comes out.

Her second variation doesn’t have the cancels, so not sure why that was mentioned.

Lab more, complain less.
Gap.

High.

Next.

Downplay

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Show me footage of you whiff punishing the b22 before the second hit comes out 10/10 times in a real match.
You don't even need to whiff punish it though. She's -7 after it, so if you block it, it's your turn. 11F mid, low poke into pressure, throw, whatever your character has. It's a safe way for Jacqui to get in, but she gives up her turn. From the range it comes out you're probably already ducking anyways, so it's not like you'd need to worry about the low/OH mixup, you can just block low.

I'm certainly not trying to downplay her, right now she's easily a top 5, probably even top 3 character in the game at the moment, but I don't think she's game-breakingly good. I don't think she's unfair.