What's new

NO MORE FREE CANCELS

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Let's stir up some shit.

This net code and the free cancels this character has. Fuck this shit.

Oh, and before you say she's negative on her cancels.

Kabal is negative on over half of his cancels as well.

-2 may as well be plus with this character.

Make this bitch spend meter.

She doesn’t have a long rang game and she doesn’t have OH/Low mixups. This is why her cancels do not cost meter. Her cancels are the only way she can open you up. Otherwise she has to whiff punish and block punish.
that is false , she has plus pressure and an overhead and a low . plus she can throw and she has kb on throws also she can counter tech. she gets in with b22 really easly. she also have a varation with unblockable projectiles. i 100% agree with OP

kingjack21

When's Mahvel
that is false , she has plus pressure and an overhead and a low . plus she can throw and she has kb on throws also she can counter tech. she gets in with b22 really easly. she also have a varation with unblockable projectiles. i 100% agree with OP
Lol. other characters cancel for defensive bar to be at -8 LMAOOO Jacqui does -2 for free. That's really really really dumb

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
She doesn’t have a long rang game and she doesn’t have OH/Low mixups. This is why her cancels do not cost meter. Her cancels are the only way she can open you up. Otherwise she has to whiff punish and block punish.
Honestly Juggs I agree with a lot of what you say, but this character can stagger your without cancels. She's also super easy to play. This is not some MKX run cancel beast. There's simply no reason she out to be able to cancel for free. If you can longer cancel for free, she won't have breakaway always available. When you land a hit on her, it should hurt big time.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The overhead doesn’t lead to anything and has 27 frames of startup and it’s -10 on block. You should always be blocking low and react to the overhead. But no Jacqui is gonna go for her overhead because it’s pretty useless outside of maybe oki.

Her pressure isn’t plus, it’s just safe. Since she doesn’t have an OH/low mix or options full screen, her pressure needs to be good. But once you block f31 or f3 cancel, it’s your turn. But it definitely is hard to interrupt, not disagreeing there. Her f3 has A LOT of utility and versatility attached to it.

b2 is -10 and b22 is -7. b22 is technically safe but all it does is help her get in, which she desperately needs. Once you block it’s your turn. And if you actually play the MU correctly and properly space her out, you can whiff punish the b22 before the second 2 comes out. There’s also tech where you can cover both options (b22 and dash punch) that I’ve been working on, it’s actually pretty dope.

Her second variation doesn’t have the cancels, so not sure why that was mentioned. New Gen is good and fun tho, just not as strong as V1. Not having the cancels is a huge disadvantage when comparing the variations.

Lab more, complain less. I know that sounds dismissive or maybe even callous, but it tends to be a predictable pattern. Instead of extensive labbing, it’s much easier to just complain.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The overhead doesn’t lead to anything and has 27 frames of startup and it’s -10 on block. You should always be blocking low and react to the overhead. But no Jacqui is gonna go for her overhead because it’s pretty useless outside of maybe oki.

Her pressure isn’t plus, it’s just safe. Since she doesn’t have an OH/low mix or options full screen, her pressure needs to be good. But once you block f31 or f3 cancel, it’s your turn.

b2 is -10 and b22 is -7. b22 is technically safe but all it does is help her get in, which she desperately needs. Once you block it’s your turn. And if you actually play the MU correctly and properly space her out, you can whiff punish the b22 before the second 2 comes out.

Her second variation doesn’t have the cancels, so not sure why that was mentioned.

Lab more, complain less.
You’d think the game had been out long enough for them to look at the frame data, huh?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
She does not have unblockable projectiles, Only Noob has that but the rest I agree

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What?

You can’t merge her two variations and talk about them as if they’re one.

She doesn’t have a throw KB in her cancel variation.

Her b34 is her plus frames; with a massive gap to interrupt in between.

Her overhead (b1) is super slow and reactable and not used. Her hop attacks are better honestly.

Her projectile is not unblockable in any variation. The DOT is unblockable; as is any damage over time lol.

Please stop posting.

Jacqui’s pressure is good. It’s top tier, but it’s not broken. It is ok for characters to have strong tools, as long as those tools are compensated for with weaknesses. Jacqui has a complete and utter lack of full screen presence. In every matchup she has to work her way in. It makes sense that when she’s in, she should be threatening.

If you read the cancel full combo punish her for it. Unless the jacqui player blocks, you’re gonna hit (and if they block, you take your turn back). Go into training mode and figure it out yourself.

Essentially, get good.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Maybe take a couple frames off that mid and lower her damage a little. I wouldn't change anything else. I hate her, as a character and as a fighter, hate fighting against her, but her pressure is not even safe. Sure, if she blocks shes safe. But her cancel strings into more strings can be jab interrupted into full combo. These aren't the Dvorah MKX bug cancels.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !

Her pressure isn’t plus, it’s just safe. Since she doesn’t have an OH/low mix or options full screen, her pressure needs to be good. But once you block f31 or f3 cancel, it’s your turn.

b2 is -10 and b22 is -7. b22 is technically safe but all it does is help her get in, which she desperately needs. Once you block it’s your turn. And if you actually play the MU correctly and properly space her out, you can whiff punish the b22 before the second 2 comes out.

Her second variation doesn’t have the cancels, so not sure why that was mentioned.

Lab more, complain less.
That is so awesome lol Everything you said amazes me . Fighting games are all about predicting the opponents next move , and you people talk about " specific situations " that someone is having trouble and call out people Noobs or crying BABIES or whatever . Of course you always react in the most accurate way every time . Because you have jedi reflexes .

Wigy

There it is...
Those cancels are going to be not worth using if they cost a bar, she already has decent staggers, the cancels just mix it up a bit more.

Also lol the comparison to kabal.

Kabal has some very strong neutral tools and good zoning, stop comparing different characters

kcd117

Noob
“Jacqui has no fullscreen presence” and we’re yet to see a half decent Jacqui get zoned out in tournament lol. She is never out so she doesn’t need fullscreen presence at all.

Her pressure is way too strong, she needs to be more - on her stuff. There are chatacters in this game who have decent pressure without needing -2 staggerable and cancelable advancing mids, halfscreen normals, 35% + conversions on every touch, etc.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
The only change Jacqui should receive is make her f3 a couple of frames slower. Thats it. Character is fine compared to some other bs that exist in this game.

Also as the above poster said. Lol at the comparison to Kabal.

Lab more, complain less.
b34 is +4
11 is +2 so you are wrong

kabal,liu,raiden all cost bars to cancel so should she.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Jacqui is a Min-Max character. I think she's fine having the free cancels, since pressure is really the only thing she has. She doesn't have much mix and she doesn't have much in the way of range on her normals. Her variation with the cancels has no projectile, and no real way to get in on zoners other than B22 or her Dash Punch, both of which can be blown up by D2.

Other characters might have cancels which cost bar, but those other characters also have access to tools which Jacqui doesn't have, so I'm not sure it's really an apples to apples comparison. In the right hands Jacqui is a really strong character, but I don't think she's so strong that they need to disrupt her pressure game by limiting her cancels. If she needs a nerf I think it should just be on damage by increasing the scaling. Let her keep her gameplan intact.

How is -2 plus only for Jacqui? Do you realize she is -2 also after f3? Get rid of the cancel and -2 will still be there.

Jacqui cancels are just a gimmick, this is not mkx where you can combo or be super + after run cancel. There is no reason to not poke after the cancel.

Wigy

There it is...
Also I wonder why people aren't challenging Jacqui with high strings. Thats what I do with cage, if she does f3 again I get a full combo. Instead of just going for a poke. D1 and s1 are both 7 f for various characters

Dabluprint4

eh....
The reason why her feints are free is because she's canceling normals. Not special moves. It doesn't make sense for her to use bar for cancels that doesn't give her a combo. Special moves should absolutely cost meter to cancel.

also.. her cancels can be interrupted. you can literally press down 1 and stop her from abusing the cancels. you can also full combo punish it as well. Having her cancels cost meter makes no sense. Her overheads are HELLA reactable. You can literally just block low against her.