What's new

No LivingGuide for Kratos

timmo

Noob
ok im making this coz i dont no tom brady like some of u do and i would like someone to ask him to add a living guide for Kratos on his app for mobile phones its the only person that dont have a living guide and the info he gives on them guides are really helpful so if anyone could ask him it would be much appreciated thanks

I doubt he'd take the time to do one for Kratos, to be honest. Kratos is a nothing character in the competitive scene, as he's banned at all major tournaments (actually banned, not Oni banned).

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I doubt he'd take the time to do one for Kratos, to be honest. Kratos is a nothing character in the competitive scene, as he's banned at all major tournaments (actually banned, not Oni banned).
as an Xbox player. Can I ask. How does he do generally? If he was allowed into tournaments would anyone even play him?

He's okay, I guess, from what I've seen of others (haven't touched him myself). Slow normals, but decent dmg. Ridiculously fast recovery on his projectile, and a nice parry. It's hard to have an opinion on his potential, as so few have bothered looking for it, but if I had to guess I'd say he's only mid-tier, if that.

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
From personal experience, I'd have to say that he's probably one of the game's worst characters. Yeah, he does really good damage, very easily. But, his normals are soooo slooow. Both opening up your opponent's guard and defending yourself, can be extremely difficult. The one thing I probably like about him, is his projectile.

I suppose he's fun to mess around with from time to time. Though, he feels like way too much work.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Kratos has slow normals, a dumb dash special, and a godlike parry. Actually he has the slowest normals in the game. That being said, his parry reflects normal hits, grabs, and projectiles. When a projectile is parried, he shoots an unblockable projectile that launches the opponent up in the air. His f4, 2, hold 2, 4 combo does around 30% damage off of 3 or 4 hits. He has the highest damage to input ratio I've seen in this game. 2,1, db 2, f4,2, dash f4,2(hold), 4 does like 41%. The easiest way to beat someone who uses Kratos is to neutral jump in on him. The person will most likely parry and after the animation you can combo him. This combined with sweep kicks will dominate kratos. His projectile is good, but once you get in on him just start going low. However some lows will still be parried. I've noticed that if the character is standing but has a low starter(kang, jax..etc.) he'll still parry that low. To win with kratos you can use a few basic combos like 1,1,2 and 2,1,2 <- overhead on last hit, but ranged..doesn't hit point blank. But its about effective use of the parry. Basically if you know kratos' moveset you can dominate him. Its really hard to parry good players, and f4,2 is not safe on block. The flashiest combo I do with kratos, which is a little easier than the one I mentioned above, but does less damage is 2,1, db 2, f4,2 dash, 1, df 2, dash, 1, df 3. I say its easier because I have a hard time hitting with the second f4,2. You have to be fast. I don't main kratos, but I will use him online. He's part of my repertoire of characters I use to show people I'm not a one trick pony when they start losing respect for me in koth. One last note on that parry: when its used to block normals or throws kratos will do a shove motion and knock the character to the ground. This is fine if you parry an air attack, however on the ground you can dash out of the shove motion and perform one of the combos mentioned above. This is what I have on kratos, for those of you interested.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
kratos is a shitty ass character, no joke if you main him and kick ass then i salute you

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
I started a whiny thread in this very subforum about his parry after I got pwned by a Kratos.

In a nutshell: his parry beats the same stuff that Smoke's EX parry does, which means: everything but D+1, D+3, D+4, sweeps, and some specials (mainly ones that hit at a distance but are not projectiles).

I'd take a wild guess that somebody like Kenshi, all of whose specials beat the parry, would have a big advantage, but I can't back that up with experience.

i actually ran into a sick kratos player, pretty funny cuz its the only guy he can beat me with...which is a win and a loss at the same time for me. his parry is pretty retarded vs reptile...shuts down the entire zoning game and his combos are above 50% for a lot of them...and he has it to the point where if someone screws up the slightest vs his kratos, they are eating over 30% minimum...its pretty impressive and humorous to watch tbh...

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
He's a great 'braindead' character. Quite a few people use him online, also In scrub vs scrub matchups he seems very efficient. He can easily punish everything majorly unsafe like teleports instead of an uppercut like 90% of players do (which I'm also guilty of occasionally). From far range his counter/reflect move can be teleported on reaction lol but close range and off of hits its really good and leads into combo's.

Anyway no serious players care about kratos and even casual's wanting to get good at the game who the guide is also aimed at shouldn't wanting to be picking him up either.

ManjoumeThunder

Just a mark
All I know is that if you get a f4 in, you can do 35-47% no meter.

His arrows are great for juggles, and his corner combos (if you can even set it up) are really good, and his parry is lulzworthy.

His biggest and nearly gamebreaking flaw is his lack of speed in normals; can't do the good damage without getting in first. His gamebreaking flaw is being PS3 exclusive, so no one will get serious with him or try to pull out some crazier stuff with him. If Tom Brady put him in the guide, this would do a few things:

1. Add the necessarily stress/work of putting him in and coming up with Kombos when people don't need/really want Kratos
2. having to keep Kratos in mind when putting information for other characters (ex. "note will not work on Kratos")
3. If he has a guide, it'll give people the idea that you can use him competitively, and if someone does try to main him and pick him at a tourney, he'll get dq'd, or have to choose someone he/she can't use as well, and blame Tom, "well he's in the guide, why would he be there if I can't use him at a competitive level?".

Kratos never had a chance.