What's new

No Leg Grab?

yet she got that god awful flying kick from MKDA?

I don't think it suits her character and it just looks like shit, at least in the video that i saw. Hopefully it's just something they're playing around with or a placeholder move that will be given to another character.

I understand they want to revamp characters, but removing a classic move like the leg grab isn't the way to do it. No different to getting rid of scorpions spear or teleport, or subs freeze or slide. It just one of the things the defines her.

Crimea

Noob
Instead oh leg grab she has a takedawn move that hits low. And there's bicycle move but she uses hands instead of legs

Dedlock

Noob
Instead of the leg grab she has Scorpion's scissor kick and liu kangs flying kick.

It's unacceptable, if her classic moves don't make the final build of the game.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
What? No Square Punch!?

I keep hearing people say she's missing "moves" but the only one I don't see is leg grab and she has comparable animations with her throws and that one low "grab". The other big one for me is the cheerios and they got that

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I've complaint about this a couple times. I was annoyed at the lack of bicycle kicks and squarewave in MK9, but then they didn't show in MKX either, when one of the points of the game was having variations that changed specials, and now in 11 not only are they not back, but they removed almost all of her other specials save for her onion rings (and her MKDA flying kick, I think).
Instead we have her drone, you know, the one we see in intros, and her FB. Don't you remember? Her Budd-e, that's been with her since forever...

Don't get me wrong, Im not against giving characters new moves, but removing so many classic ones, specially in a game where you can switch them up so much... It feels wrong.

They did the same with Skarlet. She has her bloodball, and a teleport, but besides those she is missing all of her MK9 kit. I guess people dont complain because she was so new her kit was not as iconic as Sonya's is.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah, it’s kind of iconic and shouldn’t be missing imo. Especially since her younger version is in the game and they can’t use the “she’s old now and her hams can’t tear people in half anymore” excuse.

I find it hard to be attached to the move despite maining Droneya in MKX. Like it's a signature move but unlike alot of signature moves it didn't really have a super interesting purpose. At least in MKX it was just my damage ender / brutality ender.

It was definitely a goofy looking move that's hard to really clean up into a better animation but I'm pretty sure Kanoball still exists sooo

It was definitely a goofy looking move that's hard to really clean up into a better animation
That's probably true. I vaguely recall it being mentioned that Liz Malecki said "I can do a handstand", they filmed it and worked it into the game as the leg grab. Not sure how accurate that is though.

It's not a deal breaker that it's not there, but it is one of her iconic moves. If it's not a special, then i would have liked to see it reworked as a throw (similar to the female ninja's in UMK3) or part of a combo instead.

What? No Square Punch
If Sonya ever had a goofy move, then that was it. Really made no sense. At least with Kitana turning it into the flying ass powered by her fans, it makes it a slight bit less goofy.

Dedlock

Noob
But it's an iconic move, it's been apart of arsenal in every media iteration of Sonya .

He'll she finished off Kano in the first movie and Ermac in the second movie with her leg grab.

Maybe they can spruce it up in Mk11 just like her sonic rings.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
But it's an iconic move, it's been apart of arsenal in every media iteration of Sonya .

He'll she finished off Kano in the first movie and Ermac in the second movie with her leg grab.

Maybe they can spruce it up in Mk11 just like her sonic rings.
Clone was Sub’s iconic special and they took it away. I hope they don’t take away liu’s bycicle/ flying kicks

Dedlock

Noob
unfortunately no leg grab, the move has been replaced with her leg breaker that hits low which is good for mix ups.

Leg breaker seems to be the replacement, it would be cool if it was added later for a high damage command grab.

If Sonya ever had a goofy move, then that was it. Really made no sense. At least with Kitana turning it into the flying ass powered by her fans, it makes it a slight bit less goofy.
It was goofy, even in MK9 the move had a ridiculous arch.

Dedlock

Noob
Yes het leg grab needs to be a staple , also perhaps an amplified leg grab can lead to her rising bicycle kick, similar to her mk9 xray.

Ludaaak

Noob
I was looking at Sonya's abilities in the customization area, and there is no Leg Grab, same thing with her other iconic moves like the kiss and the bicycle kick from MK3 and MK4. Do guys know if it may be an unlockable?
The video I'm talking about: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwjdq8KTkvvfAhVkH7kGHYAbBHIQxa8BCDEwBg&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov
Sonya with no leg grab is like taking Kung Lao to a club and telling him they have a no hats policy.

Initially I was so bummed this signature move was removed but now, that time has passed, I really don't mind it gone. Her Leg Breaker operates just the same and is pretty effective.