What's new

Nintendo Switch data-mining suggests 13 DLC entries for Mortal Kombat 11

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
What do you guys think this means? Is it the 6 characters plus 7 cosmetic packs, as listed in the Premium Edition? Or is it Shao Kahn, plus 6 characters in the Kombat Pack, plus 6 more characters in Kombat Pack 2?

Note that DLC 1 says 4/22 for the release date, so that one is most likely Shao Kahn of course. Unless we’re getting a cosmetic pack on day one? The rest are just 12/31 placeholder dates.

SPECULATE!

Source:

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The Premium Edition comes with:
  • Six new DLC playable characters
  • Seven skins
  • Seven sets of gear
  • One week early access to DLC characters
So I think that it's the 6 characters + 7skins/gear-sets(combined) = 13

Shao Kahn must not be considered traditional DLC and is not included in the 13.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The Premium Edition comes with:
  • Six new DLC playable characters
  • Seven skins
  • Seven sets of gear
  • One week early access to DLC characters
So I think that it's the 6 characters + 7skins/gear-sets(combined) = 13

Shao Kahn must not be considered traditional DLC and is not included in the 13.
That’s what I’m leaning toward, but the 4/22 date on DLC 1 really throws things off. So if it’s not Shao Kahn, that could mean we’re getting our first cosmetic set on release day?

And why would Shao Kahn not be considered DLC, when previous games sold the pre-order bonus separately?

Hopefully they give us some info this week!

That’s what I’m leaning toward, but the 4/22 date on DLC 1 really throws things off. So if it’s not Shao Kahn, that could mean we’re getting our first cosmetic set on release day?

And why would Shao Kahn not be considered DLC, when previous games sold the pre-order bonus separately?

Hopefully they give us some info this week!
Having the first cosmetic pack drop 4/22 would make sense considering the other 6 characters each will come bundled with the other 6 skin + gear pack. But it really would be unorthodox to not have Shao Kahn sold separately at launch.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Have we seen this premiums skins? I cant recall
No. The only credible reason you have to buy the season pass is Tagawa Shang. That’s enough for me, I’m stoked. That said, it’s really confusing they are trying to sell something in secret lol. Even if they announce it tomorrow, you are going to wait a day before your game comes out to sell your premium pack? Weird marketing, who botched that one? Lol..

That said, it’s really confusing they are trying to sell something in secret lol. Even if they announce it tomorrow, you are going to wait a day before your game comes out to sell your premium pack? Weird marketing, who botched that one? Lol..
I mean, I kinda get their positioning, if they reveal the DLC early people are mad because the game is not even released, but if they don't, people are mad because it's kept a secret (which is my case lol). It really sucks to deal with this situation and backlash so they're probably keeping it low until the game is released so they can announce the second DLC character.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I mean, I kinda get their positioning, if they reveal the DLC early people are mad because the game is not even released, but if they don't, people are mad because it's kept a secret (which is my case lol). It really sucks to deal with this situation and backlash so they're probably keeping it low until the game is released so they can announce the second DLC character.
I guess so. Just seems kind of odd to me. But then again, soul caliber and Dbfz didn’t announce their characters up front either now that I think about it. I guess it’s a fighting game thing.