What's new

Video/Tutorial Ninj's ramblings on Skarlet

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Part 1:

fr stack just made a new highest hitting midscreen meterless combo which I'll whip up a quick video for.

I know this isn't the video guide I've been talking about, but something's better than nothing, right? ;) I sat down and recorded the audio/video in one take here, so forgive me for 'ending' the video twice.

GhosT

Noob
Ninj how do you have your buttons set on your hitbox? specifically where did you place the block button?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
"Sits on class and pay attention to professor @Ninj"

I didn't finish this video yet because of the online issue, its not downloading all:(

But i started to like it a lot, also i notice that you and i have a lot in common when it comes to this character as playstyle and decisions to make.
The big diference maybe is that you play on hitbox and i play on pad

Very good shit Ninj, i'll try to see the entire video and then leave some more comments on it

NariTuba

disMember
Dude 12% unscaled for the Extele at the end of combos? thats a really good round / match ender! Many characters WISH they had that. Skarlet is top of the food chain I tell you.

Anyway, great video.

Ninj

Dude 12% unscaled for the Extele at the end of combos? thats a really good round / match ender! Many characters WISH they had that. Skarlet is top of the food chain I tell you.

Anyway, great video.
The problem, which I didn't articulate very well, is that if your opponent is trying to roll or do a wakeup, you can end the combo with an up slash then an instant down air dagger to pick them up. If you were going to hit with the ex teleport, you would also hit with instant down dagger, stagger them and have them in a block string in the corner.

Worst case with blocked down dagger: you're at slight (1-3 frames I believe) disadvantage.

Worst case with blocked ex tele: you're at punishable disadvantage and in the corner

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

NariTuba

disMember
The problem, which I didn't articulate very well, is that if your opponent is trying to roll or do a wakeup, you can end the combo with an up slash then an instant down air dagger to pick them up. If you were going to hit with the ex teleport, you would also hit with instant down dagger, stagger them and have them in a block string in the corner.

Worst case with blocked down dagger: you're at slight (1-3 frames I believe) disadvantage.

Worst case with blocked ex tele: you're at punishable disadvantage and in the corner

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Oh so they can block the teleport? nevermind then... I thought it was guaranteed unscaled damage.

ryublaze

Noob
I think Somberness said that you're at neutral after an OTG down dagger because it takes longer for the dagger to hit an opponent lying on the ground. EX Air Dagger might give frame advantage but I'm not sure.

I wish they made EX Blood Drop safe on block or something. If the opponent couldn't block it it would've been a really good setup to get maximum damage but for now I think I'd rather end with a reset, EX Dagger, F2, 1, 2, 1+2 slide blockstring (I think that does 12% damage too).

Overall I really liked the video Ninj. Very informative and useful information for Skarlet players. :D

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Part 1:

fr stack just made a new highest hitting midscreen meterless combo which I'll whip up a quick video for.

I know this isn't the video guide I've been talking about, but something's better than nothing, right? ;) I sat down and recorded the audio/video in one take here, so forgive me for 'ending' the video twice.
thanks man ive no way of recording video so this is beast :D

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Nice Ninj.

Just one personal thing about your 39% reset : it is pretty hard to do ^^ I drop 1/2 it so I prefered to use the ex-dc for +1% and be 100% sure I won't drop, but from now I'll use the redraptor's one : JP, f4, red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, 1, 1, 2. It's 39% aswell, give a lil bit more meter and it's so much easier to do ^^ one more good point doing the second one is that if your starter is a down slash (instead of f4) you'll make 8 hits 33%, with yours we'll got 9 hits 32%.

Ninj

Nice Ninj.

Just one personal thing about your 39% reset : it is pretty hard to do ^^ I drop 1/2 it so I prefered to use the ex-dc for +1% and be 100% sure I won't drop, but from now I'll use the redraptor's one : JP, f4, red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, 2, red dash, down slash, 1, 1, 2. It's 39% aswell, give a lil bit more meter and it's so much easier to do ^^ one more good point doing the second one is that if your starter is a down slash (instead of f4) you'll make 8 hits 33%, with yours we'll got 9 hits 32%.
How about we compromise - a mix of my method of 7th hit 1,1,2 + fr stacks new combo.

Video coming shortly - what I meant to say was 44%/47%w/ jip no meter midscreen RedRaptor10 SaJa fr stack L0rdoftheFLY UsedForGlue

Ninj

One more time - RedRaptor10 SaJa fr stack L0rdoftheFLY UsedForGlue Johnny2d

Also updated the post patch skarlet combo's with this video, and updated the combo list.

I messed up the credits, but that's the jist of what I'm going for. Let me know what you guys think :p

fr stack - thanks for creating the foundation of this combo. You brought Skarlet's midscreen meterless damage up 3% for both resets and punishes!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

Also updated the post patch skarlet combo's with this video, and updated the combo list.

I messed up the credits, but that's the jist of what I'm going for. Let me know what you guys think :p

fr stack - thanks for creating the foundation of this combo. You brought Skarlet's midscreen meterless damage up 3% for both resets and punishes!
Awesome video man.

Really digging the Jackson ending.

ryublaze

Noob

Lol I liked the ending. New reset combo ftw.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

So easy lol, i'm feeling pity of the characters that on block are punishable with b2 already. such as the rollers state
I'm out for the lab

Ninj

All credit for the ending goes to my brother. He's the bomb with Premiere Pro - I'm still learning. I messed something up with the credits too...it's not all as crisp as it should be.

Anyways...I'll be re-evaluating my corner combo's with some new thoughts I have from fr stack's work.