What's new

Ninjakilla's Tier List

Gamer68

Fujin!
EDIT: Also, can we just appreciate how crazy it is that B-tier and below has just straight up stopped existing in these recent tier lists? Makes me wanna see some MU numbers to see if things really are that balanced.
I think it's because B and C tiers kinda implies that the character isn't very good. But it seems that some top players think that even the bottom 5 in this game aren't really that bad and could probably be played in tournaments including majors. Placing a character in A and another in B also makes it seem like there's a major gap between the characters. So I guess because of these reasons the top players have decided to keep the characters in S and A tiers and just use + and - to show that there is still gaps it's just that they are smaller than usual.

Man, what a good video. I like how he actually showed off what he's trying to say, and explained it in a way that was easy for even a low-to-mid-level player like me to understand. I respect Sonic and all, but every time they explain a character, it's just doing some move and then saying "bro that's like KINDA FUCKIN STUPID! LIKE WHAT THE FUCK! THAT IS FUCKED UP!" with no additional context as to why. After watching this video, I feel like I'm a better player without even touching a controller.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
well i stopped watching. tier lists are how each character plays vs the whole cast. not which character liu or sub zeros slide can quickly punish. sonic foxs list is more accurate except for his sub zero placing.

another thing im sick of seeing in all these tier lists is all of the S TIER placements. i always thought S tiers were for superior characters vs the WHOLE cast. example would be Dairou and bo rai cho from MK deception. these characters kicked the shit out of the other broken characters. imo MK11 does not have a s tier.

well i stopped watching. tier lists are how each character plays vs the whole cast. not which character liu or sub zeros slide can quickly punish. sonic foxs list is more accurate except for his sub zero placing.

another thing im sick of seeing in all these tier lists is all of the S TIER placements. i always thought S tiers were for superior characters vs the WHOLE cast. example would be Dairou and bo rai cho from MK deception. these characters kicked the shit out of the other broken characters. imo MK11 does not have a s tier.
I noticed that too. Some stuff he was doing to punish certain staggers or strings were only possible with characters that had long-distance, fast-traveling reversal specials. Fortunately, lots of characters do have SOMETHING to do in those ranges. Sub Zero's slide is definitely the exception and not the rule in terms of being long-distance, fast-traveling, low-hitting and low-profiling.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Sonic Fox's tier lists receive most of the community's attention, but I am finding that Ninja Killer provides more comprehensive explanations that exclude "This character is OD / broke / stupid" every second or third sentence. I am about halfway through the video and I am learning a lot. Ninja Killer is also the best flawless blocker in the community so listening to what he has to say about reactable and unreactable offensive strategies is interesting.

I also still believe that Highborn Kitana is top ten. I feel people are overrating Shang Tsung, though. From what we have observed in recent online tournaments, he is mostly used as a counter-pick character. The top tier characters, namely Cage, Cetrion, Geras, Jacqui, and Liu Kang, can punish a flawless blocked ground eruption very consistently, but I have only seen Ninja Killer flawless block and punish it regularly.
Highborn isn't S tier to be honest, yes she's good but if you lab her as a character, you'll know what to do. She's good but not S tier.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I feel like the TYM tier list is "my character is B tier but everyone else is A+... oh yeah, and you aren't allowed to use S tier for some reason"

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Man I always love when people hear a professional MK player say a character is mad good, and their mains all say says "Nah, if you go into practice mode you'll see the character sucks" as if the people who do it for a living haven't taken them into training mode before

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I dont really believe you can react to jax his staggers, you said yourself that you cant react to it online and your not really a tournament player.
And just because your only using f33 doesnt mean the character is bad, he has more tools then just mashing f33. And his f33 is -4 not sure where u get this -11 from.
Tym always want buff for the characters they main and nerf all the rest.
f3 is -11, not f33.

Man I always love when people hear a professional MK player say a character is mad good, and their mains all say says "Nah, if you go into practice mode you'll see the character sucks" as if the people who do it for a living haven't taken them into training mode before
to be fair you could clearly see that he was still discovering some pretty obvious stuff in the video.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Watching him FB scarlet in the Corner really made me feel for scarlett mains. Like yo hes never going to lose to a scarlett in tourney ever lol

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I also still believe that Highborn Kitana is top ten. I feel people are overrating Shang Tsung, though. From what we have observed in recent online tournaments, he is mostly used as a counter-pick character. The top tier characters, namely Cage, Cetrion, Geras, Jacqui, and Liu Kang, can punish a flawless blocked ground eruption very consistently, but I have only seen Ninja Killer flawless block and punish it regularly.
I will never understand why he was placed so high, TekkenMaster said to me that he can "erase half of the cast and you need to specific picks for him to beat him" but i never saw this happening so I don't know what am I losing here.

Yeah, I cannot stand this silliness about not using the accustomed SABCD tiers. Makes these people look like utter wankers.

What's next, 'everyone is S tier, some are just S+++++ while others are S------ but IT'S TOTALLY BALANCED YOU GUYS'

I feel ya, as I like jax, I like to mess around with him, I absolutely hate going against him lol. I get beat 90% of the time.
i think you need to read again brother. learn the mu and try to react to his staggers or straight up guess and if you guess right you will do twice more damage than him.