What's new

Ninjakilla confirmed to beat Sonicfox in set 10-3

Last night, Sonic Fox got wrecked in 10-3 in a match with who appeared to be a random Jacqui player. We've now learned the identity of this random player, who isn't actually a random.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Funny thing is that NinjaKilla doesn’t say much of anything, even online/on social media. The drama comes from the cheerleaders on the sidelines with their pom poms.

Not saying you can’t be a fan, not at all. But y’all creating unnecessary actual drama is really lame.

Mkx netcode got to be super solid, and yet online was always looked down as inferior and pretty much irrelevant.

It's getting more importance now for some reason , which is curious.
Netcode being so much better is a big reason along with the death of interest in locals & big money online series

Mkx netcode got to be super solid, and yet online was always looked down as inferior and pretty much irrelevant.

Well i think after they did the ggpo update to mkx online started becoming more relavent immediately, especially with ESL and other online based tournament type events

Was not long ago when people said online was irrelevant and pretty much cancer and offline was all that mattered. I never thought that way, but I'm seeing a drastic change with people now bragging about online wins or even placings in leaderboards. Idk, it's just weird and ironic.
Edit: I see I have made the same post others have made. I am so bad about reading a thread all the way through before posting.

Well it wasn’t until the online GGPO patch nearing the end of MKX’s life that online became good enough to approach the feel of an offline set.

Really throughout Injustice 2 and now with MK11, matches are quality enough where results are much more legitimate.

Online wasn’t at al respected during mk9 or early mkx days.

Netcode being so much better is a big reason along with the death of interest in locals & big money online series
I think that is the key point. That old "preserve the purest form of the game, offline" collapses when people smell the cash.

Top players calling him a necro and that "he wouldn't do anything against them in their prime at mkx" "Let's see when MK11 comes out". Now he is the spanking daddy of all of these elitist kids.
Dudes are legitimately scared of losing that tourny money to "Necro" Ninjakilla! It has great entertainment value though...watching these rambling dudes (and their fan boys), in great fear of losing that tourny money to the emperor of the "Necrorealm". Bwaaaahaha

This was never true. The ESL Pro Series had a ton of money and is generally looked at one of the highlights of that game.

It’s not considered to be the same as offline, because it isn’t. But the Ninja vs. Sonic hype started online in the first place (in MKX), and it’s never been a thing that online matches can’t be considered hype.

The MKX netcode revamp was the start of online matches being considered playable in the first place, so that game is really pivotal for the online wing of the NRS scene.

I think that is the key point. That old "preserve the purest form of the game, offline" collapses when people smell the cash.
Personally I hate it but I'm almost a Dinosaur FGC age wise at this point, I miss how hungry & firey local rivalry & events were

How would

How would an overhead knockdown help more than existing f2?
His existing f2 is almost never used due to it being a High with short range. There is maybe one or two combos it can be used in, but it makes them more prone to be dropped if you try it online and it doesn't add much more damage over the safer options. But you'll never see a high level Liu Kang use it as a combo starter even though it's pop up, which just shows how useless it is tbh. Changing it to an overhead knockdown would give liu kang an actual reason to use it and it would kill 2birds with one stone. It would function similarly to his back 2 in MKX, except would have a significantly shorter range and would be much more punishable.

Imo liu does not need f2 to be an overhead. Players (talking about liu players who want an overhead) just need to start utilizing the quick jump overhead in their offense.
Every character has a quick jump overhead, including characters who have multiple overhead options, that's not a solution. Liu Kang needs an overhead string and changing a nearly useless skill into a reasonable overhead option would be the most efficient way to implement it.