What's new

Ninjakilla confirmed to beat Sonicfox in set 10-3

Last night, Sonic Fox got wrecked in 10-3 in a match with who appeared to be a random Jacqui player. We've now learned the identity of this random player, who isn't actually a random.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

You missed the point entirely. Never denied his skill nor denied Sonic for building him up as some legitimate threat to the other members of the community however, outside of one offline event that wasn't even a huge major, he hasn't been able to do anything that lives up to his name. Plus, didn't someone in this very thread say NK said he got away with a lot of gimmicks in that tournament too? He's a good player, overhyped to the Gods, but still is a good player. I'd just like to see that translated over into an actual huge major you know, the same type of majors y'all keep dissing Carl/PerfectLegend over for not attending rolls eyes.
I’m sure he’ll make it. But he’s a kid and not rich, so it’d definitely help if he had some financial assistance in getting there.

PL wouldn’t play a lot of people even online. Ninja doesn’t seem to shy away from going head to head with challenges.

This just proves online sets don't matter. I'm sure Sonic is like sure ninjakilla you can have all the online sets you want, beat me 100-0 if you want, as long as i win all the money in tournament.

thank god he did not stick with mk11 liu kang's boring ass
He probably would if they gave Liu Kang somekind of overhead, he's a monster with Liu in MK11 but hes been pretty vocal about the fact that Liu Kang needs an overhead option in MK11. It doesn't even need to be combo able, evenmaking his f2 an overhead knockdown instead of a high popup which is virtually useless as it is would be enough.

This just proves online sets don't matter. I'm sure Sonic is like sure ninjakilla you can have all the online sets you want, beat me 100-0 if you want, as long as i win all the money in tournament.
To me this proves the opposite as well in a different sense. In the FT10 Sonic tried different characters against Ninja and saw that those don't work. Then he came up with the idea of using Cassie and it worked perfectly. However I believe Ninja could have won had he not play the ft10 against Sonic beforehand. It's way easier to prepare against a guy who only plays two characters, compared to a guy who can play the entire roster.

I'm just kind of sick of the Ninja Killer hype train now.... Weren't y'all the same ones dickriding SonicFox just 10 months ago when nobody was even out here playing Injustice 2 and MKX like that? Weren't y'all the same ones insulting Tweedy on his weight issues because his role as a scene heel was "too much" for you guys? Y'all are just some johnny-come-latelys and it shows with the comments y'all make.

Regardless of this online win or not, can he do all of this in real time, on the big stages the scene has to offer? Until then, he's all hype and you are all feeding into it -- and enough excuses about school obligations and all that bullcrap. You think SonicFox and Dragon didn't have that when they were whipping ass and taking names in their respective debuts? There's a thing called hype but there's also a thing called being a fervent dick rider and y'all doing WAAAY too much.
It always confuses me when people make these kinds of posts. Who are you talking to? People say stuff like this and I think it’s funny. Same in twitch chat.

It’s almost like there’s many people here and they all have different ideas and express them at different times or something.....nope, definitely just one person here just switching up all day.....

I’m the biggest sonic fan there is. I was hoping he’d beat NK today and I was hoping he’d take the whole event. Doesn’t mean I’m not hyped as fuck on NK’s come up. He is most definitely top 10 in the game right now, free, and you can say that’s cap but I bet a lot of people agree, including the rest of the top 10.

And you talk all this shit like...where’s Ninja at??? He don’t even compete offline or when it matters??? Dude...he started playing mkx long after it was competitively dead, and didn’t play injustice 2. MK11 has been out for a month. One month. He’s been to at least one fairly big tournament (won) and just got 4th in a 750 entrant online event. He didn’t go to combobreaker. The ONLY major that’s happened in the games lifespan so far. You sound crazy.

Where are all these events he’s ducking, bro?

It’s so funny how you pick and choose which things to factor and ignore anything that doesn’t suit yoyr argument. Of course people are hyped on NK....why wouldn’t they be? Some of the best execution in the game, and played sonic tough as hell today at times making fox look lost in the neutral. Watch their set...it wasn’t amazing and hype as shit? NK, Kombat, Dragon, scar, tweedy...all good for the scene and makes these events mustn’t Watch.

As for the tweedy stuff, he’s obviously divisive and some people don’t like him, but that man is a killer. I really don’t see anyone other than eggs and anime character avis on twitter and people on twitch chat talking about his weight so I don’t know where that came from. Literal kids...like lil ass kids make fat jokes about him. It’s not like it’s tbe core NRS community talking that shit, so for the last time, who are you even talking to/about.

How would
He probably would if they gave Liu Kang somekind of overhead, he's a monster with Liu in MK11 but hes been pretty vocal about the fact that Liu Kang needs an overhead option in MK11. It doesn't even need to be combo able, evenmaking his f2 an overhead knockdown instead of a high popup which is virtually useless as it is would be enough.
How would an overhead knockdown help more than existing f2?

Imo liu does not need f2 to be an overhead. Players (talking about liu players who want an overhead) just need to start utilizing the quick jump overhead in their offense.

To me this proves the opposite as well in a different sense. In the FT10 Sonic tried different characters against Ninja and saw that those don't work. Then he came up with the idea of using Cassie and it worked perfectly. However I believe Ninja could have won had he not play the ft10 against Sonic beforehand. It's way easier to prepare against a guy who only plays two characters, compared to a guy who can play the entire roster.
I disagree, because these guys play each other all the time, every day. So you saying that ft10 cost him that match i dont think so. if anything nerves probably played the biggest part in that loss.

Isn't his F2 an overhead or is it a high?

so Fox defeated NinjaKilla, and lost to Kombat, this prove that is amazing how high level caliber competitors can defeat each other in any day .... there is not such thing as "invencible forever" in fighting games, if so, Daigo could be the ultimate undefeated Evo champion until today ..... and story proved otherwise, hehe :joker:

anyway, Fox and NinjaKilla are the two best players at the moment in MK11, to be models for the others one, but it's nice to see others talented players raising in MK11 FGC .... this is very good for the game lifespan/lifecycle competitive scene and make things much more hyped and interesting to watch and follow up at daily basis, hehe :D

Very admiration and major respect for both NinjaKilla and SonicFox, you two are awesome ! :)

so Fox defeated NinjaKilla, and lost to Kombat, this prove that is amazing how high level caliber competitors can defeat each other in any day .... there is not such thing as "invencible forever" in fighting games, if so, Daigo could be the ultimate undefeated Evo champion until today ..... and story proved otherwise, hehe :joker:

anyway, Fox and NinjaKilla are the two best players at the moment in MK11, to be models for the others one, but it's nice to see others talented players raising in MK11 FGC .... this is very good for the game lifespan/lifecycle competitive scene and make things much more hyped and interesting to watch and follow up at daily basis, hehe :D

Very admiration and major respect for both NinjaKilla and SonicFox, you two are awesome ! :)
How is NK "one of the two best NRS players" when Scar just won biggest Combo Breaker in Mk history (currently biggest MK 11 Major aswell) and Sonic placed second.

Scar would like to have a word with you.

When it comes to seeing who the best of the best is, TOURNAMENTS MATTER waaaaaaay more than exhibitions. I really hope to see NK at EVO. I mean, what better way to show off your skills than the BIGGEST FGC event of the year.

Are we really getting posts of results of online casual sets? The site got to that point?
If you beat the best player in your game in a FT10 you deserve at least some props.

I mean I know some people on TYM beat Sonic on a daily basis, so it’s no big deal ;) But I think it’s pretty cool, and Sonic also thought it was cool. Go figure.

More importantly though, this one’s been a rivalry spawned from casuals for two games running, so it’s noteworthy when there’s a new development.

How is NK "one of the two best NRS players" when Scar just won biggest Combo Breaker in Mk history (currently biggest MK 11 Major aswell) and Sonic placed second.

Scar would like to have a word with you.
oh, my fault ! Scar is the guy too ! he, NK and Fox, along with half dozen of others great players, are the best at the moment in MK11 ! cannot wait for CEO and EVO ! :D

Why does a potentially very talented player showing up and adding to our community make so many people salty?
Chill the fuck out. We should be HAPPY that new talent is coming to the game we love. That's a good thing for everyone. And we all should hope he makes it to big offline tournaments and increases the already high competitive level of this game.
Shut up and enjoy the hype

If you beat the best player in your game in a FT10 you deserve at least some props.

I mean I know some people on TYM beat Sonic on a daily basis, so it’s no big deal ;) But I think it’s pretty cool, and Sonic also thought it was cool. Go figure.

More importantly though, this one’s been a rivalry spawned from casuals for two games running, so it’s noteworthy when there’s a new development.
Was not long ago when people said online was irrelevant and pretty much cancer and offline was all that mattered. I never thought that way, but I'm seeing a drastic change with people now bragging about online wins or even placings in leaderboards. Idk, it's just weird and ironic.

Was not long ago when people said online was irrelevant and pretty much cancer and offline was all that mattered. I never thought that way, but I'm seeing a drastic change where people now brag about online wins and placings in leaderboards. Idk, it's just weird and ironic.
I mean, things can still be hype even if it’s not The Definitive Proof of your career. Just like even offline, a money match or team tourney can be hype, and you can get some props from beating someone good, even if it doesn’t say how well you’ll do in the bracket on Saturday.

Was not long ago when people said online was irrelevant and pretty much cancer and offline was all that mattered. I never thought that way, but I'm seeing a drastic change with people now bragging about online wins or even placings in leaderboards. Idk, it's just weird and ironic.
Do you remember how bad mk9 online was? It was literally a different game than offline.

Why does a potentially very talented player showing up and adding to our community make so many people salty?
Chill the fuck out. We should be HAPPY that new talent is coming to the game we love. That's a good thing for everyone. And we all should hope he makes it to big offline tournaments and increases the already high competitive level of this game.
Shut up and enjoy the hype
Nice runback. Hope this turns into a great (but friendly) rivalry story.
fuck yeah, these statements are so right true ..... 100% agreed ! :D :)

Do you remember how bad mk9 online was? It was literally a different game than offline.
Mkx netcode got to be super solid, and yet online was always looked down as inferior and pretty much irrelevant.

It's getting more importance now for some reason , which is curious.