What's new

Nightwolf General Discussion Thread

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Anyone on XB1 have Nightwolf?
He isn't anywhere on my system. Not in store, manage game addons or ingame store and the character select loops me to the store with no NW!

If any XB1 players have NW let me know?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Why doesn’t his 312 string KB work while the opponent is in hit stun like after a D4? Is this just how the game works or is it a bug?
Something about hitstun man, same thing happens with Shang's B12 KB. I think they do the check for the KB requirement right as the string comes out and if they are in hitstun then it doesn't count, just a theory

I like your Skull Night profile pic

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
It looks like his reflector does not work on skarlet's blood tentacle however if she tries bloodball into tentacle strike shenanigans he can tp on time and pressure her as her own blood ball approaches her

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
First impressions with NW in his Matoka Warrior variation:

He is definitely an OH mixup king and safe while doing it.
Easily hitconfirmable f21 overhead 24 frame starter into full combo. [made safe by finishing f21 with a 4]
Easily hitconfirmable b34 11 frame starter into full combo [can be made safe finishing b34 with d4.] Not a lot of range but dangerous up close. EDIT: im high and forget it was 2nd hit that was low, not first hit.

Fast decent range advancing hitconfirmable f12 mid 13 frame starter into full combo.

His damage isn't great but not total garbage either, but is great if you can get his wolf damage buff out.

Decent arrow projectile.

Overall really solid character so far. Have to stay on your toes fighting him with the mixups which are safe even if you react fast enough.

Last edited:

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Wanted to do a spirit warrior for my Kustom Build. Really liked Lightning Arrow though, so my build has ended up:
Spirit of Kiba
Hanna's Wrath
Lightning Arrow

Thoughts? Suggestions? Please, feel free to comment, give guidance.

Vagrant

Noob
First impressions with NW in his Matoka Warrior variation:

He is definitely an OH/low mixup king and safe while doing it.
Easily hitconfirmable f21 overhead 24 frame starter into full combo. [made safe by finishing f21 with a 3]
Easily hitconfirmable b34 low 11 frame starter into full combo [can be made safe finishing b34 with d3.] Not a lot of range but dangerous up close or from an overhead jump in punch.

Fast decent range advancing hitconfirmable f12 mid 13 frame starter into full combo.

His damage isn't great but not total garbage either, but is great if you can get his wolf damage buff out.

Decent arrow projectile.

Overall really solid character so far. Have to stay on your toes fighting him with the mixups which are safe even if you react fast enough.
b3 is mid bro. 2nd hit is the low. lol

Also you finish f21 with 4. not 3.

Also the b3 string is b34d4

Last edited:

Surielx

Noob
I had no problems downloading it, just spent ~4 hours grinding for stuff and testing him. I feel like he's missing... something. Can't really tell. Will do more tomorrow.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Must be a problem with XBL or thier coding for every port. Who knows but I hope we get him soon.
If anyone on XB1 gets him please let us know while downloading him.
Same here, let me know. I’m gonna take my kid to the park and run some errands so hopefully it’s fixed by the time I get back. Would really be nice to get the character I paid for 4 months ago sometime today. Lol

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
The 2nd hit of ex tomahawk has a bad habit of whiffing in the corner depending on the string you cancel from or the character you're fighting if you amplify it too early. You have to delay the amplify within a very small window to avoid this. Very annoying.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Just labbed vs nw for a quick min but noticed you could poke him out of amp should and and hatchet on block, is that correct or did I not mash amp fast enough?

The only hot take I have after five minutes is that getting the command grab in the F2,1,2,1 string feels fucking strange. My Hitbox sounds like I am typing a paragraph.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
How does nightwolf play so far? Interested in trying him out. I haven’t downloaded him yet but I want to know a bit more before I jump into the lab with him