What's new

Nightwolf General Discussion Thread

the steam store Mk11 files updated yesterday...
perhaps Nigthwolf is coming sooner than expected???

Nightwolf and skin pack???

1116621SteamDB Unknown App 1116621a day ago
1116620SteamDB Unknown App 1116620a day ago
Damn i wanna see his trailer along with Sindel's so badly. I hope NRS does them justice. Hopefully we'll get a trailer this week or next. Nightwolf is very underrated IMO.

Thingy

Retired account
I love how they made Nightwolf look like an actual Native American in this game. His facial features are perfect.

NRS needs to drop that trailer. No one likes a tease.

Honestly? really hoping to see something new out of him... felt he was always one of the lackluster spots on the roster, but i can also see alot of potential, hoping for a thoughtfully developed move set, itd be pretty awesome if (maybe a long shot) the whole “spirit” dynamic had a tricky setup-oriented kind of build available, with tools akin to seeing double maybe. cant say im all that worked up about him tho :/

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What if his shoulder charge if button held would make nightwolf run and when button is released he would shoulder charged? What if we could cancel that run with amplify?

can't wait to see some gameplay.

So from the footage here, it looks like NRS is still on the "one tourney variation gets the special that allows full combos, the other gets to do three hits into ender over and over and over." Le sigh...

Don't get me wrong, everything about the character LOOKS great, and I'm gonna at least try him out for a while, but the variations/balancing nonsense continues to plague this game.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
super badass, Nightwolf is such underrated characetr, both lore and gameplay wise .... his ancestral gift seems to be the way to go in tourneys

I'm a little confused about NRS's approach to grappling. In most games, when a character's a grappler, their grapples are actually really scary. Either they do huge damage, lead into big combos, give crazy oki, or some combination. The grappling in NRS games always seems kind of... meh. What's the design philosophy here?

kcd117

Noob
I'm a little confused about NRS's approach to grappling. In most games, when a character's a grappler, their grapples are actually really scary. Either they do huge damage, lead into big combos, give crazy oki, or some combination. The grappling in NRS games always seems kind of... meh. What's the design philosophy here?
I thought they'd get it right after IGAU where both Bane and Solomon Grundy had ridiculously strong grappling skills that made you aware of the threat at all times, but they didn't lol.

They should aim in the direction of SF4 when designing grapplers imo. That game had some of the coolest grappling character designs I've ever seen. Gief, Hawk, Hugo, Hakan, Fuerte, and Abel were all scary and at the same time had unique ways to establish their game and it was really enjoyable, not only to play but especially to watch the pro players use them at the highest level.

I thought they'd get it right after IGAU where both Bane and Solomon Grundy had ridiculously strong grappling skills that made you aware of the threat at all times, but they didn't lol.

They should aim in the direction of SF4 when designing grapplers imo. That game had some of the coolest grappling character designs I've ever seen. Gief, Hawk, Hugo, Hakan, Fuerte, and Abel were all scary and at the same time had unique ways to establish their game and it was really enjoyable, not only to play but especially to watch the pro players use them at the highest level.
Good points about both SF4 and IGAU. Grundy was one of my favorite grappler designs ever (even if he needed buffs). It's obvious they know HOW to make grappling good, but the MK series in particular has never really had what I would call a grappling class of characters--at least not in any meaningfully competitive way. Grappling is such a risky playstyle that it NEEDS to offer massive reward to a player who does it well, but grapples in MK games are just additional special moves most of the time.