What's new

Nightwolf General Discussion Thread

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I always thought it was a shame that Nightwolf faded into obscurity. I like his character a lot and the focus on the spirits around him. He always struck me as the only good-guy who had a sorcery theme going. Most Earthrealm fighters are either martial artists or military - I always loved the idea of having a fighter channelling the power of the other-worldly as sort of a contrast to the usual Earthrealm defender. Also I believe Raiden represents something in Nightwolf's belief system (I think he has a certain name he calls Raiden). I'm a bit of a sucker for lore, so Nightwolf always had a special place for me

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I hope he has a red aura mechanic that allows him to do stuff

But mostly i'm expecting for the rushdown monster we had in UMK3

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I always thought it was a shame that Nightwolf faded into obscurity. I like his character a lot and the focus on the spirits around him. He always struck me as the only good-guy who had a sorcery theme going. Most Earthrealm fighters are either martial artists or military - I always loved the idea of having a fighter channelling the power of the other-wordly as sort of a contrast to the usual Earthrealm defender. Also I believe Raiden represents something in Nightwolf's belief system (I think he has a certain name he calls Raiden). I'm a bit of a sucker for lore, so Nightwolf always had a special place for me
He calls him Haokah, which is protector in his language if not mistaken.

Nike is also the most powerful earthrealmer, he is even far more stronger than Liu actually.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
I'm so happy! The solve my problem of picking one main character. With Nightwolf and Sindel i have one for sure and two to change in specific matches.

I hope Nightwolf mantein the basic moves of mk, the reflection for god sake, the axe and the shoulder charge for sure.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I'm so happy! The solve my problem of picking one main character. With Nightwolf and Sindel i have one for sure and two to change in specific matches.

I hope Nightwolf mantein the basic moves of mk, the reflection for god sake, the axe and the shoulder charge for sure.
Yeah all the DLC characters I’m gonna use. Nightwolf will be my main though, regardless.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I’ll be the best and do him justice so no need for any of you to even attempt to pick him up... That is all. :REO

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The press release mentioned him being "Grey Cloud" previously.
Sure hope it's the same Nightwolf and not someone else under the title like some suggested.
He's cool as hell andI am hyped for him.
View attachment 14870
I feel the exact opposite. I’ve always thought Nightwolf was pretty lame for some reason. I’m excited to see someone new take the mantle, and see what they do with it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
If Nightwolf can't turn into a wolf like Kotal turns into a cat, I'm rioting.
You can gladly take the ability off our hands and give it to Nightwolf. It's dumb as fuck and pretty useless to boot.

On topic - I really can't wait to see what they do with Nightwolf. I'm probably more excited for him than any of the DLC character we know are coming.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I want him so bad to play like UMK3/Trilogy Version, which was the best Nike we ever had.

At this point i'm just really curious to see how he will play, if the hatchet will link combos, if it will be the best AA, the damn tackle.
Red aura moves being faster and stronger overall.

damn i just can't wait.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Holy shit this is awesome so many other people are hyped for this! The first time I lightning axe some fucker in the face, I'm just putting the controller down and having a smoke. It's been a long time coming.