What's new

Nightwolf EX df2 whiffing issue

xKMMx

Banned
I wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue I am with Nightwolf's EX DF2.

In the corner I cannot for the life of me get it to connect off of f12.

A lot of times it even whiffs off 111 and F31. Ive tried working out the issue in the lab but honestly It never whiffs off of 111 or F31 or b34 in practice mode. But it misses a lot in the corners during matches.

Am I just miss timing it somehow or is this a known whiffing issue?

xKMMx

Banned
Is that the launcher? Just delay the amp in the corner
Ive tried all differnet kinds of timings delaying it to the last possible frame even still nothing really makes it super consistent.
Do you play Nightwolf? Have you had issues with it whiffing at all?
I'm saying ive seen it literally pass right through opponents.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Welcome to noobs metagame . Wondering if the full punish you worked your ass off for will magically phase through their torso

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
ive always wondered why stuff like this exists, it just seems like wonky/bad design. like theres no actual reason for it to exist it just makes combos inconsistent sometimes. anyway just delay pressing enhace

xKMMx

Banned
Just delay the mb, i’ve never had issues with it after i got the timing down
Yea I started to get it more consistent yesterday after practicing the timing. The thing is its a different timing off every string which is stupid but it is what it is.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Which in my opinion is his better variation I honestly think he's better version of Kano
Yeah I’ve never gave Kano a go but I can totally see that, I just find the different game you have to play with AG fun and interesting. Plus you get 2 more KB’s and 3 additional brutals. Deep down I think MW is maybe better but I can’t go back now

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Yeah I’ve never gave Kano a go but I can totally see that, I just find the different game you have to play with AG fun and interesting. Plus you get 2 more KB’s and 3 additional brutals. Deep down I think MW is maybe better but I can’t go back now
Starter, Amp arrow dash in F212 command grab cancel on the third hit if blocked for a tick throw, Amp arrow again if they get hit. Is one of my go-to setups

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
By tick you mean just hit grab after F212?
Sorry ive always heard of tick throws but don't know what they are exactly.
It can mean a few different things but for NRS games, people generally refer to tick throws as the idea that you do a string/normal and special cancel into a command grab which will hit a blocking opponent.

So Ancestral Gift has a command grab, DBF3 I believe. It's a high hitting throw. If you do something like F2~DBF3, the DBF3 will whiff even if the opponent is blocking. If you do F212~DBF3, the command grab will hit the opponent if they are blocking. The former misses because the opponent cannot be thrown when they are in block stun, the F212~DBF3 leaves just enough frames where the opponent can leave block stun which makes them vulnerable to the command grab. Most characters with command grabs can tick throw from very few options, namely D1, D3 and D4. Past that it is character specific like Nightwolf's F212 or 11.

TLDR: Most of the time your character's command grab will whiff on a blocking opponent after cancelling it from a string or normal. When it actually hits a blocking opponent, that's called a tick throw.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
He doesn't have wiffing issues midscreen or corner off his DF2 if you delay the Amp properly. Its the same timing for all strings. Practice camping at the latest possible and you will find all corner combos will land from F12/F2121/B13/111/B34

If you press Amp to quick then some will wiff especially F12 from a bit away from corner. But delaying allows them to fall enough to get clipped by both swings.

Ancestral Gift is badass and I feel its slept on. Matoka is definitely a very strong variation with great damage and oki. But I feel in matchups Matoka struggles Ancestral picks up the slack.

xKMMx

Banned
He doesn't have wiffing issues midscreen or corner off his DF2 if you delay the Amp properly. Its the same timing for all strings. Practice camping at the latest possible and you will find all corner combos will land from F12/F2121/B13/111/B34

If you press Amp to quick then some will wiff especially F12 from a bit away from corner. But delaying allows them to fall enough to get clipped by both swings.

Ancestral Gift is badass and I feel its slept on. Matoka is definitely a very strong variation with great damage and oki. But I feel in matchups Matoka struggles Ancestral picks up the slack.
Yea I guess I got lazy . Ive been practicing the timing off of each string to get them down. They are a tad different feeling to me but maybe that's just me. Either way I appreciate everyone input.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned

I started playing with him a little last night in practice mode. I'm not super good with grappling characters cause ive never really played one.
It seems like he would be capable of some good oki himself off of the amp tick throw since it gives a TON of frame advantage.