What's new

Nightwolf Axes Combos Thread

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
NinjaGrinder said:
You can try that combo endlessly vs an inactive opponent, but once you're facing a really good player, your opportunities are shorter.
If you get a starter or the stomp (first hit) there is no difference between an inactive player and an active one. Both can't block...
If you practice the combo you will find out that it's not hard to be consistent with it in a match. I don't do 4 axes to showoff, but only because it's great damage and pretty fun to pull off. I play that game for fun only anyway so maybe you are right from a competitive point of view. I used to play Crazy Dominican almost everyday and he always go for 4 axes and that guy is a competitive player (the best I ever played).

Remz

I agree with you Scheiss. I just don't see the point of not trying it 100% of the time in casuals. It's very fun and I don't see why I should sacrifice fun just to win a match that doesn't really matter. But maybe I just forgot that most players here a competitive players and I was talking from a casual point of view.

MKK hanzo

ScheissNussen said:
Both of you are right. It can be done but it is one of the more difficult combos in the game (otherwise it wouldn't come up so often). I don't do 4x, I go for consistent damage that lets me stay on top of my opponent. 3 hatchets is fairly simple to get on most chars, but it doesn't matter as long as you get around 50% and/or have them cornered when it is all over. But, if you are an online only player, you won't get 4x consistently against everyone.
Agree 100%

S

SuGaR

Everyone should be able to do two and should strive to learn things off of two to benefit yourself in the match. You don't need to be flashy, I only recently learned how to do three axes consistently on XBL. I still don't bust it out unless I'm 100% sure I can hit it and need it to win. Most of the time it's two axes aHP shoulder ram. It's never been about the combos you can do, it's how you win the match. It doesn't matter if you can do five axes on Jax if you lost the fucking match, does it?

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
SuGaR said:
Everyone should be able to do two and should strive to learn things off of two to benefit yourself in the match. You don't need to be flashy, I only recently learned how to do three axes consistently on XBL. I still don't bust it out unless I'm 100% sure I can hit it and need it to win. Most of the time it's two axes aHP shoulder ram. It's never been about the combos you can do, it's how you win the match. It doesn't matter if you can do five axes on Jax if you lost the fucking match, does it?
Yeah. I'm all about standing HKs. Love that flash.

S

SuGaR

FatalTragedy said:
Yeah. I'm all about standing HKs. Love that flash.
Me too, my ego is why I lose a decent of the matches I lose. Gotta get that sick combo, right? lolololololol.

Remz

SuGaR said:
It doesn't matter if you can do five axes on Jax if you lost the fucking match, does it?
Even if you win, it doesn't matter more. All that matters is the fun you have playing the game. In a serie of casual games, it doesn't change anything in your life if you win or loose.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I only play arcade, with some friends, once a week. And every 2 months we gather to play all night and run a tournament. I play the same, no matter if its casuals or tournament. I try my best to win, I rely on mind games, reaction, pressure and knowing how and when to turtle. That's not saying I'm the best or anything, but I'm consistent in my gameplay and I have tons of fun, much more fun I'd say, when I pull off a nice set up, than when I pull off a nice combo.

The feeling of reading your opponent, punishing almost everything he does, sometimes knowing what's he gonna do before he does it, seeing his frustration/surprise when he falls for a nice trap... that's fun for me

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I just want to report that I got axe, axe, run axe, run lp to axe against a USub in a game today. It was sick. I can get it consistent now too.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
ScheissNussen said:
This was the standard on kaillera years ago, I still do it on all the long leggers. Jax, usub, stryker.

This combo is easier to get more consistently for me, it looks good, is more fun, and gives good placement if you time it right.
3 axes to a lp axe?

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Dreamcatcher said:
3 axes to a lp axe?
Actually sat down and put effort into timing it out and got my first 3 axe combo. Threw a punch afterward into a shoulder ram for good measure. I can sleep now that I know I can do this. Missed it every time because I never did axe, run-axe, axe. Always went for two axes off the bat and whiffed the runner.