What's new

Nightwolf Axes Combos Thread

Remz

https//:wavenet.remz.ca
RollTide8569 said:
somebody start an Axe thread please
Here is a serie of videos I made to show how many axes you can get on every characters from Nightwolf's mid-screen ground combo.
Just click on a character to see the video.

Quadaxable: (4 axes)

Jax
U Sub-Zero
Male Ninjas
Kano
Stryker
Kabal

Triaxable: (3 axes)

Robots
Nightwolf
Female Ninjas
Sonya
Sindel
Kung Lao

Diaxable: (2 axes)

Liu Kang
Shang Tsung
Sheeva

Last edit: Sheeva is diaxable (thanks ded_) I updated the video.

MKK hanzo

Thx for the thread. Now to continue:

Remz said:
Yea it's very very close. I think 5 axes is at Jax what 4 axes is at Nightwolf. The difference between Nightwolf and other "quadaxable" characters is that you have to do a foward step after the first axe. I have the feeling I won't be able to do better than this on him:
But we might be able to do that same combo on other chars.
If I can get 4 on Nightwolf, I'll start trying 5 on Jax again.

Edit: I used to play Crazy Dominican a lot and he tried to get a 5th axe on Jax all the time. And I really don't want to spread false information but I'm very very sure I saw CD doing it once on Kaillera. I think DC Hustle or Marvirasta was there too.
I have done 4 axes on Jax + aaHP afther that. On U Sub too I think. On male ninjas an AALP too can be added. 5 axes on Jax but the 5th had to connect in the corner. There is a "sweet spot" where a 4h axe near the corner will NOT push you back and the foe hits the corner while in Juggkle state. The 5th axe requires almost no walking at all. Sure this may be different at what we are lookin: 5 axes open ground but is the closest I got like a year ago or so. Havent tried anymore.

ZAQ

Noob
I had my little obsession with NW a couple years ago and I tried to get as many hatchets as possible mid-screen on Jax. It always felt like it was possible to get 5, but in a near-perfect situation and execution it would wiff by what seemed like half of a frame.. so frustrating. It visually looks like it should connect but doesn't. Maybe you should frame step it, but as Hanzo said, I think it would require the corner.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Good thread. BTW, I get 2 hatchets to a lp hatchet on robots. I don't know if the damage difference is much but just saying.

Remz

Cool, I know that you can get 3 axes aaHP and 2 more axes on U Sub and/or Jax.

somebody had a good idea making this thread

i can't get 3 on sonya, Lao, sindel, female ninjas. doesnt bother me b/c i can do 4 on jax, male ninjas and striker. I used to do 4 on Kabal but hell i had forgotten all about it and jus do 3 (not n e more though, watch out kabal)

Remz, you should edit your first post and tell every body how to do the run axe. that is the most important thing to put in this thread! (IMO) showing is one thing, explaining is another

MKK hanzo

Dreamcatcher said:
Good thread. BTW, I get 2 hatchets to a lp hatchet on robots. I don't know if the damage difference is much but just saying.
this kind of thread would have caused a riot on UMK.com thx to me lol sorry for those times.

RollTide8569 said:
somebody had a good idea making this thread

i can't get 3 on sonya, Lao, sindel, female ninjas. doesnt bother me b/c i can do 4 on jax, male ninjas and striker. I used to do 4 on Kabal but hell i had forgotten all about it and jus do 3 (not n e more though, watch out kabal)

Remz, you should edit your first post and tell every body how to do the run axe. that is the most important thing to put in this thread! (IMO) showing is one thing, explaining is another
If it helps to the stick users here I repost the axe vid:

Same shit applies to pad.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
RollTide8569 said:
Second that, and I think everybody (or at least some) should explain how they do it. Recording their hands like Hanzo, if possible. That would help a lot.

Remz

NinjaGrinder said:
Second that, and I think everybody (or at least some) should explain how they do it. Recording their hands like Hanzo, if possible. That would help a lot.
A running axe is D, F+Run, HP. This is all you have to know. (This, and practice is all I needed to do it)

I just don't see the point in doing what Hanzo already did well. It's just that simple. There is not 99 ways to do it and unfortunatly we can't DO IT FOR YOU. Just practice it and you will get it. It's really not that hard. I don't want to be rude, but I didn't make this thread to help people learn thoses simple combos, I made the thread to stop all the false informations that I heard about how many axes you can get on each characters. Lazy people who don't want to practice won't get it and people who want to practice will get it in less than an hour. If someone did practice it and still don't know how to do it, then just upload a missed attemp and I will help you with pleasure!

NinjaGrinder

I wasn't asking the clips for ME, lol!
I couldn't care less for that kind of combos, I go everytime for axe x2, hpx2, jk
I've done 3 axes the way you say (d,f+run, hp) and once I saw I could do it, I stopped doing it.
I was asking in the name of people who are really interested in incorporating flashy combos into their vs gameplan. Hanzo does the running axe by holding run and pressing d,f, releasing run and pressing hp, so a video with someone doing it the other way (d,f+r, hp) WOULD be helpful.
But now I understand, your thread isn't about helping people how to do it.

Remz

NinjaGrinder said:
I couldn't care less for that kind of combos, I go everytime for axe x2, hpx2, jk
I've done 3 axes the way you say (d,f+run, hp) and once I saw I could do it, I stopped doing it.
You don't like free damage??!

NinjaGrinder

Remz said:
You don't like free damage??!
That's not free at all
I haven't seen a single player (not even hanzo) who can pull that combo off (axe x4, jk) in a vs match all the time flawessly. Instead, axe x2, hpx2, jk is not a combo that any decent player should miss.
You can try that combo endlessly vs an inactive opponent, but once you're facing a really good player, your opportunities are shorter.

4 axes is for showing off, not free damage