What's new

Question Nightwings (Staff Mode) Down-1 is ridiculous. Advice anyone?

Rodshod123

OH BABY!!!
Okay let me start this off by saying, yes I know how to block, I'm far from being "wack", I know you can push block. Today I went to the next level arcade to play some casuals to get ready for Wednesday for when I enter the battle circuit tournament. I came across a good nightwing player who literally abused the fuck outta down 1. I have never came across a character who can keep you trapped like a little monkey. Midscreen its not that effective cause you can time a backdash but if he get u in the corner good game, you can't meter burn f or b3 for armor it will get beaten. The only thing you can do is either push block. Night wing can sit there and down 1 all day and mix u up with his overhead/low strings and there nothing u can do about it. I went into practice mode to see if u can escape from it just to find out its useless. 6f and plus on block and hit that's crazy that god its a mid. I need some advice on how to deal with this. I have no problem beating while in standard stance but when he go staff the frame traps r stupid no other character have this. I need some advice can some night wing players help a brother out this is extremely hard to deal with. I hate having to waste meter to escape it. Cause or options r limited you can try to stay out the corner but he has a combo that put u in the corner, you can't meterburn back or forward 3 outta it, can't back dash out of it mid screen yay corner no, forget about jumping you will get poked out. Advice please cause from the looks of it once he start up a string that's it.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I think that's why hes so slow and has no jump arc when in staff. It's a kind of balance i suppose.

LEGEND

YES!
Looks like you already know your options.

D1-MB DB3 is a block infinite in the corner until either NW runs out of meter or you gain enough to pushblock.

Take a look at this shit

Note the amount of chip damage Nightwing gets and how Batman doesn't build any meter.

If you get caught by this in the corner without meter your best bet is to take the hit so you can A) get a wake-up option and B) build some meter to pushblock

Rodshod123

OH BABY!!!
Stop letting him hit you.

Try back dashing.
Oh yea I do but u gotta understand there but so many times u can backdash before u start to get punished for it. But once he gets u in the corner there nothing u can do except push block.

Rodshod123

OH BABY!!!
Stop letting him hit you.

Try back dashing.
Oh yea I do but u gotta understand there but so many times u can backdash before u start to get punished for it. But once he gets u in the corner there nothing u can do except push block.

Rodshod123

OH BABY!!!
Looks like you already know your options.

D1-MB DB3 is a block infinite in the corner until either NW runs out of meter or you gain enough to pushblock.

Take a look at this shit

Note the amount of chip damage Nightwing gets and how Batman doesn't build any meter.

If you get caught by this in the corner without meter your best bet is to take the hit so you can A) get a wake-up option and B) build some meter to pushblock
Omg adding more fuel to the fire damn the character is nuts I also think d1 is a semi inf until u push block from what I tested.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Nightwings staff is dumb. Poke poke poke all day. The sound of that metal hitting me drives me bonkers.