What's new

Video/Tutorial Nightwing's consistent wakeup reversal

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
yup. this is my tech lmao. i have a video on it.. the same one where i showed off the x2 d2 tech.

people tech roll without knowing (mashing out reversals) so.. doesnt work as well as i want. also, if they choose NOT to wake up, they will be at frame adv. u'll be in recovery frames from landing still
This...it's not real. Your taking a safe jump setup and making yourself unsafe.

Just stance cancel jump over. It flips their wakeups and if they don't wakeup...your safe in the other side.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
After you counter zone, what are you doing.

Zoning.
No, for example:
Nightwing does not outzone Sinestro whatsoever, but he can stop Sinestro from playing his game. Does this mean you're zoning him out? No. It means that you're giving yourself space to get in.

Zoning alone doesn't win Nightwing any match-ups because it's not designed to keep someone out, it's designed to get him in, which it does relatively well. You can't outzone Nightwing without sustaining some damage.

A good example is Raven. She outzones Nightwing yet it's 5-5 (or, in Ducky's opinion, 6-4 NW) due to Nightwing's counter-zoning ability.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No, for example:
Nightwing does not outzone Sinestro whatsoever, but he can stop Sinestro from playing his game. Does this mean you're zoning him out? No. It means that you're giving yourself space to get in.

Zoning alone doesn't win Nightwing any match-ups because it's not designed to keep someone out, it's designed to get him in, which it does relatively well. You can't outzone Nightwing without sustaining some damage.

A good example is Raven. She outzones Nightwing yet it's 5-5 (or, in Ducky's opinion, 6-4 NW) due to Nightwing's counter-zoning ability.
Of course this is true if your playing catchup. If you want to talk MU specifics...

If i have the life lead against a zoner, like sinestro or Zod, I will zone till they come to me.

NW is an opportunistic zoner. He is a bad zoner with a life deficit. He is a great zoner with a life lead. This game is more about offense and defense. When the opponent has to come in NW is a very effective zoner.

This is why NW doesn't have any. This is why no nw does them in tournament. This is why NW players lose...cause they go for "setups" instead of just playing to his strengths.

His only strengths are:
Staff Footsies (corner its OP)
Zoning (yes I said it)
Flip kick
Safe jump setups
I can't stress this enough. When I rebuilt my NW I took away all his damn setups and stuff like this and focused more on the neutral game and general play of NW.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Of course this is true if your playing catchup. If you want to talk MU specifics...

If i have the life lead against a zoner, like sinestro or Zod, I will zone till they come to me.

NW is an opportunistic zoner. He is a bad zoner with a life deficit. He is a great zoner with a life lead. This game is more about offense and defense. When the opponent has to come in NW is a very effective zoner.
That's a good point, but as long as the opponent is patient they should have no problem getting in. His zoning is very similar to Superman's in that it's simply a tool used to catch the opponent's mistakes and to build meter.

Have you ever had a character like Flash just walk you down? It forces you to attack him because he's not going to get hit by any of your zoning and you're just walking yourself to the corner. The best part about Nightwing's zoning is the amount of chip damage the opponent sustains while getting in.

My point isn't that Nightwing's zoning isn't good, because it is. My point is that it's more designed to counter-zone, which it does better. Ground Spark ducks high projectiles. Ground Pound works similarly to FTD. Wingdings are a great anti-zoning tool that warrant a KD and corner carry when MB'd. Flying Grayson is a constant threat in the mid-range game. He has fullscreen frame-traps that force the opponent to momentarily change their gameplan as soon as they block a Ground Spark/Pound.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
That's a good point, but as long as the opponent is patient they should have no problem getting in. His zoning is very similar to Superman's in that it's simply a tool used to catch the opponent's mistakes and to build meter.

Have you ever had a character like Flash just walk you down? It forces you to attack him because he's not going to get hit by any of your zoning and you're just walking yourself to the corner. The best part about Nightwing's zoning is the amount of chip damage the opponent sustains while getting in.

My point isn't that Nightwing's zoning isn't good, because it is. My point is that it's more designed to counter-zone, which it does better. Ground Spark ducks high projectiles. Ground Pound works similarly to FTD. Wingdings are a great anti-zoning tool that warrant a KD and corner carry when MB'd. Flying Grayson is a constant threat in the mid-range game. He has fullscreen frame-traps that force the opponent to momentarily change their gameplan as soon as they block a Ground Spark/Pound.
All this is true