What's new

Match Footage Nightwing Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasted

Noob
I doubt it will be truly punishable. It's already -11, it would need at least another 11 frames of disadvantage added.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I doubt it will be truly punishable. It's already -11, it would need at least another 11 frames of disadvantage added.
Actually, unless he doesn't almost as an instant air you can punish it with reversal timing. The change will just make it possible at all heights probably.

The problem with this is that NW can't mb his punish like Aquaman can. Maybe if his recovery frames are counted when he's grounded instead of airbourne then it will be easier. Additional frames on laser could also make it always punishable by flying grayson also, depending on how many frames are added of course.

Depending on the severity of the nerfs, NW might be able to stay in staff and punish all of Supes zoning. If it isn't that bad, then NW has to play it patient like he does now in escrima, switching to staff occasionally for a surprised pound to throw off Supes' zoning game.

Oh, and if you were the Wasted that commented on my YT video about reacting to GL's mixup, then I don't know if you saw my reply but I mentioned that I didn't mean reacting to the low. I meant blocking low and reacting to his overhead/throw options. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Oh, and depending on how much they nerf it, he might be able to punish super high un-mb'd laser with stance cancel ground blast.

He can already punish super high lasers by neutral jumping them and doing pound, but this as an option would be nice too.

Noob
NightwingDayZero my beef among other beefs with lantern and this wasnt even addressed is how EFFING far lanterns might reachs i mean who decided to make it that long must have a concussion or some kind of head injury...with the amazing range it has and GL backwards walking speed he can literaly just toy with some characters at that Footsie distance... oh yeah and get this i had GL little B1 or 2 cant remember, the one where he goes foward with his foot in a sweeping motion, the string that everyone uses for everything right... it beat a FG wakeup now thats something right there...

Sajam i really doubt it will be that negative... i mean its superman we are talking about they probably jus tmade sure to add a couple of more negative frames just to say, hey look its "nerfed" or "normalized" but it wont make much diference in my opinion... also the very non specific nerf to F2 i dont think it will ring anything advantageous in terms of ground fight, my guess is that they simply made sure it cant catch opponents in the air... when in all honesty they needed to make him move foward less a lot less and made sure his hit box is correctly positioned in this body, but we will see...

Anyhow will you be covering those changes in video for the more "problematic" NW matchups?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Yeah, I will.

I'm hoping the f2 nerf prevents anti-airing, and also doesn't jail at the start of the match. That would help out lots of characters, NW included, in dealing with him.

Noob
Yeah, I will.

I'm hoping the f2 nerf prevents anti-airing, and also doesn't jail at the start of the match. That would help out lots of characters, NW included, in dealing with him.
hmmmm i think it will still jail pretty bad considering this is only a hitbox change , it would have to be pretty drastic to change momentum, travel distance, and speed.. im pretty sure it will stop ant airing, but it will be as dominant as fast and as retarded as it is right now... i mean i have been doing a instant air wingding and praying that i was fast enouth in my motion to get him to be in block stun or complitly stop him from moving forward with the F2,3 but its very iffy and risky... considering my opinion on this matchup praticly everything you do at footsie distance is risky against him

Nice nice, ill be sure to check it out come patch time, im on PSN so ill probably get it later than Xbox so ill just check in here to talk to you guys about the changes

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
hmmmm i think it will still jail pretty bad considering this is only a hitbox change , it would have to be pretty drastic to change momentum, travel distance, and speed.. im pretty sure it will stop ant airing, but it will be as dominant as fast and as retarded as it is right now... i mean i have been doing a instant air wingding and praying that i was fast enouth in my motion to get him to be in block stun or complitly stop him from moving forward with the F2,3 but its very iffy and risky... considering my opinion on this matchup praticly everything you do at footsie distance is risky against him

Nice nice, ill be sure to check it out come patch time, im on PSN so ill probably get it later than Xbox so ill just check in here to talk to you guys about the changes
They would only have to change the range to make it not jail, or anti air properties so you can jump out.

Wasted

Noob
Actually, unless he doesn't almost as an instant air you can punish it with reversal timing. The change will just make it possible at all heights probably.
Air lasers are not the problem. The issue is with ground lasers, which cannot be free punished, beat Escrima spark and almost indistinguishable until the laser comes out. Throwing out an MB spark vs ground lasers just burns your resources and leaves you worse off than when you started - you'll trade, yeah, but you basically got nowhere.

The problem with this is that NW can't mb his punish like Aquaman can. Maybe if his recovery frames are counted when he's grounded instead of airbourne then it will be easier. Additional frames on laser could also make it always punishable by flying grayson also, depending on how many frames are added of course.
Well, he can, but the MB hit will whiff, yeah.

Depending on the severity of the nerfs, NW might be able to stay in staff and punish all of Supes zoning. If it isn't that bad, then NW has to play it patient like he does now in escrima, switching to staff occasionally for a surprised pound to throw off Supes' zoning game.
We'll see, of course. Any nerfs are good nerfs when it comes to Superman.

Oh, and if you were the Wasted that commented on my YT video about reacting to GL's mixup, then I don't know if you saw my reply but I mentioned that I didn't mean reacting to the low. I meant blocking low and reacting to his overhead/throw options. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

That's me. I figured out what you meant, all good.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
In escrima you duck straight laser with ground spark, and you can beat ground laser with wing dings. In staff both grounded lasers lose to ground blast. It's not the fact that he has one of these tools, it's the fact that he has all of them. It's a guessing game when it comes to zoning, and if you guess wrong you eat way more off of a traited/meter burned laser than he does for a ground spark/blast.

Plus, we all know how NW damage compares to Superman damage. Like I said, we'll have to wait and see what the changes are, because his zoning tools/f23 are getting touched, and those are big problems for NW (and everybody else, really).

Noob
Wasted i dunno if you do this already but if you get a superman to block a Spark full to bit futher than mid screen you can jail him by doing stance cancel groundspark he will have to take the groundspark for chip or hit dmg if he tries to jump out... its a good way sometimes to make them or any other character respect your zooning, if you see that he is already in the air you can always cancel your spark into a timed backdash to avoid the air lazer

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I doubt Superman gets nerfed as much as people expect/want.
The MU will remain the exact same, I think.
Which is why I was talking about waiting to see what happeneds in the patch.

I'm 99% sure the matchup will be bad enough that I'll still be playing MMH for it. I'm gonna grind out NW/Supes and see how it goes on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.