What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Matchup Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
In news that will make you happy, I beat the only Superman I played at WNF today when I got 4th.

In news that will make you said, I played MMH instead of NW for that match, and I lost twice to Godspeed's Adam 2-1 with NW :(. I feel very comfortable in the BA matchup, so losing close games to pre-patch Adam doesn't sting to much.

But yeah, the dream of Injustice it beat the Superman players so I can lose to the Black Adam players.

Noob
In news that will make you happy, I beat the only Superman I played at WNF today when I got 4th.

In news that will make you said, I played MMH instead of NW for that match, and I lost twice to Godspeed's Adam 2-1 with NW :(. I feel very comfortable in the BA matchup, so losing close games to pre-patch Adam doesn't sting to much.

But yeah, the dream of Injustice it beat the Superman players so I can lose to the Black Adam players.
im sorry to hear that bro.. iv been so busy with work that i havent watched WNF yet but my work has a deadline of today at midnight so tomorow im gonna lean back and Watch everything WNF, GGA weekly, the Break etc.. etc...

Looking forward to seeing your preformance

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
im sorry to hear that bro.. iv been so busy with work that i havent watched WNF yet but my work has a deadline of today at midnight so tomorow im gonna lean back and Watch everything WNF, GGA weekly, the Break etc.. etc...

Looking forward to seeing your preformance
WNF only records top 3, and Next level had 4 people yesterday. Not much to watch there :(

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
WNF only records top 3, and Next level had 4 people yesterday. Not much to watch there :(

So I get on twitter last night and I'm reading all this hype from Pay 2 Win about how SWEET CD jr's NW was at NLBC, how the community isn't ready for a real Dick.

I tune in and watch Staffwing 101 and listen to Arturo Sanchez talking about how Aquaman has no real answer to staff ground pound.

Sabin

Elder God
I posted the grand finals though - How do you guys feel about the nightwing/aquaman matchup?
In this matchup in particular, since nightwing ex staff projectile is at + frames, aquaman has a hard time in neutral.

But yeah for the most part everyone seems to be taking a break before the patch + TFC recovery. I'll still support this game though :)

NightwingDayZero

I posted the grand finals though - How do you guys feel about the nightwing/aquaman matchup?
In this matchup in particular, since nightwing ex staff projectile is at + frames, aquaman has a hard time in neutral.

But yeah for the most part everyone seems to be taking a break before the patch + TFC recovery. I'll still support this game though :)

I'll be further breaking this MU down on Friday with michaelangelo. Insayne looked clueless as to how to deal with staff ground pound, he has tons of options. He had no idea how to space things out or how to take advantage of Nightwing's weaknesses in either of his stances.

This MU is a 5-5, both sides have to work.

NightwingDayZero

It's not a 5-5. Nightwing wins it 6-4.

Aquaman doesn't have an answer to staff pound. One staff pound and it forces him to jump. He can't do anything other than jump...nothing.

HGTV Soapboxfan did an amazing Nightwing breakdown for the Aquaman community, in it he established - that on read or reaction - staff pound can be whiff punished by fwd dashxxFrom the deep MB from anywhere on screen. Aquaman can take advantage of escrima with his reach and his strong jump in attacks, and he can take advantage of staff with his mobility and trait.

I play against my training partner Michaelangelo regularly, and I played against Flawedzilla for hours at EVO. Both agree it's a 5-5.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i want to play nightwings on xbl with my joker

i believe this MU has potential to be even

hit me up :qwark28 is my gt

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
That NW play was pretty staff wing, I'm not sure why I expected something better. NW/Aquaman is 5-5 for sure by the way. Lots of people don't understand this matchup and think NW shits on Oceanman for some reason. He has lots of answers for staff, and in escrima his footsie options make you work for damage. Luckily he isn't going to be traiting out of like a pretty large part of that damage.

I think today I'm going to take a break from GTA and finally break down the GL matchup. Oh, and we need to get on that stream we have been talking about NightwingDayZero

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I personally think it's 6-4. I stand by that. Any matchup where you negate essentially all of a characters tools with one move and force them to have to move...is an advantage.

Noob
hmmm i would like to see more movement from CDjr... that Staffwing still feels fresh out of the box.. he knows some stuff but i mean no cancels, if he likes Staff so much atleast mix it up with some cancels to flipkick of Spark just cause... i for one love to fake out a spark and just go in with escrima... honestly since i started seing the potential powerhouse mixups escrima has to offer, now staff for me is more of a cancel/mixup tool then my go to stance... its very rare now that i prefer to remain staff for the extention of the match

NightwingDayZero

@:07 starts match with whiff b1

So I watched this a few times, here are some notes I took. See if you notice a trend.

@:08 jump

@:16 jump

@:17 jump

@:23 nuetral jump 3 would have stuffed all staff WU options and going into trident rush would have garaunteed dmg

@:24 jump

@:30 jump

@:33 hit with ground pound MB on wakeup, why? Giving the match away.

@:45 should have backdashed after the first staff spin MB, the standing 1 would have whiffed and the situation would have been reset to nuetral.

@:48 jump

@1:00 Raw b2, no trident rush?

@1:01 jump

@1:03 jump

@1:05 Caught backdashing d1s, really? why?

@1:29 jump

@1:31 jump2 whiffing from miles away, desperate and doesn't know his spacing.

@1:35 jump

@2:04 jump, jump, jump - he's clearly uncomfortable approaching NW...

@3:00 tries to b1 at point blank range, beat by d1, obviously.

@3:09 jump - gets hit

@3:28 negative after MB trident rush, goes for it anyways

@3:30 pretending he is positive on block, eats a ground pound.

@4:20 gets caught jumping, because if you can be sure he'll do anything mid-range - it's jump.

@5:13 recognizes the input error on wingdings and tries to dash in - too late and he's caught dashing

@5:20 doesn't know the range on wingdings, is hesitant to approach. Nightwing is in Escrima, this is his opportunity to bully him mid range.

@5:23 jumping in pays off because Escrima has no reliable ground based AA

@5:30 gets caught trying to jump out of Ground Pound MB frame trap.

@6:00 jumping, again.

@6:14 punishes wakeup staff spin, could have stuffed it with Nj3 for more damage.

@6:30 finally, punishes a predictable ground pound.

@6:40 trying to press buttons, looked like Water shield. Why?

@7:00 starts match with the same whiffed normal he's started EVERY match with.

@7:13 caught jumping, could have been much worse

@7:24 caught with wakeup flying grayson. Nj3 would have won.

@7:35 jumping again

@7:45 jump

@7:49 jump

@7:52 jump

@8:08 jump

@8:09 jump PAYS OFF!- drops combo

@8:17 jump

@8:18 jump

@8:21 jump

@8:32 jump

@8:47 jump

@8:51 jump

Anyways, I think I communicated my point. If we're going to talk about MU numbers - let's not base it on what we saw last night. Insaynne gave it away.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I think he should have jumped more, right?

Aquaman can dash after pound and make NW respect his from the deep everytime he blocks a normal pound. He doesn't need to jump at all, certain people just aren't familiar with staff NW yet, and that's it.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I play an experienced aquaman quite often by the name of canei. Anyone who knows him knows his aquaman is very strong. I'm quite busy right now so ill edit this later w details. I feel in escrima its 6-4 aquaman. In staff, 5.5-4.5 NW. Close to even but slightly in NWs favor for a few main reasons. I'll explain my breakdown once im done w parent duties for the night.

Noob
hmm depends on the NW player really... in my opinion NW zones the hell out of aquaman be it in escrima or staff... its a ver defensive match for aquaman... i for one dont favor a stance against aquaman or anyother character.

NW s strenght lies in the fact that he can switch in the middle of strings to the other stance keeping most opponents on their feet, only using 1 stance like he was doing is a poor management of NWs skills and abilities... not saying he has a bad NW, but his NW feels very fresh out of the box, still favoring brute force instead of finness and complex rushdown and mixup game... you should never feel stuck on one stance cause they both have their flaws, they only complement each other when used in "sync" canceling between one and the other constantly to favor the occasion...

just to show how poorly managed his stances where by CDjr you can see that in metropolies rooftop he gets out of staff mode unsafly just to use the interectable and out of the 3 4 times he tried the opponent punished praticly all of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.