What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Does it really matter if Chongo is the best in the online Joker/NW MU? Whatever that even means

Let's not start this again.
You're right, it doesn't matter that I'm the best in the joker MU

It matters because I'm the best in every matchup. hold that

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Look at the last set we played and stop playing scrubby nw's and u will be convinced, shots fired :DOGE
I'm not about to base a MU on any online sets.

If I did then our sets would seem like MMH at least 7-3s NW since, you know, haven't won even 1 out of like the 5 we've played

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement

If I did then our sets would seem like MMH at least 7-3s NW since, you know, haven't won even 1 out of like the 5 we've played
MMH is really good against NW online.

Unblockable air dash plus NW's slow buttons mean he gets bopped. Just like I think Ares is not actual garbage online but pretty ok. Lag helps him more than it hurts him.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing

What? Ive beat you the last few times and id beat u again if u decided to get online

Last edited:

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing

Unblockable air dash plus NW's slow buttons mean he gets bopped. Just like I think Ares is not actual garbage online but pretty ok. Lag helps him more than it hurts him.
Hes the online gimmicks master lol backdashing after oh teleport backdashing after mb ss when i do s1 after it

Shaazzyam

NW pretty much has 50-50s online. He's a million times better com pared to offline

I'm saying offline its probably 6-4 cause orbs, interactables, Martian's damage, and NW WUs

Hes the online gimmicks master lol backdashing after oh teleport backdashing after mb ss when i do s1 after it
I don't know how many times I have to explain that you can backdash standing 1 after Tele. Have you actually looked at the frame data?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
NW pretty much has 50-50s online. He's a million times better com pared to offline

I'm saying offline its probably 6-4 cause orbs, interactables, Martian's damage, and NW WUs

I don't know how many times I have to explain that you can backdash standing 1 after Tele. Have you actually looked at the frame data?
Certain things about NW are better online, but nothing that I think particularly helps against MMH. MMH being able to blow up NW with air dashes and not really having answers to his air mobility in general online is really good.

Either way, I feel like NW has a better time offline.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing

Its harder to backdash/ wakeup out of some interactable setups or just going for the interactable straight up and yes i do i study frame data very heavily.

Shaazzyam

Certain things about NW are better online, but nothing that I think particularly helps against MMH. MMH being able to blow up NW with air dashes and not really having answers to his air mobility in general online is really good.

Either way, I feel like NW has a better time offline.
I guess we'll figure it out at WNF this wednesday boo.

btw did you feel that earthquake just now?

Its harder to backdash/ wakeup out of some interactable setups or just going for the interactable straight up and yes i do i study frame data very heavily.
Then why can't you understand Martian being able to backdash a 14 frame normal when he's only -8 with pushback?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
So what do my fellow Dicks do against Lex and Raven?
Against Lex you can use ground pound to zone him out, and Nightwing can deal with trait using wingdings, 112/3, and to some extent F213. Staff spin is generally a bad idea vs a traited Lex that knows the MU, but abuse it if they don't know how to punish it. Nightwing has good oki on Lex once you condition them not to wakeup through baiting and MB B/F3.

For Raven, her only invincible wakeup is teleport so Nightwing has really good oki pressure on her (stuff the others with 113). You can check her with ground pound after a soul crush, and well-spaced wingdings also go over Soul Crush so you can use that to your advantage. Make sure you're backdashing her 223 string, and also make sure that you're not getting opened up by any ghetto mixups - such as her F3 & B1 (Low). You can react to her F3 so always block low.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Pfft this thread has been really dead lol.

Ok so Aquaman vs Nightwing, let's discuss it. Correct me if I am wrong, but full screen Nightwing wins easily right? Up until jump distance Nightwing wins. At jump distance Nightwing's normals out-range Fishman with B1 and D3 right? Now if Aquaman jumps in his dumb J2 almost can't be AA'ed right? After that I don't know, I don't have much experience. What happens then? Who wins inside jump distance?

@Shaazzyam @EMPR_MURK
And dare I tag Aquaman players or will they just come and laugh at us?

Pfft this thread has been really dead lol.

Ok so Aquaman vs Nightwing, let's discuss it. Correct me if I am wrong, but full screen Nightwing wins easily right? Up until jump distance Nightwing wins. At jump distance Nightwing's normals out-range Fishman with B1 and D3 right? Now if Aquaman jumps in his dumb J2 almost can't be AA'ed right? After that I don't know, I don't have much experience. What happens then? Who wins inside jump distance?

@Shaazzyam @EMPR_MURK
And dare I tag Aquaman players or will they just come and laugh at us?
My reasons as to why I feel he beats aquaman are similar to yours but I'll add that NW in staff wins the footsies battle, neutral game, and slightly the zoning battle.

To try to explain it better, b1 in staff really poops on aquaman at the right distance meaning that even if aquaman blocks b1, his next move (faster move) can't reach NW at certain range so NW can usually follow up with a s1. B1 plays a great role in that mu.

Aquaman can't really jump in on NW in staff due to his hitbox and from the right distance, NW can catch him with s1 or the famous b1.

Its more to this mu but im sure others can explain it better thn I can imo.

What could make this mu a possible/arguable 5-5 is due to aquamans superior damage and the stage being played on imo.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Staff normals out-range his so Nightwing wins the neutral (unless there's an interactable around, then it gets pretty weird) and Aqua's J2 can be MB B3'd.

The zoning war is pretty meh because GP is faster and +9 but the trade is so heavily in Aquaman's favour so if he gets 1 good read with FTD he's already done more damage than you have with a few Ground Pounds.

Obviously he has trait too which means he can just block high versus Staff, but in response we can cancel into Staff Spin to prolong the block-string, meaning the next time we touch him we can actually get some damage

And then there's the interactables

And then there's the fact that we can't slip out of combos so he gets 40% or so every time he touches us, into more AAAAAGGHHHHHHH.

But we can oki him to death because of his crappy wakeups.

Seems pretty even to me, I think it's 5-5.

Interactables are so stupid. We can block a punch from Superman but we can't block Catwoman throwing a chair at us

Last edited: