What's new

Night Wolf Trailer!!

The long awaited Nightwolf trailer is here. Watch him channel spirits and axe stuff to death in the video below. On top of that, we have the reveal of our next DLC costume pack, which looks to be "klassic arcade fighters" pack for parts of the roster.

The hype is real!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

People saying they weren’t shocked or didn’t see much they didn’t expect. That’s a good thing for me. I was hoping he would have a lot of what they showed. I didn’t see anti air axe tho, so hopefully the shoulder is as godlike as an antiair as it is in UMK3.

I replied in the wrong thread but it’s okay because this trailer deserves another mention. I’m beyond stoked to check him out when he drops. Insanely good trailer, felt like a movie preview.

By the way, the animal stuff? TIGHT AF

I watched it another 7 or 8 times... lol

I noticed a launcher, command grab, teleport, parry, projectile parry, buff, and only one string with a possible gap, and a low profiling lunge. Oh, and a partridge in a pear tree.

That is one complete character, ladies and gentlemen.

His fatal blow is short which is GOOD.
I really don't get where people are getting this idea from? It's not and it's easily checked. It's ~10sec - same as sub/kitana/raiden/scorpion/sonya... and probably 90% of the rest of the cast.

It may seem shorter, possibly due to the way it's cut compared to the others, or the amount of hits - or more than likely because it's something new - but it is NOT shorter.

I wasn't blown away by the trailer. Honestly, it's hard to even get excited because who even knows what moves will be legal.

He doesn't appear to be the character that's going to make me want to keep playing like I hoped he'd be. I really hope I'm wrong, though.

I didn't even see any multiple hatchet combos, but hopefully he has them.
My Thoughts exactly. I'm sorry but NRS has let me down with this game. Everything is underwhelming, perhaps this is a sign from the universe that the mortal kombat that I once knew and loved is no more. Everything is meh these days, I'm slowly moving on.

I watched it another 7 or 8 times... lol

I noticed a launcher, command grab, teleport, parry, projectile parry, buff, and only one string with a possible gap, and a low profiling lunge. Oh, and a partridge in a pear tree.

That is one complete character, ladies and gentlemen.
Don’t forget the hatchet to the balls!

Not going to dissect it too hard since we don't know what is or isn't in his Komp variations but good lord that victory pose...that is the sickest shit I have seen in a good while. Best in the game free.

I can't wait to get my hands on him, I am ready to dive into a new character and he looks sick!

Looks like he also has a KB off his amp shoulder charge special.

Not sure what the wolf buff does? Maybe it gives him more damage?
Ever heard of an old cartoon that aired back in the 80's called Brave Star? He was a Native American martial on a fictional planet called New Texas.

When he needed buffs he called for "Strength of the bear!" "Speed of the puma!", "Ears of the Wolf!", or "Eyes of the hawk!" Looks like some of the character designers were fans of that cartoon. I would assume the Wolf in this case is a speed buff.

Ever heard of an old cartoon that aired back in the 80's called Brave Star? He was a Native American martial on a fictional planet called New Texas.

When he needed buffs he called for "Strength of the bear!" "Speed of the puma!", "Ears of the Wolf!", or "Eyes of the hawk!" Looks like some of the character designers were fans of that cartoon. I would assume the Wolf in this case is a speed buff.
Wow I had never heard of the cartoon until you mentioned it, but after having a look on YouTube I totally agree it sure does look like it!

Not sure what the wolf buff does? Maybe it gives him more damage?
I've watched the trailer more times than I care to admit..
...but, I think it increases the opponent's recovery time allowing for one long combo. Notice how NW is able to seemingly string together multiple moves despite being separate. (Kabal stumbling more and NW even dashes mid combo)

Fucking Brave Star. That shot came on Cubo with Thundercats, Smurfs, and He-Man when I was younger. I grew up in the 90'as but we were poor so I had to watch channels antenna picked up. I didn't know anyone else knew about New Texas. Lmao