What's new

Next Mortal Kombat "confirmed" in development; will release alongside feature film

TWISTED_ANIMALITY

PSN: EMPEROR_TWISTED
In an interview brought on by GamerHubStudios during the San Diego Comic-Con questions were asked regarding the feature Mortal Kombat film that Kevin Tancharoen is directly. When asked when we can expect the feature film, what Lance Sloane said shortly after would excite the Mortal Kombat community. This isn't the first time the "next game" a.k.a. Mortal Kombat 10 was mentioned, but the development of "Mortal Kombat 10" is confirmed in this interview. The plan like mentioned sometime last year will be to release the movie alongside the game and nailing down the "business side" of it will likely determine when the game and movie begin to be advertised/announced.

GamerHub.TV: What is the current status when it comes to a Mortal Kombat movie?

Lance Sloane: Well, we’ve been in greenlight committee for a while at the studio. We’ve got a great script. And we’ve got a great director with Kevin Tancharoen. Who is on board. It’s just figuring out the business side of it and when we would do it and when we would launch it and how do we sync up with the launch of the game they’re working on now. It’s not 100% yet, but we’re getting closer every day.
You can hear Lance Sloane of Warner Bros confirm it in this interview at 1:26

Credit: WarpedZone.com

Edited by STORMS*

Attachments

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Whack. The PC version is a complete bust still can't play online with it. I bought MK9 on 360 on disc on Day zero, Mk9 on PS3 for disc, than digital for 360, digital for PS3 and finally the VITA version. All the console ports were so bad I hate consoles. So finally they bring it to my fav format (PC - yes Boon I asked so many times!) and they fall flat. I will boycott all the console releases from Netherrealmnot supporting terrible studios anymore. Lost enough money on this 'hobby' now I'm just casually interested in them not fucking up the PC version again. Also these films are awful.

TWISTED_ANIMALITY

PSN: EMPEROR_TWISTED
Whack. The PC version is a complete bust still can't play online with it. I bought MK9 on 360 on disc on Day zero, Mk9 on PS3 for disc, than digital for 360, digital for PS3 and finally the VITA version. All the console ports were so bad I hate consoles. So finally they bring it to my fav format (PC - yes Boon I asked so many times!) and they fall flat. I will boycott all the console releases from Netherrealmnot supporting terrible studios anymore. Lost enough money on this 'hobby' now I'm just casually interested in them not fucking up the PC version again. Also these films are awful.
*Gives Carefoot a hug* its gunna be ok buddy its gunna be ok

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
I would have preferred UMK9 first before MK10. Oh well.....
They never made a working PC version, or fixed the netcode. Let alone balance the C tier and the S+ tier.

I expect a messy mess. This is what my frustratation from MK9 is letting me know. If they cut Stryker than I can have an excuse to just ignore Nether forever. I remember when they made the preview for him like he was a real contender like in UMK. What a joke.
MK9 officially dead?
As of the PC release it is dead unless they patch everything (not happening homie) - add me on PC see if we can connect I doubt it 'Carefoot' on steam.