What's new

Next MK game will be MK Ultimate Edition

Based on their pattern of games. After MK1,2,3 and UMK3, we got Trilogy. After MK4,Deadly Alliance and Deception, we got Armageddon. Now that we have MK9,MKX and MK11, the next MK game will probably be some kind of ultimate edition and I’d be Absolutely fine with that.

They can end this generation with a bang and then move on to next generation. They can throw in all the fan favorite kharacters and stages. The story allows everyone to be available so we could see Mileena,Reptile,Ermac,Rain,Smoke,etc..

Add Babalities like MK9 and Hara Kiri’s. Bring back klassic special moves that we’re left out like Sonya’s leg grab and bicycle kick,Scorpion’s leg takedown,Sub Zero’s Ice clone,etc..

Roster

1.Scorpion
2.Sub-Zero
3.Raiden
4.Liu Kang
5.Fujin
6.Kung Lao
7.Kitana
8.Geras
9.Jade
10.Noob Saibot
11.Rain
12.Reptile
13.Sareena
14.Cassie Cage
15.Jacqui Briggs
16.Erron Black
17.Shang Tsung
18.Havik
19.Takeda
20.Kotal Kahn
21.Kung Jin
22.D'Vorah
23.Frost
24.Sindel
25.Hotaru
26.Reiko
27.Ermac
28.Baraka
29.Kabal
30.Mileena
31.Kano
32.Johnny Cage
33.Sonya
34.Jax
35.Quan Chi
36.Ashrah
37.Li Mei
38.Nightwolf
39.Sheeva
40.Cyrax
41.Sektor
42.Smoke
43.Shao Kahn
44.Goro
45.Shinnok
46.Stryker
47.Chameleon
48.Taven
49.Shujinko
50.Daegon
51.Kreate a kharacter slot P1
52.Kreate a kharacter slot P2

53.Spawn
54.Terminator
55.Joker
56.Ash Williams

Art Lean

Noob
With all due respect, both previous compilations were shit and poor collections of the previous instalments; ultimately far less than the sum of their parts.

I'm honestly quite happy with continued individual instalments if it means we'll never get another lazy and half-assed "greatest hits" package again that does nothing but tarnish the quality and effort made in the previous entries.

Last edited:
With all due respect, both previous compilations were shit and poor compilations of the previous instalments; ultimately far less than the sum of their parts.

I'm honestly quite happy with continued individual instalments if it means we'll never get another lazy and half-assed "greatest hits" package again that does nothing but tarnish the quality and effort made in the previous entries.
This. MKT and MKA were watered down artistically inconsistent mess compared to the games they represent.

Art Lean

Noob
This. MKT and MKA were watered down artistically inconsistent mess compared to the games they represent.
Absolutely.

"GUESS WHAT, KOMBAT FANS? Here's everything and everyone from MK1-UMK3 in one ULTIMATE PACKAGE!!!! Except there's a few MK1 levels missing, and those that are there no longer have animated backgrounds, or their original music, oh and the Pit 2 doesn't work, and we couldn't be bothered to reanimate any of the classic fatalities, and the textures for sides and top parts of the some levels are actually completely absent, and you can play as the bosses except they all handle like absolute garbage because they were clearly never meant to be controlled by the player so they're no fun in the slightest! Only £49.99!!!!"

Er... ok. No thanks, how about I just play MKs 1, 2 and U3 instead? :confused:

"GUESS WHAT, KOMBAT FANS? Here's everything from MKs Deadly Alliance and Deception and well as anyone who's ever been in Mortal Kombat in one ULTIMATE PACKAGE!!!!! Except Motoro's only got two legs, and no one has their own fatali..."

Woah you can stop RIGHT there! :eek:

Zviko

Noob
Next gen is already here with new consoles. The next MK game will probably be in 2024-25 or if they release Injustice next year then maybe 2023. We will be well into next gen by then. It wouldn't surprise me if they develop it on new engine as well which means roster as big as that is highly unlikely, especially at launch.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
You know what's weird. I don't really consider mk4 a part of the 3d era probably because it feels more like mk1-3 than deadly alliance- Armageddon. I always thought of it as more of a bridge between the two eras much like how mk vs DC is more of a bridge between the 3d era and the reboot era.

Long story short, every 4th game is more of a weird bridge the gap game between two eras, the past and present.

Art Lean

Noob
You know what's weird. I don't really consider mk4 a part of the 3d era probably because it feels more like mk1-3 than deadly alliance- Armageddon. I always thought of it as more of a bridge between the two eras much like how mk vs DC is more of a bridge between the 3d era and the reboot era.
No that's not weird at all and a very fair analysis of it. It still existed during the whole era of old school 90s Mortal Kombat that continually associated itself with the 2D period;
  • The gameplay was still rigidly 2D with merely a 3D graphical design and manual side-step button that still retains the 2D gameplay regardless and is fundamentally just a clunky 'dodge' button. The characters still all basically play exactly the same, except for their special moves, as per the 2D games.
  • It followed directly on from the last digitised 2D Mortal Kombat release, Mythologies, that featured the debut of Shinnok and Fujin as well as the origin of backgrounds like Shaolin Temple and The Prison.
  • Quan Chi had previously only appeared in the MK3 cartoon Defenders of the Realm and the 2D digitised game Mythologies
  • It released the same year as the movie Annihilation which featured both MK3's storyline along with the inclusion of Shinnok
  • MK Conquest telling the story of the Great Kung Lao 500 years before MK1 but featuring both Quan Chi and Reiko wouldn't even release until 1998
  • Sub Zero was based off his appearance in MK Mythologies
  • Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon were all constructed on the exact same engine. Deadly Alliance itself introducing the major gameplay overhauls that resulted in every fighter playing completely differently, full three-dimensional movement and major character redesigns, effectively acting as something of a soft-reboot of the franchise, even so far as to drop numbers from being in the title.
MK4 still had so much of itself embedded in 90s 2D Mortal Kombat and its spin-off media that it was really just a lick of (ugly) paint for the same old game. I don't consider the 3D era as beginning until Deadly Alliance either.

Last edited: