What's new

Newb Idiot never played UMK3, Questions.

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Seriously, I had no idea that you could even do more then like a 3 or 4 hit combo in UMK3. I thought it was later Mortal Kombat's that let you do 35% to 50% combos. Watched some tournament gameplay of UMK3 once, and it was the wrong video, it was a spam fest, didn't see a single combo, was like the fuk?

So years later, oh yeah that was like years ago. After playing MK9 heavily to the point of hitting up my first major, EVO in 2011. I just now really looked at UMK3 since I was a kid, and oh my god it looks sick. I watched some 2014 tournament footage with some actual good players, watched some combo videos, yeah it looks legit. But i'm going to get to these questions and I appreciate input on the questions!

1. What platform should I buy UMK3 on? I have all the platforms UMK3 has been released on.

2. What is the learning curve, progression, skill cap, that kind of thing in comparison to MK9 and MKX?

3. How many people still play it?

Thank you for your input!

Last edited:

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
yeah i played trilogy but i didn't know wth i was doing outside of basic attacks and specials & 4 hit combos. Its a perfect game for just playing by yourself or with friends local. It takes great skill to use Kintaro, it took me months to get his teleport stomp, but i finally achieved it, lul, no the bosses were fun to play around with.

I guess I can hook up my PS3 and get the MK Kollection, I didn't even know about it until after making the thread. I did not factor in UMK3 on PS3 when making the thread. I thought it was just on PS2 and SNES lol rip. I may still grab it somewhere online for SNES though, pick up a sony trinitron crt local for free somewhere, old school it up.

Last edited: