What's new

New with Kenshi.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey everybody, I just picked up kenshi this past week, and I like to think I have the general idea behind him, but I seem to be having trouble with a couple of things. I am picking him up because he seems like the perfect compliment to reptile's worst mu's.

1) What is kenshi's general zoning strategy, how should I use each of his zoning tools?

2) What are some good pressure strings to use?

3) Should I overall stay aggressive and pressure, or sit back and try to zone?

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
use b2and as your spacing.

use f2,2 b2 or the rising sword on a hit confirm. on block always do b2 since its adv. you can also end the rising sword with shoulder to become safe.

use ex shoulder on cross ups and to get people off you.

always do far away sky slash move to stuff wake ups. doesn't work on teleporters however, works on everything else.

a nice poke is dash d4 rising karma.

after a reflect you can telefurry.

That is the basics.

When you zone do it like the flak AA gun... when you are targeting a moving target you aim past them on the left, past them on the right, then repeat but close the aiming. this will restrict their movement. so with kenshi you do full screen down slash, medium slash, wait. full screen slash, CLose* slash, wait. mix in shoulders with down slashes as well and telefurries. it's hard to explain but watch michealangelo he does it well.

This is just my opinion on how to zone with kenshi. Unlike ermac, you are looking to lock down space ahead of them rather than hit them. Simply because you can space jip range with b2 and rising karma on reaction, outside of that you want them to not know if they should jump, duck or dash block.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I'd have to suggest, NOT using d4, RK as a poke. RK leaves you at too much of a disadvantage and you will get blown up. D4 into SC or d3 into SC are safer. If you are landing the d4 you get priority to start whichever string you like best Either f2,2,b2 SC for more block pressure, or 1,1,4 exRK to give you some breathing room. Also, if your opponent likes to turtle, do 1,1, pause 1,1,4 SC or 1,1, pause, 21b2 rk.

And the key to Kenshi is balance. Just like Kitana, you can win a match zoning all day if your opponent doesn't know how to get in, but not learning his up close game will kill you. Never rush in if your zoning is working, and never zone if you're getting outzoned. The balance comes with practice.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
I'd have to suggest, NOT using d4, RK as a poke. RK leaves you at too much of a disadvantage and you will get blown up. D4 into SC or d3 into SC are safer. If you are landing the d4 you get priority to start whichever string you like best Either f2,2,b2 SC for more block pressure, or 1,1,4 exRK to give you some breathing room. Also, if your opponent likes to turtle, do 1,1, pause 1,1,4 SC or 1,1, pause, 21b2 rk.

And the key to Kenshi is balance. Just like Kitana, you can win a match zoning all day if your opponent doesn't know how to get in, but not learning his up close game will kill you. Never rush in if your zoning is working, and never zone if you're getting outzoned. The balance comes with practice.
also, on jip 114 sc is super ridic safe. you are pushed like full jump distance. on the ground, 11 is all high i believe so watch out. i prefer the swinging swords (f22) or simply a b2.

with correct spacing you can b2 for ground control and gain adv on block and the spacing you maintain allows for rk/sc on reaction to jump ins which is why i prefer this.

you can also d1 rk ala ermac telelift so people will be aware once you pop it... just gotta be quick on that one =)

whats up everybody i finally got around to making an account, and i just started playing kenshi and i am droping my main for him , hes amazing and this is really going to help thanks alot

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Why is that? LOL also you down for games at some point today?

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer
I was messing with Kenshi last night in training a bit and liked him a lot, then I stumble into his forum end up at this thread and got sucked into the 10 minute Under_The_Mayo video........which makes me want to leave work right now and do corner combos in training mode for the rest of the day (course).

Hopefully I will have some time today to play. I've been checking to see if you were online the past few days and looks like we've been missing each other lately. I should be home around 5ish and have some time to play until I get dragged kicking and screaming to the grocery store :p...maybe later on tonight too depending on what's going down.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I was messing with Kenshi last night in training a bit and liked him a lot, then I stumble into his forum end up at this thread and got sucked into the 10 minute Under_The_Mayo video........which makes me want to leave work right now and do corner combos in training mode for the rest of the day (course).

Hopefully I will have some time today to play. I've been checking to see if you were online the past few days and looks like we've been missing each other lately. I should be home around 5ish and have some time to play until I get dragged kicking and screaming to the grocery store :p...maybe later on tonight too depending on what's going down.
Gotcha lol

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer