What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kotal Kahn New Use for B+3,2 String (New Patch)

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Can someone explain the circumstances that makes this +10? What I think is if you hit with the later active frames the move is inherently more plus because +2 is if you were to hit with the first active frame. If that's the case then not just on knockdown, but also as a neutral move that gets in and can guarantee pressure when connecting right.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
I wouldn't say he is broke. He can't go full re_tard with b1 anymore, and f1b2 is punishable by a lot of the cast. No more armor on OH sword normalizes him. He is now what he was always supposed to be I feel like, a footsie character that hits like a truck.

So is War God still the "better" variation, or is Sun God edging out because of how more neutral centric the game has become allowing for Command Grabs to be a very viable way of opening someone up?

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
So is War God still the "better" variation, or is Sun God edging out because of how more neutral centric the game has become allowing for Command Grabs to be a very viable way of opening someone up?
Well, war God still has all of his mixups off b122, so if you can get enough respect to get that string then all the sword shenanigans remain. And he has more options for armor. In my humble opinion WG will end up on top because of sword shake.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
i kn
Its a good thing REO is here to remind scrubs that fighting game fundamentals such as meaties exist, they actually will listen to him (maybe)
ow right we say iot and they ignor and Act like they know better, first ting looked at patch, Seen B1 was high, Kotal Scrubs Freaked out so much they overlooked a few lines down saying B32 MID is Plus 2 on Block. the New B1 stagger and New 114, and then they complained about 114 being Plus 1 again lol.
yeah he is still great and i think Broke in this meta, Gonna be a force to be reckoned with:D

mkl

Poopbutt.
+10 if you guess that they will choose a circumstantial delayed wakeup > b1 being mid and actually makes Kotal far better than he was when b1 was mid. The fucking things you read on TYM looooooooooool

Can someone explain the circumstances that makes this +10? What I think is if you hit with the later active frames the move is inherently more plus because +2 is if you were to hit with the first active frame. If that's the case then not just on knockdown, but also as a neutral move that gets in and can guarantee pressure when connecting right.
It's because if you time the b32 perfectly during this scenario the second hit will perfectly meaty them on the last active frame of its completion thus it doesn't have any recovery frames. So its 8 active frames get dumped into the advantage on block. It will not always be +10 on block. You could get this anywhere from +2 to +10 depending on how shitty your timing is. Theoretically if this hit during this scenario you might be able to combo with d1 like those bootleg double njp combos.

Last edited:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
+10 if you guess that they will choose a circumstantial delayed wakeup > b1 being mid and actually makes Kotal far better than he was when b1 was mid. The fucking things you read on TYM looooooooooool
Yup. I really appreciate the work some people put in around here and the knowledge you can gain, but some TYM posters are out of their minds. Some of the reactions in this thread are a perfect example. I mean, it's real nice that Kotal has a way to possibly get 10 frames of advantage in the corner off a knock down (provided you time it exactly right) into a pressure string or a throw - but what world do you have to be living in to act like this is some OP broken tech that also puts anyone who complained about the B1 nerf in their place? It's advantage off a meaty, cool and I'm definitely grateful Reo shared it, but nothing too crazy.

Mind you, that's not to say the people being hysterical about B1 are right. The overreactions in both directions are ridiculous. Kotal took a sharp nerf but overall looks equipped to deal with the playing field as it stands now. There is no need to flip tables over it or act like a nerf was somehow a double-reverse-secret buff in disguise.

Many thanks to Reo for all the awesome post patch videos and tech. Doing the Lord's work.

Slavaslave

Professional Casual
Yup. I really appreciate the work some people put in around here and the knowledge you can gain, but some TYM posters are out of their minds. Some of the reactions in this thread are a perfect example. I mean, it's real nice that Kotal has a way to possibly get 10 frames of advantage in the corner off a knock down (provided you time it exactly right) into a pressure string or a throw - but what world do you have to be living in to act like this is some OP broken tech that also puts anyone who complained about the B1 nerf in their place? It's advantage off a meaty, cool and I'm definitely grateful Reo shared it, but nothing too crazy.

Mind you, that's not to say the people being hysterical about B1 are right. The overreactions in both directions are ridiculous. Kotal took a sharp nerf but overall looks equipped to deal with the playing field as it stands now. There is no need to flip tables over it or act like a nerf was somehow a double-reverse-secret buff in disguise.

Many thanks to Reo for all the awesome post patch videos and tech. Doing the Lord's work.

I think the general attitude of the more moderate Kotal players is that he has changed, but not for worse/better. With the changes to f1/f12 we have more tools for footsies and you're right a circumstantial +10 isnt great, but a 2/3 screen +2 meaty is a fairly big deal.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
This makes him broke? God tym loves to overreact to everything. Why does everyone only think of war god when comes to kk? The b1 nerf hurts sun god and especially blood god, I don't give two shits about war god. That's why kk mains are upset, some of us actually used his other variations. No he's not garbage now, no he's not terrible, but they are undoubtedly negatively affected and neither variation needed any changes. I'd be ok with the sunstone change but they gave war god +12 on his sword toss. Why make sun stone +6 if war God is still gonna have most of his plus frames on his projectile? Overall I love the patch, but kk got the only truly baffling nerf.

Idk why in the world Cassie cage still keeps her mid b1, arguably the best button in the game, but kk b1 needs to go..

Anyways, good find REO, this will help blood god a lot.

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
I'd be ok with the sunstone change but they gave war god +12 on his sword toss. Why make sun stone +6 if war God is still gonna have most of his plus frames on his projectile? Overall I love the patch, but kk got the only truly baffling nerf.

Idk why in the world Cassie cage still keeps her mid b1, arguably the best button in the game, but kk b1 needs to go..

Anyways, good find REO, this will help blood god a lot.
+6 sunstone vs +12 sword.
That's a good point man.
I don't think the absence of b1 is all that bad, it was a bit dumb to begin with.
I'd like them to give him the Mileena treatment and sped up the move to 7f, now that it's a high.

The obsidian totem nerf is far more severe, but in theory you could do more setups with the obsidian totem on knockdown, cuz sometimes if you have def totem up it won't go away by the end of a combo it was still active for a second which dosen't really give him anything.

Now you could go for another def totem again.

Kotal has just changed imo, just gotta be creative and work around his weaker areas.