What's new

New Universal OS found by Noble Raptor

Noble Raptor, creator of the Kombat Akademy and NRS walkthrough guru has found a universal OS that can make any string in the game safe on block. Yes, any string, any character. He has two videos up with places this will be more useful with other people dropping examples in the comments.

In the video above, you can see it in action. Basically, you cancel out the ending frames of a string by hitting a button before and after the last hit. If they block, the string is canceled out and you just get a hit. If they don't, it just comes out normally. So yeah, that seems pretty good. You can test it out yourself and see what success you can have with it, but this seems to really help Scorpion and characters with stagger based pressure.

Comments

Mid level players are not gonna be affected by this for the most part because most of the people in the community are not gonna know about this, how it functions, & how to execute it. Their were worse OSes in various games that while they made Top level competition wild See SFIV below that stuff was whatever.

Sounds like it's breaking the spirit of how the game is supposed to be played/made. I'm not interested.

Seems like one of those things that could be real hard to fix without breaking other things. Hope that's not the case. I rather it not be a thing.

The “this was already known” crowd is out and about I see. “Just didn’t post it because I thought it was common knowledge”, or “this has been a thing how did people not know about it”.

Yeah okay.
Idk about scrubs like you who need to just git gud, but I was doing this on MK7 arcade cabinets against the Quiles bros way back when they were still just called Forever Prince and Taquito Voorhees.

How is the game supposed to be played? Not looking to start flame war I'm justcurious about what you mean.
How could you not understand what he means? Obviously certain strings are meant to be unsafe by design. This OS makes those strings safe. It is pretty obvious that will change how the game is played and deviate from the developers intentions when they designed their frame data around what they thought was balancing very strong strings by having risk to using them...

This is terrible for the game, but prob won't affect the level that I play at.
Won't make tournaments any fun to watch if the top levels get this down.
Congrats raptor for breaking Mk11, lol.

correct.

now it is just amplified because people will OS string everything that could lead to unsafeness. Gap strings.... no more gaps.... punishable strings... no longer. Hard reads? nope.
Just... safe strings into auto shimmies into throws. The only hard read is "when you gonna throw me bro"
I can't even think of 5 unsafe , non-confirmable strings in this game. Even in the strings that you could use it , you probably wouldn't because you need them for stagger pressure.

Jax,geras and liu are braindead chars (especially liu)because they have such good frames so they just spam the same strings with 0 risk so they do not even need to think or lay plans or the most important thing in fighting games PLAY REACTIVELY !they dont even care what their opponent is doing because their moves is better than the others!all 3 of them they can zone you,frame trap you,combo the shit out of you,they have staggers easy krushing blows good footsies and because of that they are braindead and play like bots!there is 0 logic 1 char to be good to everything !everyone must have good and bad !and if you dont believe me check the KL and you will see only lius,jaxs and geras and that means a lot !
wish there was a way to dislike a post.

I really like this game, play it a lot and I have lots of fun most of the time but there is just something off with the amount of option selects that are possible to do.

I ran into a Liu Kang player in KL amd he wasn’t bad, but not good either and I felt that I wasn’t really playing MK11 but a big OS simulator lol.

Whenever he tried to pressure me I was OSing his staggers and poking him back. When he tried to jump in on me I was OS Flawless blocking his jumps and punishing him with reversal U2. Got him knocked down and kept OSing his wakeups until he stopped entirely. Pressured him with OSed strings and auto shimmys and whenever he blocked me I was also OSing flawless block reversals to punish him and never give up my turn.

I know that the better players will catch up to some of the OSes but idk... it just feels off sometimes.

I can't even think of 5 unsafe , non-confirmable strings in this game. Even in the strings that you could use it , you probably wouldn't because you need them for stagger pressure.
You can’t confirm most of the auto shimmys in the second hit without this. You can’t confirm Sonya’s or Sub’s 50/50 without this. You can’t confirm unsafe footsie tools like Cetrion’s F23 or Scorp’s F32 without this. There are tons of moves in this game that jump to ridiculous tier when you learn the OS.

You can’t confirm most of the auto shimmys in the second hit without this. You can’t confirm Sonya’s or Sub’s 50/50 without this. You can’t confirm unsafe footsie tools like Cetrion’s F23 or Scorp’s F32 without this. There are tons of moves in this game that jump to ridiculous tier when you learn the OS.
The point of F32 is that you WANT it to come ouy after a blocked F3 and punish attempts to check the f3 stagger. And sonyas overhead is unsafe regardless of whether you do b12 or b123.
This OS may have some use , but it's a far cry from vanilla MKX OSs .

Nobody is punishing Sonya's B12. Usually you're waiting to see if the player fully commits to go in for a punish. The full string has deceptive block stun, so one cant hesitate for even a nano second. This is why Sonya players get away with horse shart like low profiling checks after being -9 off B12, they know their opponent is holding it.

Re: The OS, this definitely shifts the tiers and muddies the great name of Boon.
Sonic is already mastering Cassie's 11 auto shimmy OS of death. :eek:

The point of F32 is that you WANT it to come ouy after a blocked F3 and punish attempts to check the f3 stagger. And sonyas overhead is unsafe regardless of whether you do b12 or b123.
This OS may have some use , but it's a far cry from vanilla MKX OSs .
Yeah but that is a hard read. If you are wrong and the opponent keeps blocking the string you get blown up.

Yeah but that is a hard read. If you are wrong and the opponent keeps blocking the string you get blown up.
And if you're OSing F3 nobody will let you actually stagger it when the threat of f32/4 isn't there. And if you think that you can switch between OSing and not mid-stagger vs a person that's fighting back , well good luck with that.

Look at it this way.

Sonyas B12. Yes you can stagger this to make it safe right?

But what if you could stagger it, AND also combo off of it in one decision. You get the benefits and safety of the stagger, but if it does hit you also get the benefit of 35+ in damage.

That's what makes it bonkers. For Certain characters it's not a huge deal...but for others it's kind of nutty.