What's new

New Universal OS found by Noble Raptor

Noble Raptor, creator of the Kombat Akademy and NRS walkthrough guru has found a universal OS that can make any string in the game safe on block. Yes, any string, any character. He has two videos up with places this will be more useful with other people dropping examples in the comments.

In the video above, you can see it in action. Basically, you cancel out the ending frames of a string by hitting a button before and after the last hit. If they block, the string is canceled out and you just get a hit. If they don't, it just comes out normally. So yeah, that seems pretty good. You can test it out yourself and see what success you can have with it, but this seems to really help Scorpion and characters with stagger based pressure.

Comments

Makes sense now. I was fighting a scorpion yesterday and he was doing this. I just thought his hit confirms were just crazy on point.

Not gonna bother learning this and one of two results will happen:

1. It will get patched out (as it should) and it won't matter.

2. It won't get patched and the game will become boring af because there's no risk/reward and no hard reads. In this scenario, I'll more than likely drop the game.

Does the difficulty change if you change the input window?

I used a similar technique in mk9 to cancel the special input. If you put in string+special you could double tap a direction if the string was blocked and it would cancel the special. Great for the older players :D

I used a similar technique in mk9 to cancel the special input. If you put in string+special you could double tap a direction if the string was blocked and it would cancel the special. Great for the older players :D
I remember it being a single tap but yeah it was a similar style to this.

It would make sense that input window would affect this

I know people are saying this existed since MK9 but if anyone remembers, a similar OS existed in MKX and was patched out (you could finish a string or cancel it into a launcher with some characters). If this becomes practical tech that we start seeing in tournament, I would expect NRS to get rid of it. Never been a fan of OSes and I don't want it in a game that's focused on neutral and reads instead of tech.

The only patch this is getting is Raptors' tutorial on how to do it.

I doubt they can change how the game engine works fast enough and properly for this to matter.

Welcome to "when will you throw me? the game!"

Just in case no one seen it here is the video explanation of the string cancel OS:

This will no doubt be patched out Because its Broke AF to make every move Option Delectable and safe even special cancels. But don't expect it to be patched soon. I suggest everyone learn this tech and apply it to their characters.

What he is doing is:
Using a string that is unsafe like Cetrion F234 that will only come out On hit Because you are canceling the move before the unsafe part of the string by pressing L1 before the unsafe string and after. And you are timing the last L1 to be pressed after the blockstun but during hitstun so it don't come out on block. Just like any other OS.
So Scorpions F32 is -25 on block becomes safe.
The input is F3 (L1)2 delay (L1) Teleport.

On hit the 2 will come out and teleport after but on block only F3 will.

This thread shows who has been playing games longer than the few years since Mk9 m8. Nothing new here. They could remove the buffer but then it would be hard for those who did not grow up with the old 90's fighters. I cannot play without it anymore either tbh..up to this day i stopped bothering with kof combos lol, but the comments here are funny so I am going to leave one as well :^)

This thread shows who has been playing games longer than the few years since Mk9 m8. Nothing new here. They could remove the buffer but then it would be hard for those who did not grow up with the old 90's fighters. I cannot play without it anymore either tbh..up to this day i stopped bothering with kof combos lol, but the comments here are funny so I am going to leave one as well :^)
Oh cool, Can I see your gameplay vids from about a week ago? I want to see what this looks like in action.