What's new

New Universal OS found by Noble Raptor

Noble Raptor, creator of the Kombat Akademy and NRS walkthrough guru has found a universal OS that can make any string in the game safe on block. Yes, any string, any character. He has two videos up with places this will be more useful with other people dropping examples in the comments.

In the video above, you can see it in action. Basically, you cancel out the ending frames of a string by hitting a button before and after the last hit. If they block, the string is canceled out and you just get a hit. If they don't, it just comes out normally. So yeah, that seems pretty good. You can test it out yourself and see what success you can have with it, but this seems to really help Scorpion and characters with stagger based pressure.

Comments

No wonder I've been getting Scorp lately, seems a lot of them are trying to do this now. So a way to make safe strings even safer? Lovely. I hope NRS is keeping notes.

Can you still hit confirm into a special if the string lands or does the os prevent the string from being special cancellable on hit?

Don't worry. This is no casual feat to pull off at all.
It is !you just need to go to practice and practice it for a bit and then boom you dont need to hit confirm anymore !now you can can play even more braindead and just spam buttons like you are a bot or something! grats NRS you did it again !this is the only fighting game that I feel that I am playing vs bots and not versus humans (especially vs liu ,kang,jax and geras)

It is !you just need to go to practice and practice it for a bit and then boom you dont need to hit confirm anymore !now you can can play even more braindead and just spam buttons like you are a bot or something! grats NRS you did it again !this is the only fighting game that I feel that I am playing vs bots and not versus humans (especially vs liu ,kang,jax and geras)
I do f341+3 againgst bots all the time. Despite the string being -16 on block, it always hits because the bots stop blocking after the first or second button. Humans don't do that. Don't know what you're talking about.

No, I don't really think it will be a common used thing. I tried it with Sub's F2. I can't imagine pulliing it off in match in heat of the moment. Timing on pressing those buttons is super awkward. Like at the same time I can see robots like NinjaKilla or SonicFox using it to make their autoshimmies os-able and yeah. I would prefet it to be addressed since I endjoy watching game on highest level and if players will be able to exploit it it would be bad.

I do f341+3 againgst bots all the time. Despite the string being -16 on block, it always hits because the bots stop blocking after the first or second button. Humans don't do that. Don't know what you're talking about.
Jax,geras and liu are braindead chars (especially liu)because they have such good frames so they just spam the same strings with 0 risk so they do not even need to think or lay plans or the most important thing in fighting games PLAY REACTIVELY !they dont even care what their opponent is doing because their moves is better than the others!all 3 of them they can zone you,frame trap you,combo the shit out of you,they have staggers easy krushing blows good footsies and because of that they are braindead and play like bots!there is 0 logic 1 char to be good to everything !everyone must have good and bad !and if you dont believe me check the KL and you will see only lius,jaxs and geras and that means a lot !

Jax,geras and liu are braindead chars (especially liu)because they have such good frames so they just spam the same strings with 0 risk so they do not even need to think or lay plans or the most important thing in fighting games PLAY REACTIVELY !they dont even care what their opponent is doing because their moves is better than the others!all 3 of them they can zone you,frame trap you,combo the shit out of you,they have staggers easy krushing blows good footsies and because of that they are braindead and play like bots!there is 0 logic 1 char to be good to everything !everyone must have good and bad !and if you dont believe me check the KL and you will see only lius,jaxs and geras and that means a lot !
You sound like you need the opposite of dug tig

You sound like you need the opposite of dug tig
Hahahah "opposite of dug tig"!!good one!no I dont I win vs them most of the time I am demi God and on my way for god now but it sucks that I must put 3 times the effort to win them and they can win with out an effort!and when somebody says get gud in a topic like that it means that you pal are a tier whore and I am prety sure you main 1 of those that mentioned above so get gud and start playing some other characters that are not braindead and you will enjoy this game more

Last edited:
I don't get it. You're saying you're good at the game, but are mad at the game. Make up your mind, guy.

Hahahah "opposite of dug tig"!!good one!no I dont I win vs them most of the time I am demi God and on my way for god now but it sucks that I must put 3 times the effort to win them and they can win with out an effort!and when somebody says get gud in a topic like that it means that you pal are a tier whore and I am prety sure you main 1 of those that mentioned above so get gud and start playing some other characters that are not braindead and you will enjoy this game more
Yeah my name is braindead I play braindead chars like Kotal

Anyone saying this isn’t a big deal just hasn’t seen the full picture.

Just some examples, and some of the easiest ones to execute:

Liu’s auto shimmy

12 L2 4 - if the string hits at the first or second hit he goes straight into 4 for a full combo. If it doesn’t he’ll stop at 12.

Cassie’s auto shimmy

The only downside it had was being unsafe but it is not anymore. 11 L2 1 DB1 will make 11 come out on block and the third hit canceled into her launcher come out if it hits at any point.

Cetrion’s F2

This advancing mid has huge hitbox but is unsafe after the first hit. Doing F2 L2 3 will make the second hit only come out if F2 hits, eliminating any risk involving that string.

Sub’s F24

F2 L2 4 into safe overhead bois.

All of those I mentioned above take 2 minutes to learn and can be done in real matches with little effort.

It has to go.

Anyone saying this isn’t a big deal just hasn’t seen the full picture.

Just some examples, and some of the easiest ones to execute:

Liu’s auto shimmy

12 L2 4 - if the string hits at the first or second hit he goes straight into 4 for a full combo. If it doesn’t he’ll stop at 12.

Cassie’s auto shimmy

The only downside it had was being unsafe but it is not anymore. 11 L2 1 DB1 will make 11 come out on block and the third hit canceled into her launcher come out if it hits at any point.

Cetrion’s F2

This advancing mid has huge hitbox but is unsafe after the first hit. Doing F2 L2 3 will make the second hit only come out if F2 hits, eliminating any risk involving that string.

Sub’s F24

F2 L2 4 into safe overhead bois.

All of those I mentioned above take 2 minutes to learn and can be done in real matches with little effort.

It has to go.
Did you test these yourself? Because everyone thinks the inputs are simple but the problem is the timing is too hard.

Sonic himself said the timing is hard.

Testing with Kotals F34, inputting throw button after 3 and 4.

The timing is veeeery specific and if done too fast or too slow the string won't come out on hit

EDIT
Different timing for different strings. Sub Zeros F24 is EZPZ

Last edited:
Did you test these yourself? Because everyone thinks the inputs are simple but the problem is the timing is too hard.

Sonic himself said the timing is hard.
Yep, with the exception of Cetrion’s.

It is really not that hard... I was using Shang’s one online and having like 90% success rate with it on day 1 with a few minutes of training mode.

My execution is really not that great and I tend to stay away from stuff like this for this specific reason but I didn’t find this one to be hard at all.

Of course, there are exceptions. NW’s are tricky for the most part, Jade’s are too and a some characters have very execution heavy stuff with it, but for the most part you can practice a few hours and be good to go.

The timing is veeeery specific and if done too fast or too slow the string won't come out on hit
This is on more thing ^.

in most cases, when you mess up, the inputs simply won’t come out on hit so you’ll stay safe, only not able to confirm a situation you probably wouldn’t be confirming anyway.

Without getting too deep into this thread, is this OS actually realistically doable online or it's one of those OS where you have to be Sonicfox himself?

Without getting too deep into this thread, is this OS actually realistically doable online or it's one of those OS where you have to be Sonicfox himself?
It is very doable for a lot of characters. Some of course are hard, but the majority are pretty simple.

The most broken one IMO is Kang’s 124 and it is stupid easy with the possibility of improvement.

Doing 12 L2 4 will make it it work and you can confirm the 24 part if it does. But If you are feeling lazy you can just do 12 L2 4 L2 BF4 - 124 bike kicks will come out on hit, 12 F4 will come out on block.

The OS is realistically doable. What people are forgetting is some moves are easier to OS than others. Everyone should try to go into practice mode with their character and try this out on a specific move that they are thinking about OS'ing if they are worried about it being too hard, it might be easier than you think. Now, although I don't think I will see this in a casual kombat league match, I do think that even at higher levels of ranked and definitely on the pro level this will become apparent and maybe apart of the meta in this future (if this stays unpatched).