What's new

New Trailer: Introducing The Flash

carrion4worm

king of the underground
I meant to reuse of other characters moves/ animations though, not legacy ones. Prime examples are Flash having Kitana's fan lift, Kung Lao's spin, and MK9 Smoke's teleport punch. I know all fighting games do this but NRS seems to go a bit overboard with it. Makes them come off as either being unimaginative or lazy in eyes.
You may have a point. Before you know it, I bet they will incorporate identical movesets with only simple "pallete swaps" to differentiate...
I remember when another developer tried that scam, and we, the people, voted with our wallets!

R.I.P. Capcom/ Street Fighter (never allowed to live)
#lazyineyes

Last edited:
You may have a point. Before you know it, I bet they will incorporate identical movesets with only simple "pallet swaps" to differentiate...
I remember when another developer tried that scam, and we, the people, voted with our wallets!

R.I.P. Capcom/ Street Fighter (never allowed to live)
#lazyineyes
Not sure how sarcastic you were being, but you did make me remember that a large part of NRS history is based on recycling moves and palette swaps. So I guess expecting them not to continue the tradition would be silly.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Not sure how sarcastic you were being, but you did make me remember that a large part of NRS history is based on recycling moves and palette swaps. So I guess expecting them not to continue the tradition would be silly.
I liked this post because you sir, get it.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I picked up IGAU a few months ago and have played Flash exclusively. I'm glad he has his B2, F2, and D1 back. I just hope they fix his F2,1 string that wiffs after the overhead when the opponent crouches.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
People really need to learn the difference between "Those moves look similar" and "Those moves have the same animation". NRS rarely reuses animations, even when moves end up looking really similar.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I meant to reuse of other characters moves/ animations though, not legacy ones. Prime examples are Flash having Kitana's fan lift, Kung Lao's spin, and MK9 Smoke's teleport punch. I know all fighting games do this but NRS seems to go a bit overboard with it. Makes them come off as either being unimaginative or lazy in my eyes.
Oh I see what you're saying. I mean I guess I don't mind it too much because it's not like they are copying off of Street Fighter or Tekken or something, they are copying something from their own franchise. If the characters are similar enough. Like I don't mind Captian Cold getting Sub Zero's MK2 floor puddle, because they're both characters who use ice to attack so it makes sense haha. It's kind of like they are giving a shoutout to the MK characters in a way

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Easily the best XRAY in the game so far, however it would have been better if the opponent would smash on himself before time travelling as well, not to cause any paradox.