What's new

Question New to MMH, help me? (closed)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I know he has been out for a while, but with the new patch, I'm hoping you guys could "show me the ropes."

By this I mean what is his new bnb, how should I go about his zoning (as it seems whoever mashes dash is in my face instantly), mixups, and just any tech that would be helpful.

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
I know he has been out for a while, but with the new patch, I'm hoping you guys could "show me the ropes."

By this I mean what is his new bnb, how should I go about his zoning (as it seems whoever mashes dash is in my face instantly), mixups, and just any tech that would be helpful.
When you are zoning you and they like to blindly dash in, I'll try to MB the overhead projectiles that come from the sky, or MB a close psyche orb. F2U1 can be canceled into tele on block. You can get a psyche orb into air dash cross up after a MB BF2. I like to mix up with B1 DB1, and B2 DB1, and dat trusty OH Teleport. For his trait BnB I usually do 22B3, F123, 22BF3, B3, J3xxTeleport. And my non trait BNB is something like 22DB1 MB, B3, Ji3, J3xxtele, 22 BF3. His J1 can be used as an instant air overhead.

Espio

Kokomo
Check out Infra Dead's combo thread for tons of various combos off various starters.

Something simple: 2,2, back 3, jump 3, regular teleport, 2,2, phase charge/push (for more complicated combos check out the thread I mentioned above, it's stickied).

Most of the zoning is making a read on your opponent's movement it just takes time to get his style of zoning down. Put up MB orbs to slow down and restrict movement and the threat of overhead teleport can help accent your zoning nicely as people have to look out for that as well as deal with your zoning.

Trait comes back every eight seconds and with it active he outfootsies pretty much every character.

You've got things like 1,1, 2 that grant a hard knockdown and you can do overhead teleport that crosses up. Jump in instant overhead teleport is useful and combos too.

For string wise mix ups:

back 1,2 is a low starter that's plus on block, you can cancel the second hit into Martian grab for full combo, which is of course a low.

back 2,3,3,3/back 2 martian grab is an ovehead starter that you can add a low onto at the end.

1,1,2 (last hit is overhead), but with trait active it becomes high, low, overhead.

His throw range is amazing, abuse it.

MB orbs up close in pressure off of things like 2,2 MB orb or back 1, MB orb etc is good for sustained pressure and mix ups...they're so plus that your follow ups are guaranteed on block.

Trait 3 is a 10 frame anti-air with superb range.

Work on incorporating MB air dash and regular air dash off of hard knockdowns to open people up.

That should be a good starting point I think.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Some general tips:

Starting fight with - trait, 3 is usually a good / universal way.

Always put an orb after opponent knockdown, usually followed by TKS or Pillar (you can combo from MB Pillar or any orb).

Psonic Push is the best wake up tools tho it can be beaten, mix it up with Martian Grab which is a good option too.

Learn atleast easy combo after OHTP connects, something like: 2,2,TP,2,2, Phase Charge. Your destination is: F2,D3/MB MG,B3,JI3-TP-F1,2/Phase Charge (one bar - 39%)

Always use trait in "footsies" war, from time to time use TP (be careful thou its unsafe on block) to restrict fast dashes also use to finnish them off if they have like 1 pixel of life.

Last edited: