What's new

New to harley, need help.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hey guys, decided to pick up Harley since I'm interested in her, I need some help though.

What is her gameplan is she a rushdown character with annoying zoning like Joker?

What are her main setups and when does she get to apply them?

Where is she in the tier list and what are her bad matchups? I'm picking her up either way but it's important for me to know.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Hey guys, decided to pick up Harley since I'm interested in her, I need some help though.

What is her gameplan is she a rushdown character with annoying zoning like Joker?

What are her main setups and when does she get to apply them?

Where is she in the tier list and what are her bad matchups? I'm picking her up either way but it's important for me to know.

The Flash can spam safely the normal lightning charge at a certain range against her. Pick another one.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The Flash can spam safely the normal lightning charge at a certain range against her. Pick another one.
Not picking her for flash, just as a new character.

I still play BA for really bad Joker matchups.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I remember when she used to have a 1/3 chance to do a guaranteed 100% reset on you. :\

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
She a mix of a gimmick rushdown and zoning, she has some bad MU but they're not blowouts. Really her bad MU that I can think of is Sinestro ( if kept full screen), Aquaman, and starting to think Lobo cause of his damage from the patch.

RM Truth

In addition you have to be careful because a lot of characters can jump forward an j2 for full combo if you abuse it, but they have to make a read.

RM Truth

One more thing that I learned playing NewbieSauce last week is that if you crouch block her cartwheel, its -6, meaning you can't punish it, but if you block the slide, and then stand block the cartwheel, you're -7 which means its full combo punish for most characters.

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
Ok, I get those, what are her footsie options?
After the dash in I like to D1 or F3 then go into the Tantrum Stance set-up for the B3 or hit 2 then use DBF1 command grab. Sense her F3 is over head and the Tantrum Stance is a low she great mix-ups IMO.

champdee

Noob
watch, one day someone will find some really good stuff with joker, or place well with him, lol.. anyway.
I don't play her but know plenty of people that do at a high level, you can zone amazingly good with her, she has a string which you could b3 off of very easily, decent mixups which lead to silly slide 1, b3 (b2,2 I believe is one) absolutely amazing corner game..

oh and add death stroke as a not so easy matchup.. some people have said it's not in her favor, but winable (like any matchup in this game including jokers eg: steveosupremo winning/coming close to a good batman (forget which)

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Known bad match-ups

Raven 7-3
Raven can out zone Harley pretty easily. Try not to use gunshot in this match up unless you wanna eat soul crushes.
BA was 7-3
That was pre-patch it may be a 6-4 or even 5-5. Unsure really
Flash 6-4
Harley's B22 getting "buffed" sure did help the Flash and his charge become more safe.
Sinestro 6-4
Full screen zoning is somewhat troubling for her
Doomsday 6-4 (which is debatable. Most of our top players say it's 5-5)
Lobo 6-4 maybe. From what I heard but have not seen his buffs help him in the match up more. But could be 5-5

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
She is a very random character, and you can use that to your advantage. Great zoning(those saying otherwise clearly haven't seen what she is capable of and/or don't do her justice in that field), and she's very "GAH" upclose. While she mainly makes the opponent respect a ton of lows, she does have a few overheads but slow. f2 is a 27f overhead but the strings from there leave you at advantage, and her f12 string, the 2 is an overhead which on hit pretty much guarantees you a 50/50 but on block is -8 so be wary. However, she has instant air gun shots that are overheads that are roughly 15f or so. Start up of it is 11f I believe, but take into account the frames to jump. Her cupcakes are overheads, and a 3/4 charged pop pop is an overhead, though slow also. She has a great amount of frame traps that is key to sneaking in her 20f starters/strings once your opponent respects your advantage on block that you can follow up with 6f starters.

Made this a while back, but hope this can help get an understanding:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
She is a very random character, and you can use that to your advantage. Great zoning(those saying otherwise clearly haven't seen what she is capable of and/or don't do her justice in that field), and she's very "GAH" upclose. While she mainly makes the opponent respect a ton of lows, she does have a few overheads but slow. f2 is a 27f overhead but the strings from there leave you at advantage, and her f12 string, the 2 is an overhead which on hit pretty much guarantees you a 50/50 but on block is -8 so be wary. However, she has instant air gun shots that are overheads that are roughly 15f or so. Start up of it is 11f I believe, but take into account the frames to jump. Her cupcakes are overheads, and a 3/4 charged pop pop is an overhead, though slow also. She has a great amount of frame traps that is key to sneaking in her 20f starters/strings once your opponent respects your advantage on block that you can follow up with 6f starters.

Made this a while back, but hope this can help get an understanding:

towards the end about the HG MU, I shut my mouth on that one lol. It's actually the other way around when you learn the MU

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
watch, one day someone will find some really good stuff with joker, or place well with him, lol.. anyway.
I don't play her but know plenty of people that do at a high level, you can zone amazingly good with her, she has a string which you could b3 off of very easily, decent mixups which lead to silly slide 1, b3 (b2,2 I believe is one) absolutely amazing corner game..

oh and add death stroke as a not so easy matchup.. some people have said it's not in her favor, but winable (like any matchup in this game including jokers eg: steveosupremo winning/coming close to a good batman (forget which)
Harley for me is just another character I want to play, I'm almost 100% Joker in any and all matchups other than 1-2 that I don't have a player to grind with.

nightE89

Cupcakes!!!
Really Raven a 7-3, yeah she can absorb the gunshot but, could have sworn full screen we beat her cause her soul crush is not full screen and we have a faster startup on gunshot I would have said that MU is more in Harley favor

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok, moving on.

Best frametraps and guaraneed followups? What moves should I be throwing out?