What's new

New Superman Corner Setup! (It's cheap, I promise)

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Hey everyone!

I'm been playing Superman since IJ1 release, and was heavily involved in the forums here back when the game was new. In IJ2, he is slightly nerfed in some areas, like with the scaling they added to dive-bomb corner resets.

I don't want to be too quick and call this a 'new' vortex or anything, but it definitely functions like one. I got inspiration from Batman's MB grapple reset, where you do a deep j.2, then mix-up using the heavy frame advantage. j.2, st.11 gives you a throw or strike mix-up at +15, but this gives you almost double the frames and opens up a whole new tree of options.

1. This clip shows that you are at +25 (or more) after a deep j.2.

Superman's D1 is 6f, and F3 is 30f. After the j.2, pretty much every move in his arsenal becomes uninterruptible by even the fastest moves in the game. Because it's a standing reset, you also don't have to worry about wake-ups.

https://twitter.com/raynexpress/status/881243162722881538

2. Here are a ton of options you can try after the deep j.2. Every single one of these options is uninterruptible if you time it properly (like Bat's grapple reset). I also end each combo in the exact same setup to show that you can loop it for a 'vortex' if you have a bar to spare.

*I opted to NOT use F23 xx trait early in the combo because I wanted the trait damage buff to last into the second combo if the reset hits.

https://twitter.com/raynexpress/status/881248265764777984

I should also mention that you can opt for Heat Zap, st.3 xx Scoop after any freeze to go for max damage rather than a reset as well.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Damn this is really nice, good find.
I been messing around with him lately, after a freeze I was doing 11xxtrait into either 22xxScoop or 223, but this is a lot better.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Damn this is really nice, good find.
I been messing around with him lately, after a freeze I was doing 11xxtrait into either 22xxScoop or 223, but this is a lot better.
Up till now, I was doing 11 into throw / step back F23 (punish the throw whiff), or 11 trait into the 22 stuff.

But I was trying out different characters, and eventually some Batman mixups, when it dawned on me that other character's deep jump-ins should function the same. If your character can freeze or otherwise guarantee a jump-in, you can run strong mixups at 20+ frames of advantage without fear of interruption. Batman, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Firestorm, Black Canary, and Subzero fall into this category, that I know of.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Up till now, I was doing 11 into throw / step back F23 (punish the throw whiff), or 11 trait into the 22 stuff.

But I was trying out different characters, and eventually some Batman mixups, when it dawned on me that other character's deep jump-ins should function the same. If your character can freeze or otherwise guarantee a jump-in, you can run strong mixups at 20+ frames of advantage without fear of interruption. Batman, Supergirl, Green Arrow, Firestorm, Black Canary, and Subzero fall into this category, that I know of.
This could really help a character such as Firestorm, and it would also probably work for Wonderwoman with her mb shield toss, although she doesn't get as many options as others do.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Yeah figured this one out a while a go. Adding the heat zap gives you a bit of extra chip damage plus still leaves you at plus 15. Though adding the heat zap means not all moves will be uninterruptible like f3 etc.

Good tech.