What's new

New Supergirl Injustice 2 Gameplay Video via IGN

Immortal

Blind justice....
Solid theory but they can't do that, man. Gotta make that EVO money. You figure they're throwing $10k a tournament at us, they're definitely seeing returns on the back end.

I2'll be out before or early May.
Well, that may be true. We will know soon enough thou. To hit early May release date they would have to announce it in January at the latest (and even then it would be quite late for production of that status).

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
This game's direction and roster are done. They just haven't found an angle for presentation yet. MKX sold so well that they know that no public info is better than poorly received public info.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well, that may be true. We will know soon enough thou. To hit early May release date they would have to announce it in January at the latest (and even then it would be quite late for production of that status).
Why would they have to announce it in January? People have been buying Injustice 2 since before we even had gameplay footage.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Why would they have to announce it in January? People have been buying Injustice 2 since before we even had gameplay footage.
Like pretty much any big title you want to create as much sale hype as you possible can and believe it or not a side gameplays for most people knowing the release date is very important. While there are exceptions it's a common practice to give (to the public) release date at least 4-6 months before it actually happen. It also have quite a lot to do with marketing. You also want to have on every possible gameplay (at the end) "in stores May 3rd" not just "Coming 2017". There are various things in it / to it. All in all 4-6 months before the release is usually a safe zone for announcing the release date and a common practice. We always did it that way (for our 3 last games), most companies do it this way.

Althou it doesn't mean WB have to do the same, like i said - we gonna know either way soon enough.

OK... unless I'm being really, really stupid, I honestly don't see how Supergirl's teleport punch is comparable to pre-patch Scorpion's at all.

From the video it looks like it'll be really easy to block on reaction if done without a specific purpose in mind (e.g. countering projectiles) From there it simply needs to be unsafe on block and immediately we have a fair and balanced move.

On a side note, I think January announcement of a release date is a decent bet. Then they can tie it all up with some cheesy 'new year, new ways of fighting' tagline, possibly using the 'fuck 2016' meme because why not?

Kokoko

Somehow
I hope, we'll get a new trailer in the next few weeks. That was the same story with MKX, 3 months of silence. And then NRS released gameplay trailer (01/14/15) with Kitana, Kung Lao and new stages. So there is a chance.
Or even better. Kombat Kast with confirmed characters. It'd be cool to see improvements and some new gameplay.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I must be the only one who actually liked the old face. It just looked weird in certain lighting is all. But this new one isn't bad.

Her gameplay looks fantastic though as long as the telepunch isn't OH. Love the air grab.

They need to keep rolling these out. Starved for information on this game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I hope they do another tournament trailer like they did with Inj1. Where they faced off the chars in brackets, showed us gameplay, gave us reveals, and let us vote on the winners. I think it was weekly from the end of Jan to release if I remember correct.

Honestly I think it was the most hype part of the lead up into Inj1.

Edit: this for those who forgot, every week.

Last edited: