What's new

New Stages - Images

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
stage interactable - throwing someone into the soulchamperskullthing and win the round?
a more cavelike design instead of that library thing would have been better but its still nice looking.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Agreed that the Soul Chamber looks similar in some regards to the Bone Temple.

But god damn, does it look beautiful. A really good modern rendition of a classic stage in my opinion. Can't wait to play on it!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Almost looks like the Soul Chamber has been spawned within The Temple / Cathedral from MK9, that's kinda what it looks like to me anyway.

The artists at NRS are a cut above the rest, but they also have the benefit of working on a small scene for a long time rather than large levels. Even so, they are still pretty damn awesome.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Huh, kinda seems like I'm the only one here who thinks this version of the Soul Chamber is better than the previous ones. I absolutely love it!

It's no underground Soul Chamber from MK3 but I would put this as the second best version of Soul Chamber for me.
I love the Stained Glass Windows in the back and the very different Skull design.

It may be an unpopular opinion but I hate the MK9 Soul Chamber with it's stupid tentacles flying everywhere.

Huh, kinda seems like I'm the only one here who thinks this version of the Soul Chamber is better than the previous ones. I absolutely love it!
Nah, not just you. Looks great. I like that it's a slightly different take on the classic.

Given that it seems to be part of a temple, it's quite possible it fits in with part of the story with Shinnok's temple.

For the most part they do well with stage redesigns. Only time i can think of where they really screwed up was the Portal in the 3D era games, when it had no similarities with the classic MK2 one at all. But even so, it was still a nice looking stage.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Both look incredible. Amazing designs, good depth, all of it.

Are there more new stages or just these 2?

I do have a general criticism of stages in this game though. I feel like a lot of them have like a “muddy” or very brown/earth tone palette.

That’s not an issue in and of itself, but I feel like a lot of the characters have similar tones/saturation’s which for me sometimes makes the characters sort of blend into the stage or just not pop very much.

The stages are beautiful to look at, but I wish they were a bit more light or even less busy so that the character silhouettes stood out a bit more to highlight their design.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Nope, I completely agree.

It looks beautiful, and to be honest this and the Dead Pool make me sad that every classic stage won't get a remake :(

Imagine the Living Forest done at the level of fidelity seen in MK11? God damn...

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
The best version remains that of MK3. Also the best soundtrack in all of MK3.

I wonder why they didn't add a Pit stage. Every MK needs a Pit stage (preferably The Pit III).

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Soul Chamber looks great. I need to see the Dead Pool. Don't care about the 9th Kronika-themed stage we didn't need.

NRS makes it easy to keep my money on my bank account.. oh wait the stages are free..

It’s like the art design team never played previous MK games. How can you mes up Soul chambers lol. Red messy boring stage. NRS really dislikes everything from the good old MK days..

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
NRS makes it easy to keep my money on my bank account.. oh wait the stages are free..

It’s like the art design team never played previous MK games. How can you mes up Soul chambers lol. Red messy boring stage. NRS really dislikes everything from the good old MK days..
I think the new stages look really good, but I also agree that NRS doesn't put enough stock in nostalgia.

You people remember how hard your dicks got when that launch trailer dropped and it had the old MK theme? I remember.

A re-imagined version of the old stages with the updated graphics of MK11 is what people want. While you're at it, let's go ahead and remix all the old themes. The new "music" is dogshit and completely forgettable.