What's new

New stage from Cage reveal is russia

I'm not feeling many of these new stages, yeah they look good, but they're too grounded in the real world and not enough fantasy elements. Where's the Kombat Tomb, Dead Pool, Wasteland style stages from the old days?

Not that i want to see all the old stages redone, just something with a unique style about it. Even MKX which i feel was panned harshly for it's stages had ones that were unique, or at least had a nice aesthetic to them; Jinsei Chamber, Sky Temple, Krossroads, Lin Kuei Palace.

Still plenty more to come though, so hopefully there'll be some good ones coming up.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'm not feeling many of these new stages, yeah they look good, but they're too grounded in the real world and not enough fantasy elements. Where's the Kombat Tomb, Dead Pool, Wasteland style stages from the old days?

Not that i want to see all the old stages redone, just something with a unique style about it. Even MKX which i feel was panned harshly for it's stages had ones that were unique, or at least had a nice aesthetic to them; Jinsei Chamber, Sky Temple, Krossroads, Lin Kuei Palace.

Still plenty more to come though, so hopefully there'll be some good ones coming up.
This seems to become another Special Forces vs Black Dragon game, with both having two freaking stages already... I'm sure Kano has a son running around in this game, no way they are gonna give us two Black Dragon stages and only 2 characters...

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me

We're getting 21 stages this game. There's guaranteed to be some variety. And considering we got Shang Tsung's Courtyard we're likely going to get more throwback stages. I'd expect to see the Dead Pool, Living Forest, and more mystical stages. We've only seen about 8 or 9 I believe. I'm more concerned with seeing more of the roster than the stages tbh.

All the stages we've seen have been great in terms of design. I particularly like Shang Tsung's Courtyard and the Tarkatan Village.

The fight club is really dope too.

no way they are gonna give us two Black Dragon stages and only 2 characters...
Kano + Kabal = Two Black Dragon Characters.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
xxRagingFlameXx, yes those are TWO characters, I said only 2 characters, so there needs to be at least a third... probably that boring Kano's son thing they kept crying for for ages now.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Uh... to get this thread mildly back on track. If this stage is meant to be paired with the Black Dragon Club stage (which also contains the red engine with Russian writing), we're looking at a lot of paired stages so far.

Shang's Island/Goro's Lair

Russian alley/Black Dragon club

SF-Base/SF-Hangar

Coincidence, or are stage transitions looking super likely all of a sudden?

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Special Forces : USA
Black Dragon : RUSSIA
Shao Kahn, Shinnok : Japan and China

USA fighting against evil. Good story, very very original..

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Special Forces : USA
Black Dragon : RUSSIA
Shao Kahn, Shinnok : Japan and China

USA fighting against evil. Good story, very very original..
The special forces are only part of the good guys. Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei are based in China, Scorpion who is good now is Japanese, and the Outworld characters aren’t FROM Japan or China, the Neatherrealm characters are literally from hell. Not sure I follow

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The special forces are only part of the good guys. Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei are based in China, Scorpion who is good now is Japanese, and the Outworld characters aren’t FROM Japan or China, the Neatherrealm characters are literally from hell. Not sure I follow
I think/hope he was joking.

E

Eldriken

The majority of the posts in this thread had nothing to do with the topic, so they've been deleted. Stay on topic.

most disappointing Stage yet. This is the second Stage in Russia the Black Dragon Fight Klub says Fuck Fujin on some of the boxes.

Uh... to get this thread mildly back on track. If this stage is meant to be paired with the Black Dragon Club stage (which also contains the red engine with Russian writing), we're looking at a lot of paired stages so far.

Shang's Island/Goro's Lair

Russian alley/Black Dragon club

SF-Base/SF-Hangar

Coincidence, or are stage transitions looking super likely all of a sudden?
It's probably their quasi-solution to the problem MKX story had with one stage filling a whole chapter because the stages were worlds apart. So now we get two stages in a chapter because they take the fight inside/outside/underground at some point.

I like the cave face in The Kove.