What's new

Tech NEW SMOKE TECH (Anti Wake Up X-Ray)

Apock

Noob
Whole trick is about bufforing X ray right before entering command B2 (B2 ~xray) and in the moment when opponent is making wake up attack, already buffored x ray will turn itself on, armor should beat attack and he will be hit by xray, IF HE DOESNT MAKE WAKE UP ATTACK , instead just getting up the xray will not start itself up:) But because smoke can cancel his xray , we can eat up wake up with our armor and cancel the xray doing standard full combo which alows us to punish even such specials like (sektor's ex tp or overhead throw kabal!). The only char which i wasnt able to punish even after cancelled xray was Jaxj because of his recovery being too good. You can even punish upball kano on full combo. I havent tested it yet vs reptail but you should test it out by yourselfs who you can punish with that. I understand it costs 3bars, but we are getting free mix for smoke with juggle for 40+% which can win the game + finally we have some stylish mix with canceled xray and using its armor.

btw. its opening completely new chapter in fight vs wake up because there are heroes that can buffor up specials with armor that burst through wake ups, like skorpion and his 3~ex spear

With thanks for Vulcan Hades for the idea , and in the end a lil trick for smoke near the wall

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Cool bro, now when they block you can waste 3 meters.

Edit didnt mean to post just that line straight away:

Try this with EX Teleport. You get the same result if your trying to smash wake ups, the canceling part is good, but it will also activate the xray if they wake up blocking. I have been playing around with something similar to this which il post soon if it turns out to be any good.

EDIT AGAIN: I'll let you do some playing around with it too see what you make instead of testing it myself and taking longer to bring it to light. Do this with EX Shake, you only use 1 meter, can still cancel, and if you do this:

3 b d f BL1 2 correctly, you will get an EX Shake on their wake up, or a 3d12 if they dont wake up. It need some ironing out, but you can see what im trying to achieve with this!

THe 3 must be timed to connect on their wakeup. Also EX Moves dont always get parried.

PLEASE for the love of god stop mentioning my name with all these videos. I don't want to be associated with something so dumb lol.

No offense to OP, I'm glad I inspired you and others to try new things and explore but I just want people to understand YALL DOING IT WRONG AND YOU'LL NEVER GET IT RIGHT. Stryker can get an untechable knockdown and he has pokes that stay active for a long time. That's the only reason why he can get away with it. And even then it only works on a couple of characters. STOP THINKING THIS ACTUALLY WORKS ON TECHABLE KNOCKDOWNS. IT JUST DOESN'T. AND STOP THROWING RANDOM POKES AT POINT BLANK RANGE THAT'S NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK.

Refer to this post for more information please: http://testyourmight.com/threads/x-ray-os-on-opponents-wakeup.13709/page-2#post-270026

Thank you.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
PLEASE for the love of god stop mentioning my name with all these videos. I don't want to be associated with something so dumb lol.

No offense to OP, I'm glad I inspired you and others to try new things and explore but I just want people to understand YALL DOING IT WRONG AND YOU'LL NEVER GET IT RIGHT. Stryker can get an untechable knockdown and he has pokes that stay active for a long time. That's the only reason why he can get away with it. And even then it only works on a couple of characters. STOP THINKING THIS ACTUALLY WORKS ON TECHABLE KNOCKDOWNS. IT JUST DOESN'T. AND STOP THROWING RANDOM POKES AT POINT BLANK RANGE THAT'S NOT HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK.

Refer to this post for more information please: http://testyourmight.com/threads/x-ray-os-on-opponents-wakeup.13709/page-2#post-270026

Thank you.
Precisely why im testing and trying out in matches my version/iteration of this "tech" but only the option select part. xray is rubbish in any case, so its not worth throwing out for this

Apock

Noob

Thank you.

Smoke also have untechable knockdown, and OP works fine with airthrow

I now its not perfect, but ccomone ppl, chill out ;]

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Cool bro, now when they block you can waste 3 meters.

Edit didnt mean to post just that line straight away:

Try this with EX Teleport. You get the same result if your trying to smash wake ups, the canceling part is good, but it will also activate the xray if they wake up blocking. I have been playing around with something similar to this which il post soon if it turns out to be any good.

EDIT AGAIN: I'll let you do some playing around with it too see what you make instead of testing it myself and taking longer to bring it to light. Do this with EX Shake, you only use 1 meter, can still cancel, and if you do this:

3 b d f BL1 2 correctly, you will get an EX Shake on their wake up, or a 3d12 if they dont wake up. It need some ironing out, but you can see what im trying to achieve with this!

THe 3 must be timed to connect on their wakeup. Also EX Moves dont always get parried.
:) The b2 have to wiff as near as possible and the X-ray will not come out if they just block or stand there. But if they try to attack you with anything the X-ray will come out. It depends who do you fight. It works best in the corner. But still you can't use it all the time. Only if you realize that your opponent is using wake up all the time. it is a toll that catches people sometimes. Don't be so rush with the guy........we are all trying to help.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I would rather tell someone straight that what they are doing is no good then beat around the bush and perhaps confuse people.
Using your xray on a guess of someones wakeup is bad, theres not enough active frames to just take vulcans idea and replicate it, it wont work, the way his works is their wake up moves in to your attack during its long ass active duration, this isnt the case with smoke because his normals dont stay out for multiple frames.

Do it as i said, using 3 at a position where you move forward to meet their wake up, and input 3 bdfBL1 2, you basically are doing 3d12 as a meaty over their wake up, this works well after a whiffed tele on the wakeup because of the timing, its pretty much on point for when their wakeup comes out, and after an airthrow they are untechable.

if you do the meaty 3d12 in the right way and they wake up, because you input 3 bfdBL1 you are inputting effectively an option select of, 3d1, or 3~EX shake, which will come out on the event that 3 connects.

If they dont do anything the 3 shouldnt connect, and you will get a blockstring of 3d12 (WIN).
If they wake up attack, you will get 3~EX shake, which stuffs a number of wakeups, but not all of them so need to test alot more for character specific situations.
If they wake up blocking, you will connect 3~ex shake aswell, which they can only poke or low hit you from with insane jedi reactions, because anything else the shake will stuff. Also in this situation you can dash forward back, uf or ub and cancel into pressure.

This is still in development and i was a long way from posting this, but as you are all looking in the wrong places for this sort of tech i had to post it earlier, so be wary this was not completed and is still in testing stage, so dont call me up if your getting fucked over trying it.

I also mentioned doing the b2, EX tele. Thats not really good, and you can only really do this if you READ a wake up attack. You can space in a way that their movement forward during wake up causes your 2 to connect, and your ex tele will come out, and beat them back down to the ground.
This is far less reliable, hugely risky, and if you space it wrong you can end up teleporting into a blocking op, so use with your own caution.

In future PLEASE test everything before posting it as you can clearly see vulcan hades posted warnings with his tech, stating how character specific it is, and why its developed for stryker, and hard to use with other members of the cast.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If :l:bp :x provided enough stumble that you could come out out :x and continue your combo on hit to launch with :fk:d:fp:bp, then I would say it ''could'' have a specific use.

But, as it is now, I am not feeling it, and I come up with some very scenario/read specific tech, so thats saying something.

But if people keep pushing like this, you never know what we might find.

Sorry dude.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Thank you.
You are forever tied to this LMAO

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
in all seriousness though, punishing a wake up with X-ray is an option. Especially if they have safe wake ups and are not shy about using them. It's risky as all hell, but it's an option that falls clearly under the "shenanigans" category.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
in all seriousness though, punishing a wake up with X-ray is an option. Especially if they have safe wake ups and are not shy about using them. It's risky as all hell, but it's an option that falls clearly under the "shenanigans" category.
^ The best post in this thread besides the OP.