What's new

Breakthrough - Unbreakable New Slide got 0.57 damage scale...

Lokheit

Noob
I'm finally testing my copy of MKXL and toying with the new stuff and my calculator and just found this.

The new UB Aura EX Slide applies a total damage scale of 0.57 (meaning all damage after it is multiplied by 0.57): 0.95 on the first hit and 0.60 on the second one.

0.60 penalty on the same hit is BRUTAL. The hardcap penalty is 0.66 and I'm convinced this is a case of double penalties on the same hit like happens with Kenshi (btw Kenshi still has his double damage penalties) which would mean he's applying 0.8 for the natural second hit of the slide and 0.75 for the freeze like an Iceball (0.8x0.75 = 0.6) but even EX Iceball is 0.85 instead of 0.75 and many freezes are softer than that.

So basically this is the reason no one is finding combos worth that extra bar. It's even not that threatening in the neutral game as it affects gravity (so worse base combos) on top of reducing your damage to almost half of the following combo damage.

And of course using aura mid combo still applies a 0.85 penalty on a non hitting move while other characters can use similar moves mid combo without getting any penalty... combined with the aura not being so good now that chip damage isn't as threatening as it used to be...

Just act like Unbreakable doesn't exist and the Fridge is SZ third variation instead of Triborg's fourth. Life will be easier that way.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
you guys should Experement with his Aura active shatter combos. off of an over head i get 28% meterless

B2, RC, B12~DB1 = 28%

im sure you guys can do much more.

and his Arua is fast enough to link some combos together.

like B12 which is plus 20 on hit. then do 242 rc 123 EX slide then follow up from there with what ever you like.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i think if they buff anything it should be aura recovery reduction or make it slightly advantageous. which would be awesome.

i know people can call it broke, but almost every character has cancels so they can make everything safe.

its time we get sub in the Spotlight and make Unbreakable RIZE through the ashes.

ando1184

Noob
i think if they buff anything it should be aura recovery reduction or make it slightly advantageous. which would be awesome.

i know people can call it broke, but almost every character has cancels so they can make everything safe.

its time we get sub in the Spotlight and make Unbreakable RIZE through the ashes.
Honestly from the get go, they should have made aura reduce damage from the opponent and then the EX aura reduces it slightly more. SZ is already a character who is quite unsafe on a lot of his stuff. This variation was meant to be his defensive form, so for them to knee jerk buff it with the quick activation combos ability (like Kano, LK, etc....) and ex slide, I just think they're trying to mold him into everyone else in this game. But with SZ it doesn't work, every special is punishable so he can't build meter effectively, his tools don't operate at how they appear (on paper) and he just suffers in a game where everyone else has the same tools but they work better. BG Kotal has defense totem (SZ aura) but it doesn't require a bar, Kano/Sonya/LK have parries (SZ has double the recovery and less active frames it seems and on top of that he can be poked out of it on startup), now on top of that his damage is scaled more in combos that are supposed to allow him to get more damage to begin with? Idk bout the rest of you but to me, this character just seems like he was designed to fail at what he's supposed to do. I'm not trying to turn this into a buff unbreakable thing but his current build can't play mkXL. @op thanks for doing the homework on ex slide. sry for the rant guys, it's just upsetting to see a "cool" idea for defensive style players get turned upside down because that style of play is near nonexistent in this game. I mean it makes no sense to not reward the player who can make smart reads and patience??